It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I seen my past life???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
For many years I have been told by my family and friends that I am "sensitive" to supernatural occurances, and that I have a unique gift. Well anyway. I have been having these strange dreams for years now, and they are all exactly the same, and they feel very real, i remember feeling hot because my dream took place in vietnam. Usually people don't remember dreams well, but this was very vivid and i remember it clearly. it's a little bit scary. They go like this...

It is vietnam, and judging by the uniforms and equipment me and my men are wearing its 1967-1970's. (olive drab covered buttons, slant pocket uniforms, m-16's instead of m-14's, etc.) I'm supposing I'm a sergeant, because i remember giving orders to these other soldiers. Anyway, we are walking on this dirt road and i remember we are split up and walking on opposite sides of the road toward this huge temple in the jungle. and as we are walking, we are ambushed, and there is alot of gunfire coming from the bush, I don't remember seeing any enemy, only tracers and movement coming from the junle and my Lt. is killed instantly (I knew he was an LT by his collar insignia) any way i remember there being gunfire everywhere and then i get hit in the chest, and i look down and see blood on my hands and on my uniform and then i guess i get shot in the head because my head jerks back and it all goes black and i wake up....

My mom tells me it could have been my past life. She says this because I have been into the vietnam war stuff ever since i can remember. I am also a natural shooter, I even out shot a couple MP's at Mitchell Field during weapons training when i was in JROTC. scary part was that was my first time using a rifle, not to mention an automatic rifle! I have been reenacting vietnam ever since my dreams, because it gives my a sense of something, and it just feels very natural to me.

Feel free to call me crazy or what not, i just wanted to know if there was anybody out there who has had a similar expierience.

-boondock saint

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm not going to call you crazy though. But, I'd like to take a psychological aproach to it. I believe it could be, that your interest as a child in the vietnam war, was some how related to this dream, in the sense that you placed yourself into a subject/topic that you knew much about. It's kind of like watching a scary movie, and at night placing yourself in that scary movie in a dream. Unless you were able to pick out specifics, such as names, landmarks, points of contact (and verify it), then I would believe it were a past life experience, but other then that, it was just a dream. As for shooting, it is common to say, that the majority of people that first pick up a gun, whether semi-auto, auto, pump, are good at shooting. The reason being, as children we constantly see everyday tasks that require some form of point of focus (aim), it could be the television, video games, toy guns, etc. and in some retrospect, become professionals at it, without even noticing it. Anyways, hopes this helps a little bit.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yes you are having past life episode I dont know you age but this episodes of past life happens when your where on a critical time during the time that the particular episode happend meaning may be you are in this time at the same age that the episode happend on your past life and is as its peak, usually when you come to terms an analyze the episode it will became lest intruding in your dreams, When I was a child I had dreams of drowing I use to wake up choking like I had water in my lungs they became so severe that my mother took to a doctor I was as healthy as a child could be and I never even been close to be drown in this life, after age twelve the dream became lest severe and eventually when away to be sustitude by other dreams I was told ( I will prefer not to mention what kind it will become to controvertial by the lest believers) that I drowend at the age of eleven in another life and that It was not an accident, In my dreams it was an older man with me but he did not help me out of the water. I hope this helps a little bit.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think "Iknownothing" is a little more on than Marg, I like how Marg can tell just be your paragraph thats what it is.
It surly may be, But the only true way to find out is to wake up with a note pad and write down specs. Road signs etc. My dad did 2 tours in Nam and I am very much into it as well. Let me know some specs. and I can track down to see if something like this happend.

I also have dreams like this, but my guess is it is from reading so much about it.

IF you can jot down and specifics I would be glad to look up historical data, im not to bad at that.

Its seens like you want a real awnser to this, not opinion .

Peace

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
yeah, u definatley got killed in Nam in your last life

peace

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
is very hard to explain matters of no phisical plane to people that have their minds set into other things I am from the caribbean Islands and we have a more different view of the unexplainable, I am not a teen my father served in corea and lost a brother during the corean war also.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You guys are all being very helpful in sharing your viewpoints, The next time i have this dream i will try to write down specifics. While I was working in Cantigny (a local war museum) I was told by a vet who did a tour in Nam that he had a similar expierience. It's very hard to tell where the place exactly is, because the jungle is pretty much the same everywhere, and the temples are very similar. The thing that stood out was the size of the temple, It looked like it was a palace or something.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It could also be, Boondock, that you have a mildly overactive imagination, a vague wish to be different, and a strong desire for attention. Just a thought.

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
dreamrebel = always being negative

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think the fact that you have always been very interested in the Vietnam War actually takes away from the thought that it was your past life. Have you ever fantasised about being in the Vietnam War?

Perhaps if the thought of the Vietnam War or any movies about it made you feel anxious or depressed, then it would lend more credence to the possibility that you were there in a previous life.

From what I have read, a lot of people who discover their previous life are genuinely surprised by who they find themselves to have been. And generally havn't held any interest in the themes/era/roles they saw themselves in.

Not trying to put down your experiences at all, just offering an alternative view.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
That is not necessarily true. I was always interested in sci-fi. Then, when I got to middle age, I found out that I am REALLY an abductee, a walk-in and a genetic experiment. What I thought was a "coincidence" turned out to be true! It was my memories beginning to surface.
Boondock, try to make notes about who you used to be...if you can find your former name. Also, see if you can locate any other identifiable info, like where you were in Vietnam. Then you could look up records to see if anyone was there with that name and in that location.
Good luck.

top topics

join