It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut your damned mouth!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Bassplyr here and I have a rant to get off my chest that's been bugging me for years.

People who eat with their mouths open!!! I don't need to see you masticate or anything else that rhymes with that either. I don't need a visual of your mashed up food in your mouth every time you stick something in there!!

I was trying to enjoy a meal at the local In-N-Out burger today, and was inundated by three different tables with rude people chowing down with their mouths open and food spilling out. one table had a bunch of kids (read maladjusted 19 year olds, most actual kids are taught to close their mouths when they eat) wolfing down burgers and none of them had the decency or sense to close their mouths when they chewed. It was gross. then some guy in his mid 40's and a BO problem sits right next to me and starts chowing down with his mouth open too, at one point a thick gossamer of spittle oozed from his mouth and the burger that was held 6 inches from his mouth as he chewed (open mouthed) and just hung there for about 20 seconds. the guy was totally oblivious to this. a mother one table over was clearly disgusted and gasped quietly when he did this. Don't even get me started with the guy who was talking on his phone while chewing (food dribbling out) and making passes at uninterested women as they passed buy.

Seriously how did this happen that it was polite or even acceptable within modern society. I know some countries don't care about that but I was raised to understand that it is very rude and sorta gross to chew your food with your mouth open. Get some class, get some manners and close your damned mouth when you are chewing you morons!!!

I donno, am I crazy, or is this disgusting to everybody else? Also, what else do patrons or, employees even, of restaurants and eateries do to tick you off too?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Oh, I know what you mean...I absolutely cannot stand when someone eats with their mouth open, my number one pet peeve!

Smacking actually makes me nautious when I hear the sound!!

I also do not like when people eat cereal and turn the bowl up to drink the milk!
...and the people that eat so wild they have food on there face, and do not bother cleaning it off, they lick it!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh yeah..here i am, sitting here typing will im enjoying a fully packed taco..mmyum..aghh now my nose is itchy ..
My biggest hate regarding the eater..when they insist on eating while im trying to enjoy a cigarette...I mean...HELLO...manners..talk about a huge turn off..my smoke just does not smell the same.....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
People who want to talk to you while they're chewing. The food just sprays onto your face.

I usually try my Miss Manners subtlety and hold up a napkin over my face while ducking under the table. Euwwwww.

Yes, in this country, as in most civilized nations, it is considered crass and gauche to eat with your mouth open. Perhaps the supersize me generation can't get their entire meal in their mouths and still keep their lips together. Just one of the multitude of reasons I don't frequent fast food "restaurants". They're more like troughs for wild animals than fine dining establishments and what they serve is more like slop for the hogs than actual food. No wonder people act like pigs in there.

I taught my children at an early age to have table manners. More than once we have had total strangers comment on how well behaved the kids were and even pay for our meal (unbeknownst to me until I asked for the ticket). Don't people teach their children these rudimentary lessons anymore?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Oh, I forgot I cannot stand when people gulp their drinks...I really do not mind if it's beer, or when someone is overheated like from working out but, at the dinner table is just annoying! lol!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I'm with ya. Chewing with one's mouth open is absolutely disgusting!!! The worst one must have been the BO one though. Damn I hate people with BO. I don't want to derail your rant with my own rant on BO so I'll just say I agree with you.

Close your mouth!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Agreed, it's very unattractive and disgusting. I hate eating infront of people, I find I'm too self-conscious when I eat. I daren't even open my empty mouth to put the food in!!!

B.O is also disgusting. My old history teacher had really bad B.O and he was allergic to deodorant, too. Guaranteed, the first thing somebody in our class said was, "Sir, can we open the windows, please?"

Two people I work with have serious B.O problems, it makes me feel sick. I shower every morning after running and feel clean all day, every day.

I'm taking a girl out for dinner tonight, let's hope she chews her food with her mouth shut!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I totally hear you.
This is one of the first rules I teach my kids, unless they have a cold..they MUST chew with their mouth closed, and NO TALKING while eating.

I have to tell you what gets me worse though..
At least when someone is chewing with their mouth open, you know that when the food is gone, they are done.
Well, yesterday I got on the city bus to get across to the other side of town, a 40 minute ride. A lady got on at the next stop after me, and sat across from me.
She was chewing a huge wad of gum, with her mouth open, smacking it and she looked like a freakin cow chewing cud. I had to listen to that for a half hour before she got off. I was SO wishing I had remembered my MP3 player to block it out.
At one point I actually considered getting off the bus and walking the rest of the way.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

That's why I don't look at other people unless maybe if it's a hot lady lol.

I mean I find it rude if you look at me while I'm eating lol.

Plus is it me or does anyone else hate having to talk to people when you eat, I really like to enjoy my meal without any convo lol, but everyone loves to talk.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I just never talk with food in my mouth!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay

I also do not like when people eat cereal and turn the bowl up to drink the milk!

I love doing that lol, it's like milkshake.

One thing that annoys me is when people sip their tea or coffee, they make it really loud, then they say "Aaahhh" after every sip, yes I know it tastes nice, but please I don't want to hear "aah" for the next 10 mins.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yea, well I lived with my Aunt as a child and I remember drinking milk like that!
My Uncle shook his head when seeing me tip the bowl up, then taught me to drink it from a spoon!
He never talked much just motioned lol!

I also cannot stand when someone gets done eating and then they make a sucking noise through their teeth continuously from something stuck between them!

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay

Yea, well I lived with my Aunt as a child and I remember drinking milk like that!
My Uncle shook his head when seeing me tip the bowl up, then taught me to drink it from a spoon!
He never talked much just motioned lol!

I also cannot stand when someone gets done eating and then they make a sucking noise through their teeth continuously from something stuck between them!

LOL every comment in this thread makes me think about another annoying thing I don't like, it's like it won't stop.

Don't take food off my plate, don't put food you don't want on my plate, don't drink the damn ketchup, don't play with your food an laugh while eating and spit it out, don't throw any food and mess around etc etc.

That's basicaly what I sometimes had to endure when I go around my dads house and eat with my half sisters and brother, lol. They a bit older now, so it's less common.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Yea my ex used to do that, but sorry...I do not like drinking or eating after people, so if he would take a bite of something off my plate...I would just let him have it!

..it's funny when someone has pepper or food on their teeth when they laugh, or talk alot but, I usually tell them!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
But really nothing I really hate that much, just a little annoying that's all.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Im with Phoenix- I dont look around. I get disghusted while eating very easily. I cant have people talking about gross stuff or doing anything nasty as in chomping, slurping, smacking, making mmm mmm noises, licking their fingers really loudly. EEEEEW Thats just animalistic. I should only hear maybe some crunching. You cant help crunchiness. I had a stepdad who breathed really loud when he ate, like it was a marathon. He was a pig anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I work at a school supervising children during lunch and recess. My charges were a bunch of 7 yrs old in 2nd grade. Now, if you ever were 7, have children that have been 7, or can easily glance a 7 year old, you will notice that, more than likely, they have both front teeth missing. This " gap" becomes a launching pad when they talk with food in their mouth. They can fire things at you with such a rapid pace you cannot bob and weave fast enough.
Michael had a question,' Mithuth M, do you know how many thwimming poolth are in Dithney Theme Parkth??'

Wo ! Hold up little buddy.. My hand went up to block as much as i could as i explained that we dont talk with food in our mouth. I deflected 3 cheeto pieces. It wasnt until later when i was getting ready to cook dinner at home that i went to tie my hair up and * gulp* my hand got stuck on what could only be described as an orange glob of styrofoam in the back of my head. ( in case you wondered, chewed cheeto somehow hardens yet maintains its tackiness ).

My family was on their own for dinner that night as i shampooed, rinsed and repeated a dozen or so times.

I will donate my time and money to the: STOP TALKING WITH YOUR MOUTH FULL campaign.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I gotta agree with the poster regarding the lip smacking while eating. THat drives me nuts!!!!

My dad has a habit of doing that. he's my dad so I never bring it up. but it's like nails on a chalk board to me.

Another thing is when people make this weird sucking, whistle like noise when they eat. It's hard to explain the sound it's sorta related to the lip smacking noise. My dad does that too. I love him, so I let it slide but, just the same it drives me nuts.

Unless you are slurping soup how on earth do you make a slurping noise while eating a cheesburger? I don't even know how it's possible. I've never succeeded at it. but I know it can be done.

Also, please don't pick your teeth with your finger nails while sitting in a public restaurant. A tooth pick I can understand. but it's really gross to just sit at a table looking around while jamming your thumbnail into your molars to dislodge food. go to the bath room and work on it there. try drinking some water to get rid of it. or simply wait if it's not noticeable to the public till you leave, grab a tooth pick on the way out.

thanks everyone for your replies. glad to know I'm not crazy.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
raven bombshell,

Too right about certain topics while attempting to eat. I can usually talk about some pretty sanguine stuff while eating if I want to, but discussion about or even having a tv on in the back ground with a program on about bugs, insects etc... will make me wretch.

I simply can't do it.

PS I added everybody who responded to this post as a friend. not sure if it gives you guys points or anything, but hopefully it does. it's the thought that counts. besides I like to reward you guys for participating in my thread. if being my friend is any reward, could be a curse.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I guess its time to get a muzzle, these people have problems closing there mouth..
.....Put a fist in there and a little swelling will keep it tight and sealed...lol....if that doesn't work this will...
:bash:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join