It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana: Nat'l Guard troops fired at while guarding disaster relief supplies...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
link to the article from a local tv station...

www.katc.com...

I haven't yet read the comments posted about the article...should be interesting.
***forgive me for making mistakes...still operating on generator power and frazzled by the roaring noise!!**
Ezzi

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ezziboo]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ezziboo

Fixed the link:
The incident

Edit:

BATON ROUGE (AP) — Authorities says two suspects have been arrested for attempting to loot a supply truck loaded with food and water planned for Hurricane Gustav victims

Gov. Bobby Jindal says three suspects fired on National Guard soldiers in Ville Platte early Wednesday morning.

Jindal says two suspects were arrested by local police Wednesday night.

Jindal says the soldiers shot at the attempted looters after they were fired upon.

The three people trying to get to the supplies fled the site without getting to the 18-wheeler. A National Guard spokesman says there were no reports of injuries.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Bless your heart, darlin! Thank you so much for fixing the link!

I was just so ticked off when I heard about this shooting...the troops were guarding tarpaulins, bags of ice, and MRE's...

I'm just completely disgusted by humanity at the moment...due in part to this shooting, the looting/stealing incidents in New Iberia (town nearby my house), and the outright greed/fake helplessness/whining I've witnessed in the past day or so.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ezziboo

Someone left a comment on the KATC website about this shooting that is just so completely appropos, I cannot resist quoting it:

"It takes a special kind of stupid to fire at the military."

Should be our new state motto: "Louisiana, A Special Kind of Stupid"....

top topics

join