It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened Since the Styrofoam Columns Were Put Away?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Beyond any partisan politics, I don't think I've ever seen such a stunning change in momentum so quickly in any political campaign.

Hard as it is to believe, it was only a week ago that the world was getting ready for Obama's Denver extravaganza. ONE WEEK.

In seven days the entire discussion has been shifted to Sarah Palin, who knocked the ball completely out of the park last night. A week ago the MSM was speculating about Ridge, Lieberman, Pawlenty, and Romney as VP. Today people are speculating about Sarah Palin being POTUS in 2012.

Can anybody ever recall a political leader going from unknown to media superstar so quickly?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Too soon for the "McCain hit it out of the ballpark" thread?
I can tell you're just itching to whip that one out.

But I think you are correct in your analysis.

Let's call it "The Palin Pendulum" effect!

Momentum is on your side, so far so good right?

[edit on 9/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Actually, McCain did it just before New Hampshire. He was broke, had just fired his campaign manager, and the pundits said he didn't have a shot in hell.

A day later, he was the toast of the town.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Palin threw a bathtub full of steak at a crowd of rabid dogs. That's all. There was no substance, she stretched the truth more times than not and to me came off as just another divisive fear monger from the republican party.

You see, the republican hate fest loves this stuff. Most of the men in the room were probably just surprised that a woman could be useful anywhere else but the kitchen or the birthing table.

Too bad john McCain had to bring a woman in to fight his battles for him.

Hopefully she will be able to keep her job as governor after Obama is elected.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
reply to post by jamie83

Palin threw a bathtub full of steak at a crowd of rabid dogs. That's all. There was no substance, she stretched the truth more times than not and to me came off as just another divisive fear monger from the republican party.

You see, the republican hate fest loves this stuff. Most of the men in the room were probably just surprised that a woman could be useful anywhere else but the kitchen or the birthing table.

Too bad john McCain had to bring a woman in to fight his battles for him.

Hopefully she will be able to keep her job as governor after Obama is elected.

Gee, and with a post like that, you have the gaul to call the Republican party hateful? Oh, the hypocracy! Thank you for painting a picture for us of the typical "sour Democrat".

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by jamie83

Too soon for the "McCain hit it out of the ballpark" thread?
I can tell you're just itching to whip that one out.

No, actually I was thinking the Republicans would have been better off if the convention ended last night. I don't see how McCain is going to follow Palin's speech.

And this isn't about any partisan slant. I thought Obama's race speech was great. I thought his DNC speech in 2004 was great. I thought his speech last Thursday was disappointing in that he didn't take it to the next level but instead seemed to appear more like a run-of-the-mill party hack. I never heard McCain give a speech that was more than average.

This is about how Palin went from not being on anybody's radar a week ago to being a mega-star in a week. Even Biden today started trying to lower expectations for how he would do in his debate with her.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Too bad I am not a democrat. Registered independent, thanks. I just think that this RNC convention is the same theorum that turns me off to the RNC time and time again.

The recipe is:

Terrorists
Higher Taxes
Jihad
Terrorists
Liberals

VOILA! RNC stew.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Don't worry about McCain's follow up. Everyone will be watching the NFL opener. At least I will be.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Is the Palin Pendulum still swinging your way?
I thought I just heard CNN say something about new revelations with the state trooper thing. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
I'll try to find a linky for you, I know you're super strict with sources.

cnn

Momentum.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

join