It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Palin's 'Contributions' to Women Establishes new 'Crack in the Wooden Floor'"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

"Palin's 'Contributions' to Women Establishes new 'Crack in the Wooden Floor'"

satiricalpolitical.com

“SARAH PALIN PROVES THAT A WOMAN CAN FALL AS LOW AS A MAN IN TERMS OF BEING A RIGHT-WING, KNOW-NOTHING, BOOK-BURNING NEANDERTHAL IDEOLOGUE, WHO DISPUTES GLOBAL WARMING, AND HYPOCRITICALLY DENIES OTHERS THE VERY PRIVATE FAMILY CHOICES THAT SHE CLAIMS ARE HER OWN BUSINESS.” (satire)- caps are theirs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.crooksandliars.com

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Please, people, do some reading on this neo-con. I know the above title is linked to a satirical site, it's funny and I meant to show I think cracking numbskull politicians on both sides I think is funny. Dems are just as guilty in all of it, but that doesn't mean I can't laugh. The internet is alive with Palin's past, and yes, it IS the job of the media to ask questions, which in turn sometimes elicits unfavorable responses. I would think any woman, man or counting elephant would not want her "progressive" - ahm, views represented in the second highest office in the land. That is of course unless you are one of the 80 million evangellical go get er's in this great land. Are you? If not, I say, RETHINK your position. Also, regarding the idea that vetting a candidate is not only proper but neccessary:

"The second thing is more insidious: Steve Schmidt has decided, for tactical reasons, to slime the press. He wants the public to believe that there is an unfair–sexist (you gotta love it)–personal assault going on against Palin and her family. This is a smokescreen, intended to divert attention from the very real and responsible vetting that is taking place in the media–about the substance of Palin’s record as mayor and governor.

There is a tendency in the media to kick ourselves, cringe and withdraw, when we are criticized. But I hope my colleagues stand strong in this case: it is important for the public to know that Palin raised taxes as governor, supported the Bridge to Nowhere before she opposed it, pursued pork-barrel projects as mayor, tried to ban books at the local library and thinks the war in Iraq is “a task from God.” The attempts by the McCain campaign to bully us into not reporting such things are not only stupidly aggressive, but unprofessional in the extreme."

crooksandliars.com

Thoughts other than the always tired msm is left wing stuff? Also, this is my first thread with posted sources, etc and if it doesn't function right, please HELP ME! Thanks.

ColoradoJens

satiricalpolitical.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Mods, I meant to mention I tried to post in the political forum (decision 2008) but I was met with an error message each time. Perhaps I'm not going to the right place initially to post? Please don't delete as it's my first real thread and move to the proper forum if you would be so kind? Thanks.

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The more you angry left journalists attack her the more popular she will become so keep it up. McCain is a genius, best pick possible. Anything that riles the angry left into a frenzy is a sign of something good. The rabid hatred and anger will soon cause huge gafs and leave Obama's campaign is shambles doing nothing but damage control.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
As "low as a man" the article states? Are men another speicies or sub-species?

How utterly moronic.....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The unfortunate thing is that there is so much, in such a short span, to attack her on. I mean geeze, do you have any issue with the vetting of Biden? What, did he fart in a meeting once or something? You may be right that she is the right choice for Mcain - after all, you did re-elect perhaps the worst President ever. Also I am not a journalist and please take the time to read the links. I read and follow both left and right publications/sites and often times am suprised by my own realizations - please try, with out hyperbole, to think it through.

Adios,

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Agreed that wording is bad in the header, but it reads "...as low as a man in terms of..." Please read the links provided and assess this person, who has been thrust on you by a cabal of the hardest core right wing nuts who coincidentally have also hijacked the Republican/Republibuisness party. Republicans should be pissed.

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Because she stands up for herself it makes her as low as a man..? First of all the phrase is sexist against men, and secondly it's patently false. Considering the barrage of media attacks upon her, I think she handled herself quite well.

There was nothing insidious or patently false in what she said, she was simply calling things the way she saw them. I guess honesty can be painful for some people though.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yet another pathetic attempt to bash Sarah Palin.

Why? It is quite simply FEAR. FEAR that she has just crushed the exalted rock star Obama's chances to become president.

The unfortunate thing is that there is so much, in such a short span, to attack her on.

Right. So far it has been "issues" like her kids and the sound of her voice. Oh, and thanks, lloyd45 for reminding me. Demos/libs guilty of blatant sexism. To have listened to them over the years, one would have not thought that was even possible.

Get a grip, and then get a life.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That's a satrical website.

It says that right in the name.

Who's clueless here?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
GradyP - It is and it's funny. My attempt (clearly failed -plead read above first post) was to link the story to crooksandliars.com. The satire is just that, which I enjoy either dem or rep. Sorry for the screw up and I can see where you would laugh. Please review C&R

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I agree it's funny, and even agree with some of the sentiment expressed...

But it really doesn't belong in the breaking news forum, no offense.

top topics

join