It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Policy expert Biden confuses “brigades” with “battalions” — for the third time in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
"[H]eralding his own experience, Biden also said he “know(s) as much as anyone in government about” national security and foreign policy.
And for the third time since his acceptance speech a week ago, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee confused battalions and brigades.
“Over a year and a half ago,” Biden said of Obama. “He said we need two more combat battalions in Afghanistan.”
Actually, Obama called for two more combat brigades.
A brigade is bigger than a battalion — a brigade, in fact, is composed of a varying number of battalions."

xxxxx-----xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-

Speaking at the Democratic National Convention about Sen. Barack Obama’s foreign policy judgment, Biden stated that Obama has advocated for two additional battalions in Afghanistan.
In fact, Obama called for two extra brigades – a small verbal slip, but a significant numerical one. A brigade is composed of a varying number of battalions. Biden’s prepared remarks included the correct term.

xxxxx-----xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-

And for the third time since his acceptance speech a week ago, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee confused battalions and brigades.

“Over a year and a half ago,” Biden said of Obama. “He said we need two more combat battalions in Afghanistan.”

Actually, Obama called for two more combat brigades.

A brigade is bigger than a battalion -- a brigade, in fact, is composed of a varying number of battalions.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So what's the point here? Don't vote for Obama/Biden because Biden used the wrong word?

Peace

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I gotta agree, menial mistakes such as this shouldnt be pounced on, gaffes happen all the time during campaigning etc. I have to say though, Biden is anything but a Foreign Policy "expert".

join