It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EG&G Credit Union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I used to be a member of the EG&G credit union in the dark ages when you had to work for EG&G to be a member. However, it occurred to me that with the relaxed credit union rules, anyone can join. EG&G Credit Union got swallowed up by Community One unfortunately, so the name is no longer cool. But it seems anyone in Clark County can join. Granted, I can't swear you will meet spooks in the lobby.

Community One

The link above has a blurb about EG&G.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Lol, I might be taking a little looksy there.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My uncle works for EG&G in Palmdale California. He told me he helped develop the internet for military use in the 1970's. He's been in the Air Force since 1966. Has some kind of really high clearance. Just thought I'd point this out...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

The military started the internet, which was called the arpanet in the 70's. [There was ARPA, i.e. advanced research project agency, which has also been known as DARPA, where the D stands for defense. The name has gone back and forth over the years.] There was no web or browser back then. All you could do was transfer files (generally UUCP encoded) and send mail. You needed to know the complete path between your computer and the destination in order to send anything. The path was specified my naming each computer in the path. IIRC, the computer names were separated with "!", which was called bang. Tilde was called "twiddle." Trust me, those weren't the days.

Back to the credit union, someone told me that once you are a member, you are technically a member for life. However, I don't know if this is true once the credit union is sold.

join