It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I suck?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Okay, I really think that I have a problem...

Why wont girls give me the time of day?

Ive had girlfriends before but could never seem to find the "right" one for me, so needless to say all of my relationships pretty much ended in disaster...

Girls tell me Im good looking all the time (not being concieted) and sometimes I believe it, but most of the time I just feel ugly. If Im good looking, why wont girls strike up a convo with me (not counting MySpace)?

Im extremely awkward, shy and Im terrible at talking with strangers.

I dont drink or do drugs, so going to bars is pretty much pointless.

ARGHHHH!!! Im frustrated.

Anyway, what is my problem? I have a good personality, Im funny and smart. Im open minded and a great listener.

Ive pretty muich come to the conclusion that I suck in the eyes of women.

Thanks for listening (if you are).

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
'Im extremely awkward, shy and Im terrible at talking with strangers'
I think that would be it...
Radiate positivity and love and not just girls, but all people will be more attracted to you.
Not always easy to do I know but through meditation, and some reflective thinking it will get easier.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have no clue how to meditate correctly.

I can never clear my thoughts, theres always something popping up when I try.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BloodRedSky
Okay, I really think that I have a problem...

Im extremely awkward, shy and Im terrible at talking with strangers.

I dont drink or do drugs, so going to bars is pretty much pointless.

Well first off, how on earth are you expecting to meet people? If you dont know then you need to think of a good way. If you dont like drinking or drugs you can still go to the bar/clubs with your friends and meet people..... if you dont know what to do then just go and talk to random people. Thats what me and my friend do and we seem meet great people and now she is going out with one of them lol.

But yea, you probably havnt met any one yet because you are too shy. Not many people really like that, the girls I hang out with certainly dont. You need to get out more I think.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Eh, its not so much the going out part, its just that Im terrible at talking with strangers. Face to face at least, its easy here.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Don't worry I hate talking to strangers too. I tend to get bored too easily with people.

What types of places do you go to try and meet women?

People always say thet love will find you when you are not looking.
I think that is bullocks though.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o

People always say thet love will find you when you are not looking.
I think that is bullocks though.

They do? I thought that people said that love finds you when you least expect it. Meh, people probably say both.

DW BloodRedSky, it might take some time but eventualy you will find the right person for you.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

I love going to shows, but not really to meet women, just because I love the music.

I never have any specific places in mind to meet anyone, plus Im too shy to strike up a convo, my self esteem is shot and Im awkward...

I always think that Ill end up alone.

Depressing :/

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I myself am shy and awkward too.

You are probably just in a slump right now considering your last year has been pretty overpowering. I think we all have dry periods in our lives. Just when we are alone and feel like we can't do anything right.

We just have to chill out and enjoy the ride.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

I understand, but as you said about my last year, I had to dump all of my old friends (seeing as it would be disasterous if I didnt).

Now Im friendless. Which makes it a bit harder to meet girls.

I guess all in all Im very lonely right now. Im glad I escaped the life I was living, dont get me wrong, but Im still unhappy. I feel like Ive lost almost as much as Ive gained.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by BloodRedSky]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Is that you in your avatar? If it is and I was 40 years younger I would be after you like a cat chasing a mouse. You are a cutie.

There is a young lady somewhere that will find your shyness very attractive.

Be true to yourself. Your shyness is part of you.

The only thing you might work on is your smile. A warm smile can make a lot of difference in the way people connect with us.

My fair prince you will find your princess one day when you least expect it.

My very best wishes to you for a happy future. May your fondest dreams come true.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BloodRedSky
Eh, its not so much the going out part, its just that Im terrible at talking with strangers. Face to face at least, its easy here.

If it's easier to talk with people online, have you tried online dating? I know tons of people who have met bf/gf online and some who have even gotten married. I am married now but I think online dating is awesome.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Nah, never tried that. Dont really feel like shelling out the cash for it. Sometimes I have a little luck on MySpace, but I rarely go on anymore, kinda in a funk...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Haha, thank you.

And yes, its me, I think its a terrible pic but its the only one I got right now.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
one night many years ago i was at a nightclub, at this night club i saw this bloke with a really really hot drop dead gorgeous blonde, now this guy looked like a cyst on a monkeys ass and thats me being polite, now i couldnt work out how this bloke managed to score such a hottie so i was watching them for a fair bit of the night and the only thing that i could think of was it was his self-confidence, by the end of the night not only was he still with this hottie but had collected a congregation of other hotties around him, and i know he didnt know them at the start of the night because i watched him approach them and chat them all up it was crazy.

not sure if my conclusion was right as im not exactly oozing with self-confidence myself but it gives you something to think about

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BloodRedSky

Lavalife is 100% free. I believe plentyoffish.com is also free. eHarmony is pretty expensive but also pretty involved so at least you're getting something for your money.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
damn i like how you're all into going to shows for the music...

well its true shyness and stuff can be a turn off for some girls. OR could they mistake the quietness for cockyness? ive made the mistake a few times.. sometimes tho the shy ones have the best things to say wen they open up and cool chicks know this.... anyway just come to california yo.. hey but i dunno sounds like u had a lot goin on i need to know the full story to make an evaluation homie haha

and hey demandred maybe the guy was just super rich it trips me out how women will get with soemone just cuz they are hella rich.. i cant stand that and i see it ALL THE TIME

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Im going to try be helpful(hard for me).
Start small i reckon.If you go to the library talk to the librarian even if shes an old crone, when you go to the supermarket talk to the checkout operaters(try to pick the line with a half descent chick),when you go to the servo talk to the sheila pumping your gas, when you go to mcds talk to the girl serving you.Basically go where woman are paid to talk to you, dont be weird or say something stupid just try some general chitchat,they will nearly always smile and talk back(they kinda have too lol).Maybe in these safe enviroments you will get used to talking to random woman and develop a way of making convo naturally.Remember to look them in the face make eye contact but dont eyeball em dont look at your shoes or over their shoulder.Smile lots talk with them like they are a friend and be cheeky.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBadge

Yeah, music and (depending on the band) the pits. I

new topics

top topics

join