It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's investigation: Anarchists discussed kidnapping delegates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Sheriff's investigation: Anarchists discussed kidnapping delegates

www.twincities.com

A year ago, the Ramsey County sheriff's office began looking closely at a group called the Republican National Convention Welcoming Committee.

What it found, according to an 18-page search warrant application and affidavit, led to weekend raids on two Minneapolis homes and a temporary St. Paul office for the self-described anarchist group.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Looks to me these "protesters" were planning a little more than peaceful protesting.

* Kidnapping delegates
* Biological & chemical sprayers
* Molotov cocktails

Sounds more like domestic terrorism to me.

www.twincities.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What they claim to have known in order to get a warrant and what they found, if anything, at the premises to actually back up their claims may be a gulf apart.

The claim of evidence has, as always, come from people the authorities have infiltrated into the group, in other words, a hostile witness. What they don't say in the report is what, if any, real tangible evidence they have of intended wrongdoing or criminal activity above hearsay by these infiltrators.

It all looks, at this point, like a smear campaign to discredit any protestors. I'm sure if they had real evidence of intended kidnappings etc, the people would still be in jail, not released and able to walk away.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Well, as to everyone being released.

www.ajc.com...

A total of seven people were arrested in connection with the raids. Six are being held in the Ramsey County jail, a seventh has been released pending further investigation.

And as to evidence.

In addition to buckets of urine, investigators seized homemade devices used to disable buses and other vehicles, weapons, gas masks, flammable liquids and rags that could be used to make Molotov cocktails, computer storage devices, documents, pamphlets and banners.

Does this sound like materials for peaceful protesting?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
One such terrorist attack on the Connecticut delegates. They're even targeting the older members they know they can overpower easily.

Westporter Among GOP Delegates Attacked

Rea said the protesters targeted several elderly delegates including Fred K. Bieble, 83, former deputy chairman of the Republican National Committee.

Bieble was checked by doctors but did not require further medical attention.

As other delegates came to their assistance, the protesters sprayed them a liquid, which was believed to have been Clorox.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
reply to post by Britguy

In addition to buckets of urine, investigators seized homemade devices used to disable buses and other vehicles, weapons, gas masks, flammable liquids and rags that could be used to make Molotov cocktails, computer storage devices, documents, pamphlets and banners.

Anyone that owns a lawnmower probably has a can of gas and some rags. Should we arrest them too?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by keeb333]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread387709
And as to evidence.

Hahaha I laughed when I saw this. So they find:

1. A bucket of urine -worst case scenario it gets thrown on someone - not exactly a jailable offense

2. Flammable liquids and rags - what like a bottle of metho and the rag used to wipe the sink? Come on, that's circumstantial at best.

3. Weapons - such as? A drawer full of kitchen knives does not constitute weapons in this case.

4. Gas Masks - So they are diligent end-of-the-worlders so what?

All of the evidence is circumstantial until we see pictures or detailed descriptions of these so called 'dangerous' things.

[edit on 3/9/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

How often do you mow your carpets inside of an office building??? If you go to there web site and then JOIN the org, you get to see the real agenda of this Anarchist group. They are NOT the peacefull group they portend to be in they're website. They need bodies to be in the way while they cause havoc in the background. Look what they did last night. A peacefull march taking place and then the group splits off and causes all kinds of mayhem and ruins the intensions of the actual peace marchers. Its NOT party politics here we're talking about. Its the tear down of any and all that they have a problem with.

Zindo

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

1. A bucket of urine -worst case scenario it gets thrown on someone - not exactly a jailable offense

[edit on 3/9/2008 by Kryties]

Mixing urine (contains ammonia) with bleach creates chlorine gas and chloramines both of which are poisonous.

I found this out the hard way, in school the janitor had used bleach to clean the urinal's and didn't flush it afterward. I was heading towards the urinal when another guy in the next one started coughing and gas was forming. The guy turned around and could barely walk he was so dizzy so I pulled him out and got help. A professor explained what happened and a janitor was fired.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sareth

I see what you are saying yes, but I still believe that the evidence is circumstantial. The bucket of urine could have been a potty-chamber (a bucket for urination placed under the bed usually used by older people) or something similar. Without better clarification the evidence is circumstantial at best.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This isn't evidence, this is all circumstantial.

1: Buckets of urine, my grandparents back in England used to still use bedpans... I just got up and made the walk to the toilet... yuck.

2: homemade devices used to disable buses and other vehicles. MY HANDS can do that. You can deflate a tire with a small pebble, or pop it with anything sharp.

3: weapons, Yeah, I have kitchen knives too... I even have a cleaver.

4: gas masks, Point of interest boys and girls... when you want to sterilize your bathroom, it never hurts to go overboard... so long as your wearing a gas mask. lol... maybe the toilet was too dirty, hence the buckets... haha.

5: flammable liquids and rags that could be used to make Molotov cocktails, holy geez, my place is crammed full of this stuff... Lets see, just about all of these cleaning products will burn nicely... got lighter fluid, extra kerosene for my lantern... and a whole load of empty wine bottles (I bottle it myself). As for rags... well, technically what I'm wearing is sufficient.

6: computer storage devices, OH NOES! There's buckets at teh end of mah internets tubes!

7: documents, pamphlets and banners. Wait... how can this even remotely be viewed as bad?... whatever.

So, using the logic of these investigators, I'm going to mount a mock case against myself... I'm innocent, but this is how they could find me guilty.

-I already mentioned the materials necessary to make Molotov Cocktails... everyone has them. EVERYONE.
-Aside from this, I have a copy of the Anarchists Cookbook... no, not because I use it, but because anything they attempt to ban, I will buy as a matter of principal.
-I have boxes and boxes of electronic components, I'm a Roboticist... essentially, anything I need to make a detonator is here... if I ever wanted to.
-I also have machining equipment worthy of machining home made guns... no, I've never done it, and no I don't want to. It's intended to machine parts for my creations.
-I still hold the means to make my own hydrogen... it needs some repair to make it airtight again, but I can make my own hydrogen... no, it can't be feasibly used as a weapon... but most juries just think of "Hindenburg" and freak out.
-I can, and have, made home-made tazers. Well, it wasn't intended to be a tazer, the intention was to watch electricity ark over a long distance... but in principal, it works the same way.
-I know how to make a flamethrower, I possess everything I would need to construct one, would I want to? Pffft no, WAY too dangerous. I hate working around combustibles.
-I can make rockets... for what it's worth. And launching platforms... if I felt like it. Warheads, should I feel inclined...

... but you know what? I DON'T FEEL INCLINED. That's the difference! Everything I have is for peaceful purposes only, but it CAN be used to make some VERY destructive things.
I would never intentionally make anything that was intended to do harm. I'm a big believer in the 3 laws of robotics, enough so that I make it a bit of a motto for myself.
Kind of like a Hippocratic oath. Only, I will not make anything intended to be used for harm.

... but they could certainly mount one heck of a case against me, even though I'm innocent.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Thank you, Johnsky for bringing logic and reason to this discussion. The police acting in a reactionary manner to the purported "threat" of disruption at the RNC is totally bogus, as you pointed out similar cases could be made against any number of people who have these things lying around. Where is the evidence of any malicious intent on the part of these protesters? Every single item seized, even when considered all together, is nothing more than ordinary household items that could possibly have a dual use. No intent has been shown, and so far it does not appear that any of the charges will stand up to judicial scrutiny.

I hope the protesters sue the pants off the cops and the feds that instigated and carried out the raids!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone is familiar with the show Democracy Now on free speech tv channel, but three journalists including Amy Goodman, two of the arrests were filmed and shown on the show, link at the bottom of this paragraph. Their arrests clearly shown on video, show they were arresting everyone in their path IMO.

A female producer who worked at Democracy Now ans was filming the police was arrested and in the process they bloodied her nose. Amy Goodman asked a police officer a question and was arrested. They were not the only journalists arrested.

www.democracynow.org...

Here is more info on the raids of the homes, you might want to realize, that, War not Bombs (veegans who feed people and were some of the first folks to provide help when Katrina hit) organization was targeted, also. Lord help us all, I did not know I was a criminal, I have canned veggies and frozen veggies in the fridge. I also have some cleaning rags and knives and some junk computer stuff. LOL

BTW you can watch these shows at the website or you can read the transcripts of the show. Amy Goodman being arrested was the most watched video on you tube yesterday.

www.democracynow.org...

The sheriff called them "criminal anarchists who are intent on committing criminal acts before and during the Republican National Convention.”

The raids and detentions have targeted activists planning to protest the Republican National Convention, as well as journalists and videographers documenting police actions at protests. Groups directly affected by the raids include Food Not Bombs, the RNC Welcoming Committee, I-Witness Video and Communities United Against Police Brutality.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by goose]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

Unbelievable that they target the media who are filming them too. If they wish to have the public think they are doing the right thing, one would not expect them to arrest the people attempting to film them 'doing the right thing' would they?

Next thing you know the police will be saying it's because they suspected the camera's used to film them were actually nuclear missile launchers.....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My god. This is a blatant disregard for freedoms.

One of the press who were there, before being tackled and arrested, had his press pass pulled off his neck, and was told "You won't be needing this".

So, if you have identification clearly stating you have the right to be there, they will just rip it off you and proceed to tackle you and arrest you anyways.

What gets me is, most of those riot police, WEREN'T POLICE. They had no badge numbers, and weren't required to provide proof of authority.

Not to mention, they totally disregarded the fact that those people were press. They had clear press tags on, and even shouted that they were in the press... but they were tackled and arrested anyways.

Peaceful people got pepper sprayed, tackled, etc.

This is just plain wrong.
Thank god I don't live in YOUR country.
Do yourselves a favor, move to a free country.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Do yourselves a favor, move to a free country.

Where exactly is this "free country" you speak of? I used to believe that it was the USA, until the government started stripping us of our freedoms, one by one.

When England and other European countries were found to be too oppressive, our forefathers settled America as a land of freedom and opportunity. Now, there is no place left to go! There are no unclaimed tracts of land in the world suitable for habitation and development that are not already inhabited.

So, where the hell are all the people who "just want to be left alone" supposed to go to get away from the oppressors? Because, believe me, if I could just up and move my family to another country where I could live and work as I pleased, I would in a heartbeat.

Instead, we find ourselves penned in and subject to an increasingly oppressive corporate government with little or no regard for the rights and dignity of the average citizen. Forget the American Dream, welcome to The Amerikan Nightmare!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by keeb333]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Britguy

Well, as to everyone being released.

www.ajc.com...

A total of seven people were arrested in connection with the raids. Six are being held in the Ramsey County jail, a seventh has been released pending further investigation.

And as to evidence.

Besides the "buckets of urine", I'm sure that everything else on that list can be found in just about ANYONE'S home. After all, a bunch of nails in a coffee can can "disable buses and other vehicles".

"What about a gas mask?", some would ask. Given the proclivity of new air-born diseases to try and reach epidemic proportions (SARS, Avian Flu, etc.), one would be an idiot to NOT have an NBC mask handy.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Clear case of home grown terrorists. They need to get what they deserve. Attacking 80 year old people as prime targets is dispicable and anyone who defends these brownshirt upstarts are just as bad.
Good insight into their tactics too. The casual protestor is used only for a screen and cover for the commission of their terrorist acts. This stuff is not protected in any way by the constitution. Kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap is not an inalienable right, it is a federal crime.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
And don't forget that it was only five years ago every household was supposed to get a gas mask if possible for each person since we were supposed to be very afraid a chemical attack, and also plastic sheeting and duct tape.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by goose]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

With that list you got there of potential weapons to cause harm everybody in America's homes is a nest of potentially harmful weapons (as per police views) to cause harm to others.

So actually going into people's home to find anything that can "smell, look and be linked to weapons" is nothing than a witch hunt.

And it has agenda all over.

Until the police specify what in the heck they tag as "weapons" we all screw.

The Police state is looking more and more like the enemy of its citizens, intimidation in grand scale.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

join