It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirror Sphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what it would look like if you were to stand inside a sphere that was made of entirely mirrors. I can't really picture what it would look like. Tell me what you think it would look like if you were to stand inside one. Thank you!!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
ok, I'm gonna make an assumption is that there is a light source located roughly where the person's eyes would be and that the person's eyes would be at the center of the sphere.

Ok, if the sphere is made of flat mirrors (Sorta like a inside out disco ball) then you would look straight forwards and see yourself as pe normal but looking just off to the side of straight forwards you'd see a reflection of the backof your head. (Mirror in front reflects to mirror in the rear which shows the back of your head.) It would be a sorta fly eye view of yourself looking from Front, back, and all sides depending on where you look.

Assuming a smooth surface you would have a funhouse mirror effect. You would see yourself up front and then a distorted image of you from all sides including your backside.

just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
You would go insane completely insane.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

...ask Lordinfamous, he should know!

No...I am thinking it would make you look curved into a ball, and blurred/distorted...kinda like a funhouse mirror, or just a bunch of mixed colors with one solid mirror, using many like a kaleidescope!
...if there is no light source I would assume you would'nt see anything though!
...if with a light, the reflection could be so bright you might not be able to see yourself, just an intense brightness, maybe?

This says if you add a really bright light in the sphere it is likely explode...hmmm!

www.skytopia.com...

[edit on 9/3/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Wait how would you get in there in the first place?Would you be naked?Is the mirrorball suspended from something or just rolling around on the ground?Is it reinforced glass or might it shatter?
I need to know all these questions so i can enter these parameters in to my computron.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Look into a spoon, you would be disstorted and probably upside down.
You just have to think about any trip you ever had into a hall of mirrors.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Good point it would be very interesting to see but also freaky?
N3RDz

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Haha, yea, there would have to be a light source and the mirror wouldn't shatter.. but it seems that the the funhouse mirror type affect would be likely. Although you have to remember that it is perfectly round and can you really comprehend what the shape would look like? What if you could somehow light it and not have the actual light source inside the sphere... with no observers inside what would it look like? Could that be what absolute nothing looks like?

new topics

top topics

join