It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

only tru believers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallova
history is all *snip* man if u werent there then u wont know what really happend and i was useing the 'mayans' and 'egyptians' as an exampe,in my opinion "read alot tack,it all in,but dont believe it,unless uv seen it"
:p

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

Thats us historians brought down a peg or two

i didnt learn that *snip* in "school" school is there just to brain wash people so that when some one finds out the truth every one will just think theyr crazy!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
see what i mean, most of u r already warped by the 'lies' the govnment has given out and so u cant believe it without evidence all because its 'impossible' for it to happen! like if i said 'i traveled through time' "duh, do u have evidence" 'no' "then u didnt" see, just like with einstien and his creations,every one thought he was crazy,yet... it all worked!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Actually, Einstein was heralded as a genius when he was alive and still is to this day. I don't think too many people thought he was crazy. Maybe some that were IGNORANT of anything scientific and didn't understand may have thought his ideas outlandish and foolish, but he was and is a genius.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallova

f'..in look at world war 1-2 man good luck telling your grand parents/grand child it didn't happen..........
and i think i need more evidence than that....

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

, just like with einstien and his creations,every one thought he was crazy,yet... it all worked!

I dont pipe up all that often but feel I must throw in my two cents. Not trying to belittle you here but Einsteins theory (E=mc2) was proven on 06-aug-1945.

All that we are asking is that you show us your evidence. Picture, video what have you. Show us what you see.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

see what i mean, most of u r already warped by the 'lies' the govnment has given out and so u cant believe it without evidence all because its 'impossible' for it to happen! like if i said 'i traveled through time' "duh, do u have evidence" 'no' "then u didnt" see, just like with einstien and his creations,every one thought he was crazy,yet... it all worked!

Almost nobody thought he was crazy. He was a celebrity and household name when he was alive, just like today. He was the talk of the scientific world from his first published journal article until his death.

The fact that you can't get even commonly known historical facts right doesn't help your credibility here. We'll be standing by waiting for decent sources for your OP.

And for god's sake, say "You" instead of "u", "Are" instead of "r" and "Your", or when applicable, "You're" instead of "ur". Text-speak is annoying. Unless you're writing this from a cellphone keypad, you've got no good reason to write like that. Try and put some effort into capitalizing your "I"s when they're being used as pronouns.

And furthermore, To your point, this is the internet. Anyone can claim anything. The difference between this and your scenario is that Einstein was extensively educated and had brilliantly formatted and published math that anyone could look over, while you are some nameless, faceless, anonymous high school dropout posting on a webforum for alternative views, without any evidence whatsoever.

we'll need a bit more than just your word on this.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Kid,might I suggest you get back in school.Your ignorance shines brightly in the way you use grammer(proper English). Add to your credabilaty and get an education.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallova

itsallova, I'm also going to encourage you to do a few things.

First, track down some evidence that, when seen by people who are not jaded by the junk that schools and the government tell us, will validate your claims. If you were to go to court and share what you've told us, they would not buy a bit of it unless you give evidence. Why should we approach your statements any differently? By telling us that your claims are true and if we don't believe you we're ignorant, it's not any different than someone sitting down in front of the television and believing, without a second thought, everything that Fox News spews out. Trust me, if you can back up your case, you will gain a lot of favor on this forum. If not, then you'll continue to be viewed as someone who is just spouting rubbish. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's just the way it is.

Second, and this is not an attack on you, it would be of great benefit for yourself if you did work on improving your spelling, grammar, and general presentation skills. There is an aspect of respect that comes with conveying thoughts and information in an intelligent way. Again, that's just the way the world works. Someone who writes, "There was a second shooter at the JFK assassination!" is going to be much more well received than the person who writes, "there waz 2 shooters that killd JFK!!1 y do u not beleve wat i am telling u???"

Third, please reconsider your view of history. Without history I'd still be following a religion that I now feel confident is the product of men, not a god. Without history we would have no idea where we, humans, came from in terms of heritage, religion, science, etc. Without history our race would have very little to look back on and learn from. History is a very valuable source of knowledge and lessons learned. Don't dismiss it simply because they teach it in school or because you don't like it. Hopefully some day you'll see the value in it. But if, right now, you don't enjoy history, that's fine. You should still give it the respect it deserves though.

And lastly, try to be less hostile. Not everyone here is going to jump on board with your statements and automatically agree with you. There are people who read these forums who have spent years, and even have careers in working with information that is relevant to what you're posting about. Just because you get a response that is not in agreement with you doesn't mean they're getting on your case or that you're completely wrong. It just means that someone else knows something that differs from what you've stated. Rather than getting upset, try to approach their argument with the intent of trying to gain more understanding and knowledge. That way you'll benefit from it instead of coming off as someone who is not willing to consider that other opinions and statements could actually be true.

I hope I didn't seem as though I was attacking you. I'm not. You're a young person who has the benefit of being aware that the world is not what the media and government would have us believe. That is a good thing! But you've come to a website that is visited by people of all ages, backgrounds, beliefs, and professions. That is why I hope you'll come to the understanding that a civil approach to posting and conversation goes a looooooong way in building knowledge and intelligence. Don't be discouraged by those who disagree with you, but also don't treat them like they don't know what they're talking about. Treat them like adults and you'll gain respect much more easily.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why do you people fall for this, every time? On the off chance of what?

Eggs and baccy.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

Well put, sir.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join