It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitches in the "Matrix"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've always considered myself quite a level headed guy, well untill recently that is. I'd been having some problems with depression for quite some time and finally gave into the idea of trying out anti-depressants. I must say that I still feel like the same ole bloke I've always been, but with a sudden new awareness. Now apparantly this new awareness isnt something out of the ordinary when starting on "happy-pills", some patients have actually flipped out due this awareness...

Where my story starts, is when I was rather young, about 4-7 in the early 1980's . I used to have this feeling that I lived in a world where I was the only one being watched, and everyone else were mere props (I suppose the Truman show would best describe how i felt). I had numerous weird experiences as a kid..from the paranormal (which i wasn't the only one witnessing) to predictions (that all came true) to willing things with my mind (Again telling ppl around me that something would happen and it did) to only mention a few. As time went by, I suppose I became less sensitive to these things and started accepting my surroundings as real and odd feelings as mere paranoia!

I got to a stage where I accpted all we are taught, space, time, earth and even the undenaible correctness of main stream media. I suppose the only thing I couldnt get my head around was religion. But a faint belief in the paranormal as some of my unexplained experiences were shared by others around me.

More recently I've experienced lost time, gained time...strange coincidences, prophetic dreams, major paranormal experiences. At first I thought I just well might be crazy...but then started reading other peoples experiences (The net is a great place!!)....and there are always such close detail parallels, that I am starting to doubt anything and everything. To the extent where I'm back to entertaining the idea of a possible matrix.

My motivation for this thread, is to hear from others, and their experiences, which they reckon could have been matrix glitches. Also theories on the matrix and to what extent our surroundings and nature could be part of that matrix. Also to hear from anyone that has started taking anti depressants and might feel the same way.

I have quite a few experiences and could probably write a book on them all lol, but will post some here from time to time! If you reckon im just plain crazy, thats fine too! I am always open to constructive criticism.

Hope to hear from you soon!!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

Well, I reckon you're just too darn coherent to be crazy.

Ya know, I suspect sometimes that more people believe they're living in their 'own little world' (matrix) that is ever acknowledged. Seems to me that, like the wise Douglas Adams said, this is an epistemologically uncertain Universe. No way to prove that the way you're viewing the world is the 'correct' one.

Philosophically, I suppose it's never possible to 'close the door' on solipsism -- the possibility that you're the only 'actual' person, and everything else is an illusion. But, who want to be alone all the time? I guess the trick is to realize that life can be lived, worthwhile without an unambiguous logical foundation.

Keep talking!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I walked into my local taco shop with my friend and EVERYTHING and EVERYONE froze for a split second.. It was literally a millisecond, but I defiantly noticed it. So, I turn and asked my friend if he had just seen anything weird, and he said. "everything just stopped." I'm telling you it was like in the movie Click with Adam Sander...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

destiny seems to have brought me to this site.i am a telepath and experienced all and more of the things you described as a youngster.my son went through great trauma as a child and consequently has a 'sikime[turkish cypriot slang word for 'who gives a #!] ha has powerful emotions but will not accept psychic abilities inherited from my side.thank you,,kostas berou,,cyprus

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hi, all, Long time lurker and rare poster hence the Anonymous posts.

Although open minded to any kind of perceptual awareness. something you might wanna consider looking into and perhaps treating (I say that because you mentioned a problem with depression). is a sympton called

hypervigalence.

Although most commonly associated with PTSD, a little research will show it can occur without suffering from PTSD.

I offer that tid bit because i ran into similar effects as well, feeling as if i was able to read people allot better, and read into a situation or some type of awareness I felt couldn't quite be explained without some paranormal equivalent.

I am a PTSD with associated Hypervigilance and Psychosomatic(meaning when stressed my body reacts physically)

Hypervigalence gives your an almost heightened sense of your surrounds and puts you into and overdrive sense, and your aware of your surroundings allot more.

Just thought i would share that with you.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Wow! Thanks :-) I'll be sure to look it up... sounds quite interesting!!

new topics

top topics

join