It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars: Alien shape on Victoria Crater wall?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hi, while looking for something else on this part of rock, one of the "walls" on Victoria Crater, MARS, something caught my eyes. I did a few edits on it to show & isolate what I saw.
Is it an alien shape or just shapes that are parts of the rocks?
Does it cast (a) shadow(s)?
Is it with long "legs", or short "legs" with a cast shadow from the "feet"?

Could anyone try edits too, in lights etc, to show it differently? I'm waiting for a new edit program and the one I have is just basic. It would be much appreciated!

Here they are:

Original rock on Victoria Crater:
---------------------------------------

Edits in lights etc , MagsEdits:

And, smashing super board, congratulations to the owner + team.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by MarsFanMag]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I was going to post something sarcastic....But then again you could be onto something here.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jibbs
I was going to post something sarcastic....But then again you could be onto something here.

Free to you to post satiricals!

I wonder, that 's why I ventured. Best asking around! Perhaps someone will come out with similar pics, or parts of, we already have these faces, statues, even a 'humanoid statue' (or "rock" as Nasa replied, AH AH, yeah right, perhaps that one is from Egypt next to the pyramids...I mean the highly discussed 'dark' 'statuette' on a sort of pedestal, 'pointing' with its 'arm')

TC

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
To be frank it does no look like an alien fossil to me at all, it looks as if the rock has been eroded and that part of the rock has collapsed downward along with the water leaving that kind of formation.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
isn't that a grey alien shaped rock?

LOL

jk it's a curious picture

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wouldn't it only be a few inches long? I think that area is actually pretty small.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It looks like an alien love doll got deflated. Then maybe the wind carried it onto the cliff face.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMag
Hi, while looking for something else on this part of rock, one of the "walls" on Victoria Crater, MARS, something caught my eyes. I did a few edits on it to show & isolate what I saw.
Is it an alien shape or just shapes that are parts of the rocks?
Does it cast (a) shadow(s)?
Is it with long "legs", or short "legs" with a cast shadow from the "feet"?

Could anyone try edits too, in lights etc, to show it differently? I'm waiting for a new edit program and the one I have is just basic. It would be much appreciated!

Here they are:

HI, MarsFanMag:

The "Rock" is a formation, a promontory, dubbed Cape St. Mary , and this specific shot was taken from Cape Verde:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

For example, PIA09085 covers it, but your specific crop should come most likely from PIA10211, acquired by Opportunity Panoramic Camera on sol on SOL 1213 (June 23, 2007):
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

this is the area in question, the angle of view is the same:

Cape St. Mary
12/26/07

Another of the best examples of spectacular cross-bedding in Victoria crater are the outcrops at Cape St. Mary, which is an approximately 15 m (45 foot) high promontory located along the western rim of Victoria crater and near the beginning of the rover's traverse around the rim. Like the Cape St. Vincent images, these Pancam super-resolution images have allowed scientists to discern that the rocks at Victoria Crater once represented a large dune field that migrated across this region.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

I honestly don't know what exactly you mean for alien shape: if you mean that it's a shape whatsoever but since is located in Mars is alien, then i agree, of course is NOT terrestrial: if you mean something else, then i honestly have no clue what exactly you are trying to say
To me, it looks like an eroded martian promontory, and if i'd put some efforts then i'd able to spot many other shapes, as it happens with the clouds

Thanks for sharing

Edit to add Victoria crater's traverse map

[edit on 1/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
where is the link to the original raw photo ?

it's kinda of important imo

dang internos !!! you did it again

thanks for that link

[edit on 1-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Originally posted by MarsFanMag
--CUT--

HI, MarsFanMag:

The "Rock" is a formation, a promontory, dubbed Cape St. Mary , and this specific shot was taken from Cape Verde:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

For example, PIA09085 covers it, but your specific crop should come most likely from PIA10211, acquired by Opportunity Panoramic Camera on sol on SOL 1213 (June 23, 2007):
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

this is the area in question, the angle of view is the same:

Cape St. Mary
12/26/07

Another of the best examples of spectacular cross-bedding in Victoria crater are the outcrops at Cape St. Mary, which is an approximately 15 m (45 foot) high promontory located along the western rim of Victoria crater and near the beginning of the rover's traverse around the rim. Like the Cape St. Vincent images, these Pancam super-resolution images have allowed scientists to discern that the rocks at Victoria Crater once represented a large dune field that migrated across this region.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

I honestly don't know what exactly you mean for alien shape: if you mean that it's a shape whatsoever but since is located in Mars is alien, then i agree, of course is NOT terrestrial: if you mean something else, then i honestly have no clue what exactly you are trying to say
To me, it looks like an eroded martian promontory, and if i'd put some efforts then i'd able to spot many other shapes, as it happens with the clouds

Thanks for sharing

Edit to add Victoria crater's traverse map

[edit on 1/9/2008 by internos]

Hi Internos, pleased to e-meet you and sorry for my delay in answering, it was late last night for me. Thank you very much for your 2 photos and the links.
I don't keep links with my photos as I don't keep a file on Mars, just photo albums, I wish I had more time and PC-room to do all this, yet TheLivingMoon files & other places do this really fine, so big thanx to All dedicated People who do keep these precious blogs and files.

I find you first photo really useful for geography and dates on Victoria Crater Walls.

Your second photo is so great too because it shows a different angle and indeed it shows that the angle I was working from gave this optic illusion of a shape.

I have highlighted the spot:

from your photo

From the pic I showed:

This is from the original I provided, in the light of the angle you gave it is indeed a mark in the rock (colour/erosion/ fragment fallen off/ etc) and the outline of this rock-shape that gives the illusion from the first angle I was looking at.

Ah ah, conclusion: ALWAYS look at everything via different angles!TRUE!

I'm glad I've asked on this forum as many of you are used to compare photos. At least I got a decent reply from you Internos, which I pleasantly notice.

Thank you!

I'll use this thread to submit something else, to ask for your views if you don't mind, I have to check other thread for it, we are at least two members who spotted it, hope you will have a look later?

For now, i've thought of my vid to take a short-cut:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ok so i am a new poster on this particular site, although i am a long time reader.
I have been postponing putting forward post's here as they can get drowned out in non factual conspiracy theories.

Let me start by voicing my protest against Google Earth communitites as i was just banned from posting there two days ago. Although i had been posting relevant Mars topics for over 2 months they finally shut me down. I had copped alot of critism from regulars on there and the usual debunk replies. I could tell there was alot of agression coming from that site, and finally 2 days ago that banned me and i cannot even access the site now, so i guess they banned my IP

I had various post's regarding Mars, true colour, the blueberry issue, Victoria crater, the moving object from Sol 1833-1846 ( spirit rover ) and many more. My post's clocked more views than the mundane post's that often appear there regarding lava flows or volcanic rocks, but the moderators hated me.
In the end it was the main Admin that banned me.

I will begin this post with Victoria Crater and that i truly beleive that 60-80% of that crater wall is fake or artificial. I also some pics to post that i hope will be of interest to people. I always say keep it objective and i do just that, i respect the opinion of skeptics but they lack the same courtesy.
I let the photos speak and add my take on it but please make your own assumptions on the photographic evidence.

Ok so first i have the cave in Victoria crater as you see below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc6a66173d11.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad7adfcac049.jpg[/atsimg]

Now to me this appears to be an entrace to cave or cavity, whether this is natural or not is debatable. I would also like to draw your attention to the area above the cave or the roof. My impression of this area is that it could be a fake roof and what to me seems like tightly streched camo or shade clothe, as you can see on the interior of the cavity it has what appears to be a different light source then the light entering the mouth of the cave.

Any thoughts on this?

Also now i have some more pics of other areas around Vic Crater, annyone say Grey?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/837aa787d0ba.jpg[/atsimg]

Also you will notice in the next series of pics, these are raw images from the NASA/JPL website and as you can see there is an area above Cape St Vincent and is from approx Sol 1167. The area above cape st vincent seems to have a censored area, now if this were in one image it may be explained by imagery error etc, however the same area is blurred in all relevant photos of that area. Now i have seen to many naturally blurry rocks lately... have you?
Also even know the area is blurred it kinda resembles a face but i will leave that upto you to decide:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b47864387d5c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/191491beeaa0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c86d3d704618.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca3ee4a84826.jpg[/atsimg]

And lastly for now one other area around Vic crater i thought looked intersting:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6975f0bd3131.jpg[/atsimg]

Now i am unsure if the above media has already been posted as there are an immence number of post's to sift through but please enjoy.

Regards,

Havick007

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ok i just realised my pics were auto cropped - anyone know how to avoid or reduce this?

Should i crop them myself before upload?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

To me it looks as if its eroding!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Further to my comments above in regard to Victoria Crater being artificial.

Now to begin i heard awhile in an interview with Richrad Hoagland that Dr Joseph A Resnick actually owns 70% of the mineral rights on the Moon and other local bodies in the solar system. With some further research into this man i actually found that he runs the website that lease's the mineral rights as well. But more importantly is the other work he is currently doing for the Dept of Defence. His company is developing a new and special type of digital camolage system.

The site for the monerla leasing is: www.umlr.us...

and the site for his comapny regarding the camplage system is: www.hyperstealth.com...

I actually emailed the site admin/ sales team with an interesting question. I will copy the email and reply below ( although for privacy i will omite the name and email ) however the contact email for the site is available on their website. I would rater not have any privacy issues to deal with.

Email below:

----- Original Message -----
To: James
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:24 AM
Subject: Re: Landscape Camouflage Applications.

Since Mars, as far as I know, is made up of natural objects then there is no reason to camouflage. However, if there were an artificial object that required concealment, yes we could do something, but I'm not flying there to do it in person!

Sincerely,
( name omitted )

James wrote:
Hello Admin,

I have a simple and direct question.

Can your hyper stealth camouflage technology be used on the landscape of Mars to make objects appear as natural formations and undetectable to photographic or first person perspective?

Please i must emphasize this is a genuine question and i ask this in all seriousness.

King Regards,

James.

I find this very intersting, the fact that this man tha started the company is question was a NASA scientist for 20+ yrs.

All this info is available online, please check if you doubt anything i have written.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Freq Of Nature

Which part?

oh as i said alot of pics were auto cropped when i submitted my post, i have pics uploaded in the media section of my account, if possible have a look, you will see the full pics.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ok so my original crop didnt work as well, apologies all as i am still new to ATS.

I will host it from Picasa, hope it shows the full image this time.

Thank all and enjoy.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Havick007]

top topics

join