It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver orb near miss!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Was sat outside with a cup of tea and the new camera, and sadly didn't have the zoom lens attached. I saw over the tree line in a clear blue sky a silver orb, about 6 feet across, just sat there.

I raised the camera and it started to move off leaving a ever so slight vapour trail.

As it sped up it passed just beneath this passenger jet leaving a more distinct trail, and then it just blinked out.

I have the full file with all exif data attached if any image folks want to have it. I have only one shot, as I was desperatly trying to get the zoom lens attached to get a better shot of it.

Daniel.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I took the pic into lightroom, and cropped it. This way unlike irfranview, you get the exif data.

Daniel.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I was about ready to name that planet, but you stated it was moving. Not knowing the location of this pick makes it that much more difficult; and getting to the bottom of it will probably never happen... unfortunately! In any case, way to go with the new camera and what you caught on it. Wouldn't it be great if someone in the airplane snapped a shot... having been closer to the object perhaps? If this wasn't moving, I would have guessed Venus right off the bat and perhaps the clouds made it look as though it was moving... possibly disappearing behind a cloud. If it was a UFO, well then shame on them for leaving me here... again! And your picture won't change my mind about UFO's... I know there out there. There is way too much proof and the STS Missions should be enough proof for most skeptics. Others won't believe anything until it lands on their head... thanks for the picture! Good luck with responces!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Im sorry, it was taken in Inverness, Scotland, looking south east.

And yes, I hope too that some one one board was looking out and got a better closer pic - that would be awesome.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
great timing!
its odd that the sphere leaves a vapor trail, what could it be powering it?
it it taking samples of the atmosphere?
or spraying something??

keep watching the sky!

[edit on 1-9-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
great timing!
its odd that the sphere leaves a vapor trail, what could it be powering it?
it it taking samples of the atmosphere?
or spraying something??

keep watching the sky!

[edit on 1-9-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

I am man - I got the big 300mm zoomie lens on it now - I am waiting....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This might be too big to put up as image, so here is the link:

link

A download and zoomed in look from the ATS member CYRAX
postings.

See the little alien face in the sky.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi Dan, I am in Glasgow, Scotland and saw a small bright silver orb here last night. It was about 7 pm when I was walking back from shopping and as I turned into my street my eye caught sight of a really bright silver ball in the sky. It had been raining earlier and there was a very dark rain cloud behind this orb, with the low sun reflecting off it's ( metallic ? ) surface. I watched as it slowly moved in a north south direction, then after several seconds it just vanished. Curiously, a small round-shaped rainbow coloured patch then appeared in the cloud at the point where the orb disappeared. I just wondered what time you saw what you did ?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It was about 17:10 - 17:20 time.. It was sat in the south east sky, and moved off up and vanished.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was also looking east as it travelled north - south or my left to right. 5pm in Inverness and 7pm in Glasgow, that does seem to fit in quite well, though not moving very fast. As I thought over my sighting it occurred to me that this ' orb ' realised that it was very exposed against the dark cloud background and winked out. I am also curious about the rainbow coloured pattern where this orb vanished. Did you perhaps see anything similar ?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Not when it vanished, but i did see some spectacular rainbow effects in the skies as a whole afterwards and into the evening.

I will look at the pics later and pull out any that stand out.

new topics

top topics

join