It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Jersy Devil.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm sure most of you have heard of The New Jersey Devil, correct?
Well, I was wondering couple of things. Have any of you acctually seen the New Jersey Devil, heard it or know anyone who has heard, or seen it. I want to be a NJ Devil Hunter as soon as I can get a car.

Thanks for all of your stories.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I've never personally seen it before, but there was this one "The New Adventures of Johnny Quest" where they found it. That show is LONG gone, but that episode was real cool. The Jersey Devil was really a demon child of people who had the original Declaration of Independence. Now that I think about it, it was really weird and had almost nothing to do with the Jersey Devil.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Lived in NJ for 28 years and have never heard any claims about seeing it.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A few years ago when i used to live in new jersey alot o kids in my class would talk about someone thye know about seeing it. I never saw it or heard it before.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
When I visited jersey years ago, I thought that I had saw a giant bird, hearing wings flap, but to me, I honestly think that it was my imagination taking flight.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have heard the new jersey devil described like this. Wings of a bat, face of a horse, horns of a goat. I forgot how the rest of it's body was shaped like. I have a book on paranormal stuff in new jersey and it is in there so i should find it.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well i've lived in jersey all of my life. North west to central east. Been in the fabled Pine Barrens where the devil dates back to.... Me personally, doesnt think it exists, the screams however do.... Say hello to Bigfoot

and no, im not kidding

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Lived in NJ for 28 years and have never heard any claims about seeing it.

I've been here for 23 years, and I haven't heard a thing either. You all should check out:

www.weirdnj.com...

This is the ONLY place I've even remotely heard of NJ Devil stories-- it's a NJ magazine thats notorious 'round these parts.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I remeber watching a show about a year ago which said something about a baby was born but was born with horns and everything so the mother disabanded it and that it became the devil. They have apparently found the house which burnt down a while ago.

EDIT: here i found this formt he link provided

"Legend has it that in 1735, a Pines resident known as Mother Leeds found herself pregnant for the thirteenth time. (Leeds is the name of one of New Jersey�s earliest settlers, and many descendants of the Leeds family can still be found throughout NJ to this day.) Mother Leeds was not living a wealthy lifestyle by any means. Her husband was a drunkard who made few efforts to provide for his wife and twelve children. Reaching the point of absolute exasperation upon learning of her thirteenth child�s forthcoming, she raised her hands to the heavens and proclaimed �Let this one be a devil!�
She went into labor a few months later, on a tumultuously stormy night, no longer mindful of the curse she had utter previously regarding her unborn child. Her children and husband huddled together in one room of their Leeds� Point home while local midwives gathered to deliver the baby in another. By all accounts the birth went routinely, and the thirteenth Leeds child was a seemingly normal baby boy.

Within minutes however, Mother Leeds� unholy wish of months before began to come to fruition. The baby started to change, and metamorphosed right before her very eyes. Within moments it transformed from a beautiful newborn baby into a hideous creature unlike anything the world had ever seen.

The wailing infant began growing at an incredible rate. It sprouted horns from the top of its head and talon-like claws tore through the tips of its fingers. Leathery bat-like wings unfurled from its back, and hair and feathers sprouted all over the child�s body. Its eyes began glowing bright red as they grew larger in the monster�s gnarled and snarling face. The creature savagely attacked its own mother, killing her, then turned its attention to the rest of the horrified onlookers who witnessed its tempestuous transformation. It flew at them, clawing and biting, voicing unearthly shrieks the entire time. It tore the midwives limb from limb, maiming some and killing others.

The monster then knocked down the door to the next room where its own father and siblings cowered in fear and attacked them all, killing as many as it could. Those who survived to tell the tale then watched in horror as the rotten beast sprinted to the chimney and flew up it, destroying it on the way and leaving a pile of rubble in its wake. The creature then made good its escape into the darkness and desolation of the Pines, where it has lived ever since. To this day the creature, known varyingly as the Leeds Devil and the Jersey Devil, claims the Pines as its own, and terrorizes any who are unfortunate enough to encounter it."

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Lord Of The Strings]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I saw it plenty of times dancing up and down the rows and Continental Arena

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You know, I've lived in New Jersey all my life, in the same house, and I never once seen or heard this creature...of course, I live in Union County, up north, away from the Pine Barrens.

But I've heard all about the Devil, they teach it to us in grade school.

And as far as I know there hasn't been any major mass panic-type sightings since some time in 1910.

Well then theres that supposed photo of a dead cow hanging from a telephone wire...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I have a friend thats from NJ, he has never heard of the Devil or dosent even know where the pine barrens are... He never got out too often. All I know is he lived somewhere the giants football stadium. Here, I thought everyone knew about the Devil. He's the only cryptid I seriously am interested in.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There's a Monster Quest episode on the Jersey Devil tonight (on the History Channel for those who don't know)

I think it comes on at ...well, already aired I think.

Repeat should come on at 11 or something.

I live in Jersey, not far from the Pine Barrens!

So it's a little more exciting than most episodes.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydralisk58

The best part of Monster Quest was the eyewitness accounts. Footprints were taken of the beast in the snow on a rooftop after the incident. They were inconclusive, but the eyewitnesses did pass a lie detector test indicating they believe they saw something weird. The creature did behave like a horned owl, but the eyewitnesses state that it wasn't an owl. A sculptor made a creature from drawings of eyewitnesses, and they state he got it quite right. It does look like it could be some type of large unknown bat that has not been discovered yet. It also resembles the famed creature Mothman.

The Montauk Monster was discussed (some people claim it may have been a Jersey Devil), and the photographs were analyzed. The remains were likely that of a dog, either a boxer or a bulldog.

A search was conducted with no real results. The most intriguing part of this case is the eyewitness reports. Something weird is going on, and it could be a type of bat or other unknown creature.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I believe there are different animals being seen. The thing in the Monsterquest episode looked like a giant owl of some kind. The hammerhead bat looked like many of the old drawings. My brother and some friends in the mid 1970s saw a giant 20ft. tall beast walking on 2 feet. He said it looked like the Minitor, with a Bull's head. I think the only thing it could be is a Giant Ground Sloth. They get 18 ft. tall can walk on 2 feet and the head is shaped like a bull's head. They are nocturnal and are herbivores. They are supposed to be extinct. I believe the Michigan Dogman is a Shasta Ground Sloth.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Sargoth]

top topics

join