It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney's Georgia trip brings message to Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Cheney's Georgia trip brings message to Russia

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney, one of Moscow's harshest critics, will go to Georgia and other former Soviet states this week to reinforce U.S. support for allies in Russia's backyard.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Traveling to Azerbaijan , Georgia and Ukraine , Cheney is to build morale and offer reassurance of US commitment to the region after Russia crushed Geogia's military.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He's going to Italy too.

In Italy, Cheney will also meet other leaders, including Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, as well as address a forum in Lake Como entitled "Intelligence on the World, Europe and Italy," his office said.

(boston.com)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Maybe Italy will attack Russia next then?

What a coincidence that would be.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Did he bring his gun
Oh Crap Darth Cheney is going for the solo assault on Russia!

"Cheney: "You will crush the Russians and I will install Haliburton as your new slave masters er I mean Government and you will be protected by my elite death squads er I mean BlackWater"

[edit on 8/31/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
To me Russia is part of Europe and Russia is essential to Europe's security, I have no idea why any sane country would fear Russian aggression when it is the US and it's puppet goverments around the world that are seeking to destroy whomever they wish. Look at what happened to Pakistan after Pakistan supported the US...only idiotic leaders would listen to Cheney or the US. If the US wants support it has to change it's ways, the conflict in Georgia proved to the world that blindly following the US and Israel can get you into much trouble, what if Georgia was set up by the US and Israel so that they could test Russian responses? How is that going to make any leader feel?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbles75
To me Russia is part of Europe and Russia is essential to Europe's security, I have no idea why any sane country would fear Russian aggression when it is the US and it's puppet goverments around the world that are seeking to destroy whomever they wish. Look at what happened to Pakistan after Pakistan supported the US...only idiotic leaders would listen to Cheney or the US. If the US wants support it has to change it's ways, the conflict in Georgia proved to the world that blindly following the US and Israel can get you into much trouble, what if Georgia was set up by the US and Israel so that they could test Russian responses? How is that going to make any leader feel?

Oh this really gets old people bad us Reality is if the united states did exactly what you claim to want and just ignore the world stage. there would be nothing to prevent countries from doing what ever they w2ant to who ever they want. In reality the only reason georgia still exists right now is that the united states didnt back the russians and there not willing to go that far. Do you think the European union would even exist if the us had not protected europe after the war? lets take a look at afganistan 1st the united states didnt invade Afganistan if we had we would have the same problem the Russians did and would be getting are but kicked. The only reason we were there was to get terrorists and the government was overthrown by it own people not us. They were truly a repressive regime And we aided them in the overthrow but the troops were theres. In fact all we did was train and set up secure areas for them to operate from, suggest you check your history of the mess the soviet union left when they pulled out. and having served in iraq i will also say that the the average iraq citizen is gratefull for us being there and contrary to what youve heard from liberal media want us to stay to prevent ethnic wars.

So in conclusion Im not going to say the US doesnt make mistakes but there not an evil empire. so give it a rest .

join