It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nominations For The Outstanding Articles Category.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is where we praise and frame the best of the best of TinWiki.org articles. You can have a say by simply posting up which article you think deserves to be added in the Outstanding article category and tell us why you think it should be in there. TinWiki sysops will then vote on it and if the article gets more than 50% of the votes, it is in.

• The article can be any age, it does not have to be new.
  • The article can be edited by any number of people, it does not have to be a lone effort.
  • The article can be from any one of the categories, except the stub, fix and paste categories.
  • TinWiki sysops have the last say, if we say no then it is not going in -- but you are allowed to edit it and then resubmit it again.
  • You are only allowed to submit two nominations a week to be added to the outstanding category, but as aforementioned only one article a week will be added.

When nominating an article please provide the following, a working link to the article and a short paragraph about why it should be placed in the Outstanding category, its really that simple !

Fox -- TinWiki Sysop

[edit on 31-8-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
My Nomination: Alchemy

I am nominating this article for the outstanding banner because it shows how new and old editors can work together to create a great article. This article goes into great depth about Alchemy and does it in a way which we can all understand. I believe that the pictures and links are all well thought out and that the article is one of the best that we at TinWiki have to offer. I think the general format of the article is well planned and makes it easy to scroll down and find specific information, it has all been brought together at the top to create an easy to navigate table of contents.

Fox

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I would like to nominate the article Red Rain. It is a fascinating subject, even though I haven't heard of any test results in the last few years.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'd like to put the Creationism article out there. I thought that is was well written and to the point, I enjoyed reading it and found some great information in the links.

Rush

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So far we have three articles up for nomination, nominations end on Sunday and myself, William One Sac and optimist will announce the first entry on Monday (Or Tuesday)...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I really hope you meant next Sunday (the 7th of Sept.). otherwise sorry...

My vote goes for Hollow Moon...

Between the banding images floating out there (get it, floating...) and the towers that protrude through the surface several miles into the air (possibly indicative of something similar to a periscope), I feel this topic has not had enough exposure - at least to the average laymen out there.

The above articles are really good as well, so everyone is a winner!

Winner, winner - chicken dinner!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's a work in progress, but it holds promise as more work is done.

International Space Station
tinwiki.org...

The OP created a great article and as work is done this will become a great addition to tinWiki. Putting it on the front page will entice others to contribute to a very long and complex page.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My 2nd Nomination -- Hercules and the 12 labours

It is a well formatted article with information connecting it to other subjects, it has good paragraphs about each labour and interesting links...

Fox

(and yes, voting ends on Sunday the 7th)

[edit on 3-9-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
We have our first outstanding article, it is Alchemy, congrats to all who edited it.

Fox

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
That is a great choice and a superb article!

Rush

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Congrats to the article...

Hopefully this thread gets more people to take a look at the articles on the site...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hi all. I just wanted to verify a couple of things regarding nominations.

1) Do we continue to post nominations in this thread?
2) Are we doing this every week? I remember reading a suggestion to spread it out a little but didn't hear anything after that.

Rush

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yes, we have skipped a week but that is due to reasons out of our ahnds, Im now back here on ATS and TinWiki so ill be keeping an eye out, Optimist is here and WOS is coming every so often. So were here, but were very limited at the moment.

Post up nominations in this thread every week.
Yes this is a every week thing as long as some of you nominate.

Fox

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Really pleased to see this new 'Outstanding' category added and very happy that Alchemy has been voted as the first in this growing list.

Great idea by all involved on TW.

Grats all...

I have just popped into an internet cafe to check my e-mail and found this new thread and had to add my tuppence worth.

Still working towards getting more settled and eventually becoming as involved as I was before....

Keep up all the great work everyone

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ok, i guess I'll try and kick this off again and see if it catchs on...

I nominate by self because i feel like i need the ego boost
No, but seriously i think that "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart" is one of the finest examples of a article on TinWiki, it is broken down into well sized easy to read sections of which are 100% relevant and interesting to the article, it has correct links both external and internal as well as additional links to AboveTopSecret.Com existing threads; as well as the aforementioned it is placed in the correct category - which is rare for my TinWiki articles.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

top topics

join