It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did this all just happen by chance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Are we all here for a reason like are we meant to be doing something in life,do we have a purpose that we should fulfill.

Or if it just coincidence that we all found ATS cause for me its almost like changed my life i feel like it was no coincidence that im here on this site i feel like i was almost pushed here.

i did find ATS by chance though(if you believe in chance)because i was becoming really annoyed for some reason like i was wondering why things happen or why do people do things and i just completely stumbled onto this site i feel like i got the ATS effect now though i feel likie everythings changed in my life everything is starting to make sense now.

God bless.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My life was destroyed by people, that changed my future, and wanted to see it destroyed. So peoples lifes can be changed.

I believe it is half destiny and half what ever, but i doubt there is much freewill, as we are supposed to believe.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I 100% do believe in free will though

i definitely believe that we can change our lives any way we want aswell by just believing.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Funny thing, my family and I were sitting around eating lunch in our backyard when we started talking about all the times we've been a hair away from dying. It just seemed amazing how it almost seems that there is some sort of factor out of human control that allows for such a thing to happen.
My uncle was telling me how out of all of his childhood friends, he's the only one that's still alive, the rest lived in mexico and had been killed off by drug smugglers. He got lucky and came here about 20 someodd years ago. Even then, he's had so many scuffs with death that it almost seems like he's got someone watching out for him.

And so comes to my story. My mom was telling me how I wasn't even supposed to be born. The doctors told her that she should have aborted for her health, that having me would bring complications. Well I showed them
I was born c-section and nothing happened to her or me, well, I was pretty much a sickly child who almost died a couple of times, or at least should have but somehow recovered. Also, I was told by a friend of mine *out of the blue* that she had a feeling about me, like I was destined for something great, that I'm going to make a difference in people's lives. I kinda laughed at it but now that I see how so many little coincidence had to happen for me to even be here right now, it seems like me, along with everyone alive, at this very instant, has some role to play, that no one is insignificant. It's all, weird and stuff

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Daedalus24]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
you can believe what you want... about free will..

but when you REALLY analyze the concept..

you don't really have much free will at all.

you can't go back in time and rearrange you genes to specify exactly who you want to be, as your genes dictate...

and you can't go back in time and rearrange the people that had the most effect on you while you were very young, and their effect on you which "wired" your personality as to how you'd react to circumstances in the future.

the ONLY ... "REAL" ... "FREE WILL" that you actually have...

is the ability to now, as an adult, decide to MOVE into differnt places, and surround yourself with other people that will interact with you and affect you in a manner that you hope for.

we fail to recognize the power of early child psychological formation, and how we are an extrapolated version of that formation.. augmented through the experiences we've had.

you can remain dumb and dimwitted calling everything as a religious reason or magical phenomenon... or that we can actually choose our destiny..

but the reality is .. we actually have VERY LITTLE CHOICE in thise world.

and i repeat.. the only choice we have.. is our ability to remove ourselves from circumstances.. and reposition ourselves.. and our surroundings with people that are for or against our deepest desires.

my advice is:
move to somewhere that is less against your best interests.. and surround yourself with people that are oriented in a manner that best suits a direction of enlightenment and personal evolution.

ie: be a crackwhore or a leader with soul.

you can accomplish either of these by exposing yourself to certain circumstances and environments.

-

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

Tell that to someone being tortured day in day out for 20 years. Freewill does not exist in the frame that we assume it does, how our masters want to believe.

Your life has to be destroyed , before anyone really sees that. Just because you can goto a shop and buy a playstation 3, does not mean you have freewill in your life.

I wanted to live my life in peace and quiet, but people took my whole future away from me, so how is that freewill?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am still here because of a cat. I severed an artery as a kid and would have died if a nurse had not been feeding my neighbor's cat. My parents were not at home.

I missed death several other times too. The weirdest were the dreams predicting death the night before and my taking action to change the situation. Happened to my husband too. He told me he dreamed he slipped on ice and fell to his death at breakfast. Later that day he walk over to a pile of leaves, swept them aside to reveal a large patch of ice going downhill and over a 200 ft straight drop to a boulder field. Scary. Oh and we are both atheists or were.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I first became interested in conspiracies when I bought a book about conspiracies from a spy museum. I looked for a google search for conspiracies and I found a lot of irrelevant websites and I think it was by a google search or by some forum post on another forum that brought me here on ATS. I chose to stay because I felt like it would be a lot better to be on a forum with members who I could talk to about conspiracies than to look for them on my own and get nowhere and get lost in a slew of garbage links and anarchist propaganda on the internet.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

Tell that to someone being tortured day in day out for 20 years. Freewill does not exist in the frame that we assume it does, how our masters want to believe.

Your life has to be destroyed , before anyone really sees that. Just because you can goto a shop and buy a playstation 3, does not mean you have freewill in your life.

I wanted to live my life in peace and quiet, but people took my whole future away from me, so how is that freewill?

I also believe everything happens for a reason.

i dont know why some things happen but they do still happen.

maybe some free will does exist maybe not total free will but i do still think we atleast have some say in what happens.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I must say it certainly seems like things are destined to happen sometimes, I also have had many brushes with death.

The amount of times a speeding car has almost taken me out missing by centimetres is amazing.

There is also the day I was meant to climb a hill with a friend only for it to rain slightly stopping us from going. When we did go the day after about 5 tonnes of rock above the hill had fallen on the exact part of the hill we were supposed to be on.

Silly mistakes in swimming pools where I should have drowned only to somehow make it back to the surface just in time.....

Heck I even almost got shot.

I belive we will always end up in a certain place, but we have limited freewill on how we get there.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I also believe that I didn't come here by free will. I don't think I expected to come on here... I never expected to find a site like this. I guess it called me onto it.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Reading this thread made me wonder about the dialog with the merovingian in the Matrix II. Does anyone who sees free will as limited as and I quote:

This is the nature of the universe. We struggle against it, we fight to deny it, but it is of course pretense, it is a lie. Beneath our poised appearance, the truth is we are completely out of control. Causality. There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the `why.' `Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. `Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

Which makes you think. There's kind of a conflict in that reasoning. Because you can still choose to try and understand the 'why' or not. Which is still a choice, giving you free will in that aspect. Crazy machines right?

But anyway, I do agree that certain things seem to happen no mather how hard you try to evade or change them. I too was in search of information a couple of years ago and by coincidence the subjects I was most interested in seemed to be an ongoing discussion on this board and coming up in my searches. Coincidence or not, my choice to search did lead me to this board and the know that there are other people asking themselves the same questions as I have been doing.

And on a side note, while were at it, I too have escaped death on a couple of occasions. A high speed front tire blowout on a road which wasn't really built for the speed I was going, got me in a spin at a speed over 100 km/h. I even was driving backwards for like 50 meters with my speed still above 80 km/h. The road had like two bends in it and I still somehow managed to keep the car in the center of the road, missed all the light posts and ended up on the opposite side of the road just missing another car heading my way. The guy saw me spinning all over the place and figured I would hit him, so he stopped his car en moved backwards like 10 meters and stopped. I missed his front bumper by less than a meter. Nevermind my face, I will never forget the look on his. It was like he had just witnessed a miracle. I have no idea how I accomplished it, but I'm still here. Who knows, I guess someone somewhere really likes me.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LoDGiKaL

Glad your still here to tell ur story mate ye sounds like someone likes u alot there.

top topics

join