It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC now Gustav Fundraiser!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Bravo. This is exactly what they should do!

REPUBLICANS MIGHT DELAY AND TRANSFORM CONVENTION

Last updated: 8:02 pm
August 30, 2008
Posted: 4:47 pm
August 30, 2008

John McCain and the GOP are considering scrapping political speeches and turning their Minnesota convention into a "service program" to help victims of Hurricane Gustav, The Post has learned.

www.nypost.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Boy, why didn't I see that coming? A good way to get the RNC noticed. They are "so helpful" to raise money to give to the hurricane victims.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRR1

That's a terrific move, in more ways than one. The Dems will turn it into a case of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't', but under the circumstances, its clearly the best play of the cards they've been dealt. They can't go out and have a big party on national television while the gulf coast is getting hammered by a major hurricane.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRR1

Are you sure they're not just now getting around helping Katrina victims?
Where's Brownie?

Actually it's a nice plan, who knew?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How opportunistic of them.

Call me jaded, but after the royal cluster that happened with Katrina, I don't trust these pols farther than I can throw them when it comes to disaster relief.

[edit on 8/30/2008 by anachryon]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hopefully the fundraiser will not be needed.

But IMHO it's not looking good for the Gulf Coast and NOLO.

If you have loved ones or friends in that area you need to say a prayer for them because I think there going to need it come Monday evening...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
They couldn't possibly ignore this or it would be the death of their campaign. To repeat the Katrina debacle by having the next leader of our country partying while New Orleans was destroyed would be political suicide. They HAVE to do this.

"It wouldn't be appropriate to have a festive occasion while a near-tragedy or a terrible challenge is presented in the form of a natural disaster," McCain told Fox News today.

Duh! I couldn't agree more.

But I think it's a great idea.

I see anachryon has already said what I just said.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Perhaps the Liberal Dems can chip in and show they're for America as well.

Ya think?

Or will they just sit on their hands and abide by the old rule of; a liberal is someone who wants to do good with other peoples money?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon
How opportunistic of them.

Call me jaded, but after the royal cluster that happened with Katrina, I don't trust these pols farther than I can throw them when it comes to disaster relief.

[edit on 8/30/2008 by anachryon]

Yes I agree Katrina was a mess but you can't lay blame completly on GWB.

The city and state were run by Democrats, so blame needs to be shared.

I just hope lessons were learned and it does not happen again!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Yes I agree Katrina was a mess but you can't lay blame completly on GWB.

The city and state were run by Democrats, so blame needs to be shared.

I just hope lessons were learned and it does not happen again!

I don't lay blame on GWB. I blame politicians as a whole - R or D. Blanco was incompetent, Nagin is a jackalope, Brownie was a tool, FEMA as a whole sucked....everyone screwed Katrina up badly.

And they haven't gotten any better in the last three years. There's talk that the current levee system in NOLA and surrounding areas may not be able to withstand a Category 1 hurricane. What the hell have these people been doing for the past three years? They definitely won't be able to withstand another strong storm like Katrina.

Lovely, huh?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

Or will they just sit on their hands and abide by the old rule of; a liberal is someone who wants to do good with other peoples money?

Indeed!!! And I guess the GOP has gotten past " If its not me its not my problem"...

Praise the lord lets raise SOME MONEY - GAYS AND SOCIOPATHS ALIKE!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Bush is now "unlikely" to attend. What is he going to do instead, I wonder? I think it's a bit convenient that Bush now cannot attend.
That's the best move the GOP could make - Go ahead with the Convention, but keep Bush as far away as possible.

Too bad the levees were stuffed with newspaper and probably won't hold. Again. Watch the story here:

Source

“The whole length of the wall was stuffed with newspaper.”

And when he confronted the contractor, the contractor blamed Washington for the substandard work.

“He basically told me when Congress sent down the money, it would be repaired the proper way.”

But during a recent trip to the area, two years later, it was apparent that didn't happen. Much of the newspaper had deteriorated or been eaten by bugs, but some still remained. In fact WWL cameras even captured the date May 21, 2006, on a page of the Parade magazine from the Times-Picayune.

:shk:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
How convenient for the GOP. Lets cancel or postpone most of the key events of the RNC for a week, then most of the working class protestors will have had to go home. Ron Paul’s freedom rally will be over, and we have made such a great sacrifice for the poor people affected by the storm. I gotta hand it to these guys their think tank is in high gear. Imagine turning a natural disaster into a publicity stunt.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

Think tank? It doesn't take a genius to figure out what they had to do. It's possible they are capitalizing on a natural disaster, but what else are they going to do?

The timing of this hurricane is rather remarkable, though. Sometimes I wonder if some people thought "hey, let's use that ol' hurricane makin' machine and whip us up one right as the RNC starts so that we don't have to deal with Ron Paul's supporters".

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
OK people, it’s time for a major reality check for a lot of you. ALL of these hurricane "natural" disasters are man-made.

Go here weatherwars.info... to learn how they are engineering these hurricanes . Go to any national or geo-political website if you want to know WHY they are doing it : CHAOS, absolute political CHAOS is the why !

It's time for a reality check, and high time some of you people begin exiting the denial stage. Time to grow up and except that it is, indeed happening. Everything that those people you labeled “conspiracy theorists“ were telling you is coming to pass now. Those "nutcases" were trying to help you people.

The so-called "natural" disaster named GUSTAV was engineered. So was Katrina, and Andrew more than a decade before that. The earthquake in China last May, the earthquake in Indonesia that caused the tsunami, they were man-made UN-natural disasters, just like the AIDS virus. And, yes, HANNA is as well. Geeze fer Christ sake open your eyes! Look at the satellite imagery! Look at the infrared and visible satellite imagery! It’s on every TV station you turn to. Don’t you see it? If you cannot see it, ask yourself why you can’t. Don't you ever look up at the sky anymore? The signs are so obvious Ray Charles could see it, and he’s blind AND he’s dead. So what is your excuse for not allowing yourself to see the obvious signs of weather engineering that are staring you right in the face, plastered all over the news channels, and right in you face above your head every day, all day long? Why is it you refuse to see what they are hiding in plain view all over the media and in the sky above? It’s because you are in a state of absolute denial. The fact that you simply may not be able to comprehend or handle the WHY, why they are engineering these hurricanes does not absolve you of your responsibility to understand that they are, in fact doing it. These hurricanes are a prelude to the next phases which are

An engineered Total Collapse of the U.S. dollar
An engineered Total Collapse of the U.S. Capital markets and banking system
An engineered global bio-pandemic (probably the avian flu)
An engineered magnitude +8.0 earthquake in the U.S. (likely San Francisco)

And these events are just preludes, kind of like appetizers before the main dish. Are you ready for these delectable entrée’s? Here’s the main course:

Engineered chaos as pretext to invoke martial law in the U.S.
Dissolution of U.S., Mexico and Canada.
Establishment of the NAU - North American Union (new currency is the Amero)
Foreign troops enforcing martial law on U.S. streets
FEMA trains to ship non-cooperatives and resisters to the FEMA camps
Mass extermination of 180-250 million American Citizens
Dissolution of the NAU - Establishment of the Illuminati’s NWO - New World Order

All this is slated to happen in the next 3 ½ years, so buckle your seatbelts. Its gonna be a real bumpy ride for a lot of you who simply cannot allow the truth that is staring you in the face to be true.

IT IS TRUE. SO GROW UP !!

STOP ACTING LIKE A PETULENT CHILD AND ACCEPT WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU !!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Boy, why didn't I see that coming? A good way to get the RNC noticed. They are "so helpful" to raise money to give to the hurricane victims.

Obama is trying to do the same thing. Did you not get his SPAM e-mail today about making a donation to the Red Cross on his site for Gustav??

Funny too, how the last two hurricanes have been Russian names.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yeah, the RNC pretty much had their hands tied on this one. Anything else and it would have been clear political suicide. Still, it's nice to see them make the right choice.

Originally posted by jetxnet
Funny too, how the last two hurricanes have been Russian names.

Funny how you're still touting that since LookingIntoIt already informed you yesterday...

Katrina is of dutch, german, and swedish origin.

Gustav is swedish as well, try again

[edit on 9/1/08 by redmage]

top topics

join