It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 security troops to live in 'austere' camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
www.canada.com...

Looking forward to the 2010 Olympics...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
and ?

what is your OPINION on this ? ATS strongly discourages posting sunch links without explaination , opinion or comment

so i will ask a few questions of my own .

1 should the camps be ` all mod cons ` ? - if so who is going to pay for it ?? - these are intended as TEMPORARY billets for military personell - the CAF can handle a few weeks ` austerity `

2 do you think that the CAF should have no part in the security plan for the games ? if so how are the civilian police and RCMP going to police the rest of the country while a significant portion of thier manpower is committed to olympic security ?

3 do you think that the military presence at the games is some precurser to martial law or that thecamps will be misused / turned into internment facilities ? if so what is your evidence

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
sorry to burst your bubble but the next Olympics will be in 2012 - London, they are every four (4) years.

Are you thinking of the Commonwealth Games? Which are held every other 4 years (that makes it the middle of the each Olympic cycle.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

no he means the olympics

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Sorry, I was really tired when I posted it. Laziness is my excuse.

Perhaps of more interest will be the firms placing bids. Not sure which of the private U.S. security firms have Canadian divisions...the big one up here is Garda.

top topics

join