It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurrican Gustav. An oil traders dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
As hurricane Gustav heads towards the Gulf Coast, oil speculators are already raking in the dough as the oil prices head back up.

Everytime a hurricane threatens the Gulf, oil jumps up sharply, much to the money mongers joy.

If billions of dollars are involved, who's to say they don't INTENTIONALLY increase the strength of the hurricane, to send oil prices up further.

It's been done before.

To theoretically weaken a hurricane, the seeding process is more complicated. At first scientists thought they could seed the eyewall and perturb the hurricane�s wind outwards, thus weakening the hurricane (Anthes 1982; Willoughby et al. 1985). By the mid-1960s scientists realized this theory was flawed. A revised theory evolved in which one seeds the clouds just outside the eyewall to stimulate cloud growth away from the eyewall. The new outer eyewall would grow, depriving inflow into the older, inner eyewall. The result is a weakening inner eyewall, resulting in less subsidence in the eye and a rise in central pressure. If the pressure increases, inflowing air is unable to penetrate to as small a radius, and most of the new ascent occurs at the new outer eyewall. Eventually the new eyewall would replace the old eyewall, but at a larger distance from the center. Just as ice skaters slow their rotation when their arms are spread out, a larger eyewall radius would cause a reduction in wind speed.

Cloud seeding was first tested when several U.S. government agencies collaborated in a pioneering weather modification effort known as Project Cirrus (Willoughby et al. 1985). Among other notable firsts was the first cloud seeding of a hurricane. On October 13, 1947 a plane dropped silver iodide into a hurricane moving to the northeast. Observers on the plane noted changes in the visual appearance of the cloud, but could not demonstrate any changes in structure or intensity. However, shortly afterwards the hurricane reversed course to the west, making landfall on the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina. It is extremely unlikely the seeding altered the course, since hurricanes are mostly guided by constantly shifting large-scale atmospheric currents. However, the political and legal implications taught scientists to be more careful about where they conducted their hurricane seeding experiments. Future attempts at hurricane modification occurred only in hurricanes which were: 1) far from all land masses; and 2) unlikely to make landfall within 24 hours.

weather.jsums.edu...

I noticed after Gustav left Jamaica, the meteorologists were surprised when the rain path of the storm suddenly grew by 40 miles. They even showed a path that the P3 was flying to take reading of the storm, and what caught my attention was the flight path was IN FRONT of the storm.

20 or 30 back and forth and zig zag flight paths ahead of the storm.

Don't underestimate what greedy people will do for money. They sell their souls all the time.

Four more years were to pass before the next modification experiment. The years 1964-1968 were generally inactive hurricane seasons, and the hurricanes which did occur were either too close to land or out of flight range. Scientists also realized that the eyewall-seeding hypothesis was incorrect, resulting in the revised hypothesis of seeding outside the eyewall. The modified hypothesis was tested on Hurricane Debbie on August 18 and August 20, 1969 when more than a thousand seedings of silver iodide were made each day.

weather.jsums.edu...

We all know that cloud seeding actually INCREASES the potential of the storm.

DO THEY THINK WE ARE STUPID???

www.aoml.noaa.gov...
www.theatlantic.com...

Energy traders are keeping a watchful eye on Gustav's projected path, as the Gulf of Mexico is home to about a quarter of U.S. oil production, according to Reuters.

www.marketwatch.com...

The Department of Homeland Security has asked scientists to draw up new plans on how hurricanes and other tropical storms can be weakened before they hit land.

Three years after Hurricane Katrina caused more than $50bn of damage and killed 1,800 people when it blasted through New Orleans, American government officials have asked for a new programme into hurricane modification.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../earth/2008/08/02/scihurricane102.xml

Boy, "they" really had it figured out for Katrina, didn't they?

Google Video Link

After all, the military wants to play God.

Weather as a Force Multiplier:
Owning the Weather in 2025
A Research Paper
Presented To
Air Force 2025
by
Col Tamzy J. House
Lt Col James B. Near, Jr.
LTC William B. Shields (USA)
Maj Ronald J. Celentano
Maj David M. Husband
Maj Ann E. Mercer
Maj James E. Pugh

csat.au.af.mil...

Hope they all burn in hell.

Edit. Not really, but they are killing our children.

Hanging by their toes may be more realistic.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
wow man, awesome research

that video was top notch also, major props for finding it

i highly suggest everyone read this thread and watch that video

extremely educational, highly interesting

flagged and starred

great work Manasseh two thumbs up

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks muzzleflash.

It's knowledge I wish I hadn't found.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So I was doing a little searching.

I googled "hurricane modification", oil traders

and I found

"Princeton University Senior Theses brief display
Cover, Richard Loring (1951): An Economic Analysis of Oil Conservation Policy ...... Swan, Edward Patrick (1976): The Economics of Hurricane Modification. ...
libweb5.princeton.edu/theses/thesesvw.asp?Lname=&Fname=&Submit=Search&Title1=economic&dep... - 236k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

www.google.com...

in the search results.

However, when you click on the link, and use ctrl-f to find the word "hurricane", it is missing.

It has also been removed from the cache.

Question. Why would seniors at Princeton U be studying the "economics of hurricane modification"?

I'll answer with another question.
How many high level politicians have you seen from Princeton?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So I found this picture

The site claims

What is cloud seeding?
Cloud seeding is the process of spreading either dry ice (or more commonly, silver iodide aerosols) into the upper part of clouds to try to stimulate the precipitation process and form rain. Since most rainfall starts through the growth of ice crystals from super-cooled cloud droplets (droplets colder than the freezing point, 32 deg. F) in the upper parts of clouds, the silver iodide particles are meant to encourage the growth of new ice particles

Notice it says "encourage the growth of new ice particles"

Yet in the next paragraph, it says,

REDUCING THE INTENSITY OF HURRICANES THROUGH SEEDING? In the early 1960's, the National Hurricane Center began a series of experiments in seeding of hurricanes to reduce their intensity.

www.weatherquestions.com...

I don't know, you tell me. How do you reduce the intensity by encouraging growth???

Since 1999, Cordani and his team of experts -- including weather expert, professor and author Dr. Peter Ray -- have been conducting in-house laboratory testing and field testing of Dyn-O-Mat's Dyn-O-Gel polymer. All tests to date have reportedly proven the substance's ability to lessen the impact of violent storms and fires through cloud-seeding. In fact, Dyn-O-Mat has been issued a patent by the U.S. patent office for seeding clouds with polymer.
And Livingston is not the first expert to state that cloud seeding holds promise. In an interview aired July 7, 2000, on CBS News's "The Early Show," Dr. Hugh Willoughby, director of NOAA's Hurricane Research Division, said Cordani's proposal "has a chance.

www.insurancejournal.com...

Then I found this article.

Meanwhile, Canadian insurers spend millions each year on cloud seeding to help reduce the size of damaging hailstones.

and the article goes on to say

The increased frequency and severity of hail and rain storms, particularly in 2005 and 2007, should be of concern to the industry. Since construction costs are rising and labour demand has picked up, frequent storms have led to an increase in claims severity on property coverage for Canadian insurers.

www.canadianunderwriter.ca...

They have no idea why the increase in storms frequency and severity, yet they continue to pump millions into weather modification.

Umm, duh!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Take a look at this satellite picture

Image source

Look at the lines feeding into the hurricane at the bottom.

I'd be willing to bet those are cloud seeding lines.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
ohhh boy, you're all going to call me crazy of course for entertaining the theory, but you know what anything is possible and this sadly doesn't sound too crazy or outlandish to me.

Something I also noted prior to Gustav entering the GOM and it could have been that same hurricane hunter mission you were talking about, but a day or two ago a plane went through the whole gulf dropping dropsondes for taking measurements, however if I go along with the conspiracy, it would have a been a perfect opportunity to seed or modify ahead of the storm.

Now even though I can entertain this idea, I want to make it clear that I don't think or at least I hope that humans are not so stupid and so greedy to alter weather, ruin economies... darn... Hope and Faith that it ain't so.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I agree.

I would hope that people wouldn't stoop that low.

Having said that....

I just saw the CNN anchor claiming how oil prices are bound to go up after this hurricane, because there is a high concentration of oil rigs in the way.

Remember after Katrina, when we saw $3.00 a gallon gas for the first time, and it took month to come back down?

I would be willing to bet, gas jumps to $5.00 a gallon after this.

It's all about accustoming the masses into accepting the higher gas prices.

The thing is, gas prices lag oil prices by at least 6 months. That is how long it takes for the oil to be refined and reach your wallet.

But the rise in price will be instantaneous.

Why?

Oil speculators.

They do the work of the NEW WORLD ORDER.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here is a prediction

The hurricane stalls and strengthens before hitting the coast, causing massive disruption to the oil fields.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Of course weather modification is real, and I can’t help but believe that the technology involved is now way ahead of the cloud seeding that’s existed for almost as long as the airplane. I absolutely believe that the PTB would not hesitate to use such tech to further their goals, with history as my evidence.

There is another angle besides oil prices to consider though. There is the timing of the GOP convention to think about. This storm gives ready excuse for Bush and Cheney to steer clear, helping to mitigate the association of McCain with the incredibly unpopular duo in the minds of voters. It also steals headlines away from the draconian treatment of the would-be protesters that’s begun the last couple of days before the protesters could even get started. Also, it’s going to disperse a whole bunch of Obama voters far and wide, perhaps permanently. I don’t know if LA was going to be a swing state, but if there was any chance of it going D, an emptied NO would make a huge difference.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Wow, impressive observation

Thanks for your mind opening opinion.

We are in the last days. Any help in opening eyes
is much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well, THX.

Here's some more. In light of Gustav being less than catastrophic, and the Bush gang claiming that this shows much improvement since Katrina cbs11tv.com... it seems logical to me to wonder whether this event was meant to rehabilitate the image of the R record on such disasters. The build up was incredible, with Nagin appearing wide-eyed on TV calling it 'the mother of all storms'. The evacuation was early and efficient (as can be), with an altogether positive result. Perfectly timed to boost the RNC.

top topics

join