It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: INS Special Agent Found Dead in Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Another Government official has been found dead from apparent suicide. INS Special Agent Thomas DeRouchey died on Tuesday morning while driving down I-10 on route to participate in a press conference announcement.

AZCentral.com
Thomas DeRouchey, 45, interim special agent charged with dismantling violent criminal operations associated with immigrant smuggling, was on his way to Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson to participate in a press conference announcing the federal government's latest efforts to stem the flow of illegal immigration.
"Witnesses saw DeRouchey's government-issued Chrysler Concord swerve out of control about 8:35 a.m. and slam into a median guardrail" on I-10 near Tangerine Road in Marana, northwest of Tucson, said Sgt. Tim Brunenkant, a Marana police spokesman.
Marana investigators say DeRouchey apparently died from a self-inflicted gunshot to the head. Police did not recover a suicide note from the vehicle.

Now this is interesting! With all the chaos brewing lately about the Illegal Immigration Policies that are pushed down from Capital Hill, we now also have an unfortunate, alleged suicide of The Special Agent in charge of dismantling violent criminal operations associated with immigrant smuggling. While on his way to speak at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base press conference no less. The first question that comes to my mind is "Who decides all of a sudden, while driving 75mph on the freeway, to shoot themselves?" Was he going over his typical morning check list when he just happened upon the missed item? (example: Turn off coffee pot, set alarm, drop off suit at cleaners....Oh yeah, almost forgot to shoot myself in the head!!) I wonder if the gun that he used came standard in his Government Issued Chrysler Concord for just such an emergency?

Possible Connection?
Human smuggling eclipses drugs trade

BBC.co.uk

Could this be a coincidence?
Alamo-Girl.com

Info about Charlene Edwards is near the top of this LONG page of other people who have had unfortunate deaths. Original News Article is no longer available.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Very curious story. What would you call that? A drive by suicide? Sounds a bit fishy to me...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
please take a look at the submission guidelines:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
please take a look at the submission guidelines:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oops....so should I resubmit properly and you kill this one, or switch this over to political scandals or what now?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just Edit this post to ATSNN Guidlines in order for this to be upgraded.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
OK, I've edited it all nice and pretty and legal. Is it in proper working order now?

top topics

join