It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
and you know, we all want JFK back

His death marked the end of America as we knew it

Obama just plays the part but he isn't real in the way JFK was

Pallin, is more of a Kennedy judging by her moral fiber and the life she has led than Obama who runs about with anti american activists ever could be

Liberals will buck against conservatives, but yet can't see a woman in that role... kind of Amusing isn't it?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I love the fact that the Dems are questioning her experience. Fact is, she has more than Obama.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think that this was a great move. It stole the thunder from Obama. Nobody was talking today about the speech he gave last night. Now it's all Palin, Palin, Palin.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It is very interesting to me to see ATS respond to this pick.

Being a life-long Alaskan, and having met Sara Palin numerous times (her Governors office is on the 17th floor, mine is on the 12th floor).

Despite what the MSM says, she did NOT fire anyone. He quit. Walt was being re-assigned to a different appointment. He quit and drug out trash to start controversy over his anger of being removed as Public Safety Commissioner.

Since she's been in office here, things have really gone quite well. We now have AGIA (Alaska Gasline Inducement Act) -- which was her brainchild.

We are all also getting a $1200 cut of the State's budget surplus to deal with the rise of heating oil.

She's a TOUGH woman. When her water broke, she was in Texas. She refused to have the baby there, and instead boarded a plane and flew hours back to Alaska.

And NO, the baby is NOT her daughters. I have spoken to the nurses who helped deliver the baby.

She has a degree in political science and journalism -- and despite what many outsiders think -- Alaska politics deals with some juggernauts like Exxon Mobile, Conoco Phillips ...ect, ect.

She is big on government transparency. When this whole "scandal" all you are talking about broke -- she stepped up and launched her own open-to-the-public investigation to vindicate herself.

She's helped clean house of the "good old boys" -- and unlike many in Washington, doesn't come from money. Her husband works a middle class job, she actually laid off the maids/cooks at the Governor's house because she "can and will do all the cooking".

And yes she is attractive...much more so in person -- she is also rather petite, about 5'3".

She is exactly what Washington needs right now -- a REAL person, not some corporate tycoon, or career politician. Someone who understands, and knows first-hand what the average American deals with.

She goes fishing every year in Bristol Bay, her husband is a world-champion Snowmachiner (in the Iron Dog races).

Her first act was to sell the Governor's private jet that the previous Governor bought despite the public's disapproval.

Take it from someone who knows this woman better than 99% of those here -- she's tough enough, smart enough, and REAL enough to made some positive changes if the Republicans win.

Somewhere, Obama has his head in his hands and is saying, "I should have chosen Hillary..."

And elsewhere, Hillary Clinton is having a temper tantrum screaming, "That was supposed to be ME!!! I was supposed to be VP!!!!"

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
They know the economy is going to crash

They don't want that under a GOP presidency

In 4 years the incumbant president will be held responsible for the crash

How can so many smart people (Rove, Wolfowitz, Cheney, Etc) be wrong abount every major decision they've made (Iraq, Afghanistan, Katrina, economy, etc) Unless they've intentionally made them wrong for their own reasons (money, money, money)

She will be buried by Biden, the race is over

Enough

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Sounds like you area true fan. good stuff..

but isnt it kinda of dangerous and wrong to board a plane after you water has already broken?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Both parties have terrible choices. Vote or die, or die!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

but isnt it kinda of dangerous and wrong to board a plane after you water has already broken?

Is that the kid that has Downs Syndrome?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Not to keen on her stance on abortion, but other than that, seems like a pretty solid choice for McCain. Doesn't change my vote one way or the other though.

Should make things interesting at the very least. Can't wait to see the debates on this one.

Just for the record, not voting for either candidate, even with this new development.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Hey, if we have any women on here. I would like to hear a comment from a women and her position on a women VP, would other women vote for McCain just because he choose a women VP? No offense, but I am curious if they would.

Wow... someone who actually _asks_ and doesn't just assume like so many in this thread. Thank you for giving us credit!

No, I would not vote for McCain because he has chosen a female VP. However, it does make me feel differently about republicans... I give them credit.

She sounds waaay to conservative.... anti-abortion, anti-gay rights..... no thanks. (by the way... I'm not gay or ever had an abortion... yet "I do not approve of her message")

I cannot vote for Obama because of his racist church wich opened my eyes to his hidden racism, his arrogance, lack of experience and blatant lack of patriotism.

Clinton was the one for me......... and that has nothing to do with her merely being female either.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I love the sound of liberal desperation. It is entertaining. Can't peg anything, so question the judgment of a mother who has already given birth four times.

Priceless!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

i malmost iwth ya, but i like biden too much not to vote.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
She sounds waaay to conservative.... anti-abortion, anti-gay rights

Hot topic liberal agendas for sure. At any rate you might be interested to know that she actually makes thoughtful decisions in these matters. She examines the law and rules accordingly.

Palin's first veto was used to block legislation that would have barred the state from granting benefits to the partners of gay state employees. In effect, her veto granted State of Alaska benefits to same-sex couples.

mensnewsdaily.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceDada

I love the sound of liberal desperation. It is entertaining. Can't peg anything, so question the judgment of a mother who has already given birth four times.

Priceless!

how is that liberal desperation? I'd ask that of any mother.. including my own. you dont have to give birth to know that any dr will tell an expectant mother not to fly after the third trimester. Safety of a child has NOTHING to do with politics. Id say the same thing to Hillary Clinton if she did the same.

You need to open your eyes and not blindly defend EVERY action based onthe fact that they have a R next to their name

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

In effect, her veto granted State of Alaska benefits to same-sex couples.

Yes, but these are liberals we are talking about, so you must use Newspeak, not questioning the AP or MoveOn.org. So say it with me now:

Obama's policies are double plus good.
Palin's policies are crimethink.
Two plus two equals five.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

In effect, her veto granted State of Alaska benefits to same-sex couples.

Yes, but these are liberals we are talking about, so you must use Newspeak, not questioning the AP or MoveOn.org. So say it with me now:

Obama's policies are double plus good.
Palin's policies are crimethink.
Two plus two equals five.

Generalizations.... Is that all you have? So far all you have done is blindly defend palin and generalized liberals. Congrats, you have no debate skills.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

how is that liberal desperation? I'd ask that of any mother.. including my own. you dont have to give birth to know that any dr will tell an expectant mother not to fly after the third trimester. Safety of a child has NOTHING to do with politics. Id say the same thing to Hillary Clinton if she did the same.

I have many children. My wife has had complications during pregnancy, and if you have a good pediatrician and your labor has been long in the past, then it is perfectly fine to get on a plane in order to get good care. Actually, I would expect this might be a good idea.

Have you ever given birth, liberal? I have heard doctors say "it is a bad idea" but it does not necessarily put the child at risk. Until you are in the delivery room and the nurse tells you "put on some gloves, because you will need to catch... we can't find the doctor" then perhaps you should keep your dribble to yourself.

Are you completely ignorant, or do you just like to see yourself post a lot? Or perhaps you are just trying to boost your post number so you can "purchase" more colorful letters on your sidebar...

In any case, you sound stupid when you write about things you don't know.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

you dont have to give birth to know that any dr will tell an expectant mother not to fly after the third trimester. Safety of a child has NOTHING to do with politics. Id say the same thing to Hillary Clinton if she did the same.

Help me out here.

You're worried about the safety of an unborn child on an airplane and you are a "pro-choice" Democrat?

I'm sure I must be mistaken.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I have many children. My wife has had complications during pregnancy, and if you have a good pediatrician and your labor has been long in the past, then it is perfectly fine to get on a plane in order to get good care. Actually, I would expect this might be a good idea.

Have you ever given birth, liberal? I have heard doctors say "it is a bad idea" but it does not necessarily put the child at risk. Until you are in the delivery room and the nurse tells you "put on some gloves, because you will need to catch... we can't find the doctor" then perhaps you should keep your dribble to yourself.

Are you completely ignorant, or do you just like to see yourself post a lot? Or perhaps you are just trying to boost your post number so you can "purchase" more colorful letters on your sidebar...

In any case, you sound stupid when you write about things you don't know.

This whole post shows your complete lack of understanding. You show your intention with your first sentance.

"Have you ever given birth, liberal?"

Come on, do you have to show your hand so fast? Dr's say its a bad idea to fly pregnant... But to fly after the water has broke? It doesnt take a liberal or conservative to realize that the care on a plane is not that of a dr's office. Pregnant is one thing, in labor is another.

Lol, keep my dribble to myself? This thread involves a lot of people voicing their opinion. I voice mine on a person going aboard a plane after their water broke, and you attack me the hardest. It's fine, Im used to people having to resort to name calling when they dont have substance.

Post count... ATS points? Really? If thats what you are concerned with, you are in the wrong forum.

While I am only getting my ph d for archeology , I'm still going to have Dr. next to my name... can you say the same?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join