It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you should go with your gut feeling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Why you should go with your gut feeling

www.newscientist.co m

Next time you’re at a blackjack table trying to decide whether to hold or hit, just trust your gut. New research shows that our brains pick up on subliminal signals – a dealer’s tell, for instance – when making risky decisions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A silly as some may think "gut feelings" are, I thought this is important to all of us on this board.

Gut feelings are showing to be more than just a minor indicator of a way to make a decision. Subliminal cues are showing to play major roles in our decision making process, and subliminal thought is something that advanced civilizations would certainly have mastery over.

www.newscientist.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Great find! I've been a big believer of this for a long time now.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have always been a strong believer in my gut feelings. what frustrates me is when I don't get a gut feeling about something. that stinks, make sense?

It's funny you mention the black jack analogy. I was in Jackpot, NV last year with my boyfriend which is only a 3 hour drive from where I live. Anyhoo, I just stuck with blackjack. At one point my boyfriend went over to the roulette table and after I decided to walk away from the table after being on a losing streak, I went up to him at the table said put your chips on 12. He humored me and put one chip on the corner of 12, sharing 3 other #'s. Hahaha...the ball landed on 12!!! I told him he should have put it on 12! I did that about 3 more times and he never just took my dang word for it!! but everytime it landed on the number I called. I'm not psychic, I would call the number that just felt right after she dropped the ball into the spinner.

I also have a nack for knowing when something is going to happen. I never know exactly what it is. i can only tell if something significant is going to happen, whether good or bad. If it's bad it affects my stomach unfortunately.

I believe, and I know this may be outlandish for some, in a universal consciousness. I believe we all more or less can tap into it because we're all part of it.

My bf looks at me like I'm crazy when I show him the folding dollar bills "trick" of the wtc towers burning. He says,"Right. So they planned this hundreds of years ago. Before the towers were even built? Right." I told him I don't believe that, I believe the case to that it was part of a global consciousness that somehow someone subconsciously tapped into when designing the different denominations.

I know it sounds crazy but I really think that is what strange coincidences are. Like Neo's ID expiring on 9/11/01 in the Matrix and various weird things like that. I just think people just inadvertently tap into.

Okay...now that I sound like a cook I will leave you with that...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

But only if you have actually learned to subconsciously discern different intentions through body language. As with anything else, if you are particularly bad at it, listening to your gut instinct is just as flawed as not doing so.

Like our conscious mind. our subconscious mind is not perfect.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That is what I always do but it is still a gamble unless I am drunk and don't mind getting my head kicked in. I can't count how many times an old grizzled Marine Drill Instructor by the name of E.O. Green had Platoon 138 repeat these words "He Who Hesitates Is Lost". It got a lot of us out of some bad stuff. That was 40 years ago. I know I that there were many times that gut instinct was what kept me from getting blown away.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the info! I ALWAYS second guess my gut.. I don't know why, its just something out of habit I guess. Its time to break out of it though now that I read your post. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join