It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-headed baby under police guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Two-headed baby under police guard

www.news.com.au

A BABY boy born with two heads has been put under police protection in Bangladesh because of the curiosity his birth has caused among locals.

The boy, named Kiron, was born by caesarean on Monday weighing 5.5kg in Keshobpur, 135km from Dhaka, gynaecologist Mohamad Abdul Bari said.

"He has one stomach and he is eating normally with his two mouths. He has one genital organ and a full set of limbs," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
How often does this happen?

Strange, indeed...

I guess the only thing that we can wait for is some pictures?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The police are probably protecting the kid for the same reason they eventually had to protect the little girl born with 4 arms and 4 legs...apparently some locals thought it was an incarnation of one of their gods.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
www.smh.com.au...

a link with a pic..

Oh God bless him and his parents..

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Okay ... oaky ... okay!

Which one is Rosey Grier and which one is Ray Milland?????

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
WOW!!! That would be very odd to see. Whenever I read stories like this I can't help but remind myself how blessed I am to have four daughters that were all born with everything in tact and no additional body parts!

In this situation, I don't think there is any truth to the phrase 'two heads are better than one!'

Jemison

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

Thanks for the picture link.

Wow, that's amazing. I hope that kid has the best life that he can... Somehow, I doubt that will happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Wow.

There is probably a reasonable chance of amputating one of the heads, but then again the gynaecologist only said he has one stomach, there are probably numerous other complications involved.

I hope he can have the most fulfilling life possible.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the link with the photo. That is more disturbing to see than I anticipated. My heart goes out to the family and the boy and what they will have to endure in the days, weeks, years to come.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
YVW for the link with the photo.. really makes you appreciate having healthy kids. I am guessing they don't do sonograms in Bangladesh?? Makes you wonder if the child will survive.. and if so.. for how long.. what quality of life..
Sad.=(

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This brings up an issue, amputating one of the heads off.

Would that be killing? If both heads are perfectly functional wouldn't it be murder to kill one of the infant's heads?

Alternatively wouldn't it be tougher on the infant's organs as it is now?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

That is very odd and rare. If you analyse them through facial expression recognition you can see that clearly they have two separate mind sets even though both brains are attached to the same body.

I would think at that early age both brains would have the same thought patterns.

Very interesting to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

if you have the money
then you can do and get done most things that are avlible here in private hospitals in bangladesh,

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricBat
Wow.

There is probably a reasonable chance of amputating one of the heads, but then again the gynaecologist only said he has one stomach, there are probably numerous other complications involved.

I don't think they can tell until the infant is older if both heads can control the whole body or if each head controls half of the bodies motor skills like the girls in the video below do.

Siamese Twin Girls

Each one of the girls control their half of their body.

If each head controls half of the bodies motor skills, would the remaining head/mind be able to start controling the whole body?

I seriously doubt that they will amputate one of the heads unless there are complications with one of them, after all there are Siamese twins with two heads that live/lived full lives.

CX

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Sadly, the baby had died from a fever and breathing difficulties.

But his parents could not afford any further medical care and against doctors' advice, they took the child home.

"We wanted to refer him to a hospital in Dhaka but the family was so poor that they could not afford to take him there, so they took him home where he died," paediatrician KS Alam told the AFP news agency.

Source: Two headed babiy dies at home

You'd have thought in situations like this there would be people/organisations who would step forward with funding to help such unique cases?

CX.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

sad but true
you have crowds come along to look at the child like a greak
even the media aswell.

if the media are running in to make it headline story they could atleast could of helped the family , since they are using their child for ratings.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just read that the baby has opassed away becuae the parents could not afford amedical care and had to take the child home. THere is a link posted already. I think that is sad- in the US people cannot be turned away from lifesaving care for financial reasons. What is up with that?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
how do two headed babies communicate. like if both brains say move left leg does it move the right one

join