It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artic Sea Ice Drops to 2nd Lowest Level on Record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Artic Sea Ice Drops to 2nd Lowest Level on Record

www.breitbart.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - More ominous signs Wednesday have scientists saying that a global warming "tipping point" in the Arctic is happening before their eyes: Sea ice in the Arctic Ocean has melted to its second lowest lowest level since satellite observations began.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This will have a huge impact on our weather in the coming years.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Warmer poles = No Thermohaline circulation.

Time to dig out my woolly earmuffs.

Kidding aside,this is looking problematic,whether it be due to man-made global warming or a natural cycle..It would certainly put the theories to the test it it did indeed stop the Atlantic conveyor.

I think the immediate concerns for Europe will be an increase of severe weather seen in the Americas..Tornadoes/Higher strength Hurricanes.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough if the refreeze doesn't take place in around a month.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think its probably i bit of man - made and natural.

but we are contributing a lot more than we used to though like with all the cars and planes and such.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

I'd tend to agree with you.
Walking through town I'm constantly amazed how many cars are parked up and down the streets.
People using them to travel a couple of hundred metres instead of using their legs.

The planet's looking like a metal and concrete factory.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Im only 16 now and i dont really want a car and when i told my mate he were propper shocked just cause i dont want a car.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think thats great. We need a northern passage. Imagine all the carbon saved by reduced fuel the freighters will use by taking advantage of the elusive Norther passage. More access to rich fishing grounds, and don't forget the oil & gas waiting to be extracted.

Don't worry about the animals. They will adapt. I recall there were spotted owl found living in Walmart signs a few years ago when conservationists were clambering to save the old growth forests for fear they would be threatened. lol

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I saw a news report the other day where some Polar Bears were spotted out in the open ocean swimming North. It said that Polar bears have been known to swim up to 100 miles to reach the pack ice, but the only problem was the Pack Ice was 400 miles North of the bears.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Sparky63]

new topics

top topics

join