It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid Water seeps at Phoenix site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

That is easy to see.

Sol 86

Sol 87, morning

Sol 87, afternoon

The order is correct, what is missing is the other photo before these.

Sol 84, morning.

Armap
Why do you say Sol 84 was missing?
Is there a cover up going on?

Sol-84 in living color.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Woodlock

It was (and still is) missing from the page presented on the Opening Post, just that.

As that page does not show the full sequence of all images available (and they are too many for me to post) it is easy for people not to understand what happened, because the first scoop of material left the ice visible and the first photo on that page does not show any ice.

I hope I haven't make things worse with my explanation.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sorry, double post, I clicked twice on the button.

[edit on 30/8/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
ArMap
Then why not show the photo before Sol-84?
Because it's to much work ?
OR
You're being lazy?
OR
It mite some thing you can't go along with?

The earlier photo that show Cupboard was five days (sols) earlier.

Sol-79

Five Sols means five time the Sun can melt and evaporate water.

You say; "it's easy to see what's going on here.
What is going on here at Cupboard on Sol79.
(hint: it's not easy)
(clue: look at sol74)

Sol-74 Dodo & Cupboard

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Woodlock
ArMap
Then why not show the photo before Sol-84?
Because it's to much work ?
Yes, that was what I said, because it's not "the" photo, there are several photos of that trench.

OR
You're being lazy?
If I think it's too much work it's because I am being lazy.

And I get back to work on Monday.

OR
It mite some thing you can't go along with?
I can "go along" with anything a photo shows, I don't have any problem with that, whatever that something might be.

You say; "it's easy to see what's going on here.
No, I do not say that and I did not said that either, read what I wrote again if you need, what I wrote, as an answer to Soylent Green Is People's doubt about the order of the photos, was:

That is easy to see.
What I meant was that it was (and still is) easy to see if the photos are correctly ordered, and I never said "what's going on here", that you wrote by yourself, I never said that.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That is easy to see.
What I meant was that it was (and still is) easy to see if the photos are correctly ordered, and I never said "what's going on here", that you wrote by yourself, I never said that.

But you never said what it is easy for you to see if the photos are in the "correct order". Photo's have alway been in the correct order, you just added one to the first photo at Bob's web link that started this thread.
Why stop at sol-84 why not go back to the start at Sol-67. Sol-67 is the start of the Cupboard dig.

What do you see? mann
Ice and water?

Sol-67

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
See what you made me do, you made me work some more.

Here is a list of all images from "Upper Cupboard" I could find, created by me using the original geyscale images for each chanel (it's more interesting than using the images provided by NASA).

First Sol with that trench, Sol 79.

Sol 80

Sol 82

Sol 84

Sol 86

Sol 87

Sol 88

Sol 90

As anyone can see, there are various volumes of ice (I suppose it's ice) on the different photos, but the most interesting was when I noticed that some photos are almost greyscale, although they are a combination of red, green and blue channels.

That means that the images are almost the same, so with no difference between colours we get a grey image.

It was then that I noticed that the bigger difference was not in the shade of grey for each channel (red should be brighter, blue the darker, with green almost as dark as the blue), was the shape and size of the ice patch, so I decided to make some animations to see it better.

The time each photo was taken is on the upper left corner of the image.

Sol 87
Full size (512x512) image

Sol 88
Full size (1024x1024, 2MB) image

Sol 90
Full size (1024x1024, 4MB) image

[edit on 31/8/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

But you never said what it is easy for you to see if the photos are in the "correct order".
What I said (or at least I was trying to say) was that it is easy to see if the images are in the correct order or not, because Soylent Green Is People doubted it.

By adding the previous photo it was easy to see that the order was really correct.

Why stop at sol-84 why not go back to the start at Sol-67. Sol-67 is the start of the Cupboard dig.
Why must I say everything twice?

Because I did not wanted to waste the 3 hours that I wasted today making the post above this.

What do you see? mann
Ice and water?
What I see is some white stuff that I do not know what it is. NASA says it is water ice, I do not have any way of confirming it and I don't have any reason to doubt it, so I accept their information as correct.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Here is a list of all images from "Upper Cupboard" I could find,

You found quit a few of them. Good work.
Like I always say: trust your own work first.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Woodlock

I do trust my work, but the time I lost because of your undue doubts and dubious quotations of my posts is something I can never get back.

But seeing the positive side, I got some good animations showing the ice patch growing.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

But seeing the positive side, I got some good animations showing the ice patch growing.

No no no you don't.
You have nice animated gifs showing the order the different filter were taken in.
Each filter is responding differently to the white color of the water/ice.
Higher wavelength (red) less of the ice is seen, lower wavelengths can see the cool ice more easily just as a blue filter will show clouds and atmosphere and a red filter is used to look through the atmosphere.

So all your work is for nothing

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You have nice animated gifs showing the order the different filter were taken in.
I did not said that those were the animations with the ice patch growing, did I?

Those I haven't posted yet.

Edit: I made a mistake on my previous post, the other animations are with the disappearing ice patch, not the growing ice patch.

Sorry.

Edit 2: but something appears.

[edit on 31/8/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
ArcMap your link for sol 88 wouldn't load is Windows or Firefox:

img184.imageshack.us...

I also with to THANK YOU sincerely
for the time, work and talent you put into this question so far....but more especially for both you and Woodlock for the GENORSITY in SHARING that with all of the rest of us.

It is SINCERELY and gratefully appreciated.

There are fewenough folks OUTSIDE NASA that I ALWAYS thank and am apreciative of those that re-check NASA's work and trust their OWN processing to TRULY find out what is happening rather than simply "believe" a NASA Press release simply beause it's from NASA.

We have learned the HARD way since 1976 that NASA's PR's are NOT always true and accurate and outside independant people re-doing the work with the RAW data is always important.

And why it also important to applaud those who do the work at hoe and SHARE their ralent aand work with the rest of us.

Again it IS appreciated. Thank you.

I still think there is an "on-going" action here.

Bob...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join