It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prince and GM / Morgellons and agrobacterium connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
haven't seen any topics posted on this and as i have been following the morgellons story to a certain extent i decided to put these two articles together.. although i just don't assume a connection i find it ironic for both articles come to my attention together..

the prince speaks out again.. this time it's GM..
he seems to keep jumping out of the trench..

Prince 'must prove anti-GM claim'

Prince Charles has his own organic farm at his Gloucestershire estate
The environment minister has challenged Prince Charles to prove his claim that GM crops could cause a global environmental disaster.

to continue the story
here

Morgellons

Morgellons Disease first became known in 2001, when Mary Leitao created a web site describing the illness in her young son, which she named after a 17th century medical study in France describing similar symptoms [3]. Until then, people with Morgellons Disease have been diagnosed as cases of “delusional parasitosis”, in which the symptoms are deemed entirely imaginary, and lesions allegedly due to self-inflicted wounds.

The Agrobacterium connection

Vitaly Citovsky is a professor of molecular and cell biology at Stony Brook University in New York (SUNY). He is a world authority on the genetic modification of cells by Agrobacterium, a soil bacterium causing crown gall disease in plants, that has been widely used in creating genetically modified (GM) plants since the 1980s because of its ability to transfer a piece of its genetic material, the T-DNA on its tumour-inducing (Ti) plasmid to the plant genome (see later for details).

Citovsky’s team took scanning electron microscope pictures of the fibres in or extruding from the skin of patients suffering from Morgellons disease, confirming that they are unlike any ordinary natural or synthetic fibres (see Fig. 1, assembled from Citovsky’s website [8]).

Figure 1. Scanning electron microscope images of fibres from skin biopsies of patients with Morgellons Disease - a, white fibre with calcite, scale bar 10 mm; b, green fibre with alumina ‘rock’ protruding, scale bar 20 mm; c, various ribbon-like, cylindrical and faceted fibres all coated with minerals, scale bar 10 mm; d, skin lesion with fibres stabbing through the epidermis, scale bar 300 mm

They also analysed patients for Agrobacterium DNA. Skin biopsy samples from Morgellons patients were subjected to high-stringency polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests for genes encoded by the Agrobacterium chromosome and also for Agrobacterium virulence (vir) genes and T-DNA on its Ti plasmid. They found that “all Morgellons patients screened to date have tested positive for the presence of Agrobacterium, whereas this microorganism has not been detected in any of the samples derived from the control, healthy individuals.” Their preliminary conclusion is that “Agrobacterium may be involved in the etiology and/or progression” of Morgellons Disease.

Extensive genetic manipulation of Agrobacterium does have the potential to transform it into an aggressive human pathogen. Genetic engineering is nothing if not enhanced and facilitated horizontal gene transfer and recombination, which is widely acknowledged to be the main route for creating new pathogens. Mae-Wan Ho was among an international panel of scientists have raised this very issue in 1998, calling for a public enquiry into the possible contributions of genetic engineering biotechnology to the aetiology of infectious diseases which has greatly increased since genetic engineering began in the 1970s [16].

to continue the story
here
.. it's a bit of a read but quite informing..

daz__

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I saw this the other day, thought it was very interesting that he took time out of pony playing or whatever. Now what could the hidden agenda be???

Someone near and dear? Maybe his own fields? Interesting isn't it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
cool.. glad to see someone else finds this interesting too..
but in fairness to the prince this is not the first time he stands up for something.
the prince has always been a champion to a certain degree..
the conspiricy with the prince i see as the memory of diana working through the grave.. she must have had a good influence on this man.. i also don't think economics has anything to do with the princes stance.. sustainable farming is not as profitable as current agricultural methods so its not for the money..

i reckon the prince has broken his programming a little and understand the dangers of GM of the food chain.. perhaps he is privy to knowledge of some dark plot to alter the human geanum with these GM crops and GM soil to transfer part of it's genetic code to a chosen target whether plant or animal.

mad stuff and i don't understand a lot of it.. bit technical for me but i get the idea..

daz__

join