It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military helicopter training to continue over Portland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Military helicopter training to continue over Portland

www.kgw.com

Don't worry -- Portland is not under attack.

Low flying military helicopters buzzing downtown Portland looked like a scene out of a movie.

Monday night’s drama was all part of a military exercise.

Newschannel Eight has learned, the Army and Navy are conducting Urban Military Training in Portland and Salem from August 17-30.

The training will include “low visibility movement, military operations in urban terrain, manual and low weight explosive breaching, fast-rope insertion, live fire” and other exercises according to a memo from Portland Mayor Tom Potter to the Navy’s Special Warfare Development Group.

A spokesperson in Mayor Potter’s office says, the military asked permission to conduct the training last November. The Portland Police Bureau’s specially trained SERT unit is involved in the training.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is strange. I was directed by a friend in Portland, OR about this. There's little information available, but I wouldn't know exactly where to look.

This is scary.

www.kgw.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I wanted to add my home state to the mix. There have been military helicopters flying around here alot. And this is why:

gov.state.nv.us...

At least that's what they're saying.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I wanted to add that my friend, who gave me the heads up on the events in Portland, said that there were also many rooftop helicopter landings and that it looked like a roundup exercise. He also said there were mercs from private companies with them.

I have no way to currently verify this information, and I would like any help to decipher whether or not this is the case.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Police state fear mongering is all it is. Or prepping for martial law.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
What the heck are they doing Military training in our cities anyway. Do they know something we dont. Fort Lewis has lots of buildings to train with. Oh well its just "Military Intelligence".............hehe

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I wonder what Captain May has to say about this, I havent been to his website since last year or so, he is the authority in such matters.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I hate how the military inconvienences all of our lives with their training. Who do they think they are? I prefer the military spend more time doing the dirty jobs we send them to do without bringing it to our peaceful city and disrupting our lives. They should remain confined to there bases and only come when we need them. Very disrupting, very scary. I hope no contractors round me up in the middle of the night.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Last three days I've seen a Sea Hawk, CH-53E, C-130, and a Chinook. All but the Chinook are new sights for me above Southern California. Makes me wonder if something bigger might be going on whether it be training or something else.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by racerzeke]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I live here in Portland, ill give you all some food for though about this..
Its an ultimate show of how much control the military industrial complex has over us. Portland, and Seattle are the ultimate hotbeds of liberal, free thinking, non conformest, protest hotbeds of the United states. We have been the voice of reason for a long time here. I can go on and on, but you all know about us here in Portland.. We are dubbed "little beirut" by both bushes after all...
So what im saying is that by doing an exercise like this, they are showing that they can flex there muscles even in the hart of the resistance.
Well last night, we had a call of arms here, thousands of us shined flashlights on these black helocopters, while they were doing yet another round of exercises, to show we are watching them..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Have you noticed anyone who might look like a merc?
I've been trying to find out what this is all about, and if mercs are involved then we are in serious trouble.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
To be honest, we have seen so much strange activity in the last few days, im not sure how deep this is. Over 1,000 of us here in Portland, that belong to a local "watchdog" group, have noticed over 160 vehicles with D.H.S plates ( Department of Homeland Security).. And where they parked, within 3 hours, the black choppers were hovering over that 2 square blocks, doing there repelling crap.. Its deeper than people think...
We got swarmed a few hours ago, we were flashing high intensity beam flashlights on them, while they were "training". 30 people got arrested, and alot of us ran off and escaped into the night.. This is going to be suppressed by our local media, just like half the protests we do here... We wont put up with this bull sh!t here in Portland, and they dam well know it..

[edit on 29-8-2008 by lucidvisions]

new topics

top topics

join