It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans get microchipped over kidnapping fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Mexicans get microchipped over kidnapping fears

technology. newscientist.com

Affluent Mexicans worried by soaring kidnapping rates are spending thousands of dollars to implant tiny transmitters under their skin so satellites can help find them even when stuffed in the boot of a car.

Kidnapping jumped almost 40% between 2004 and 2007 in Mexico, according to official statistics. Mexico ranks with conflict zones like Iraq and Colombia as one of the worst countries for abductions. The recent kidnapping and murder of Fernando Marti, 14, the son of a well-known businessman, sparked an outcry in a country already hardened to crime.

More people, including a growing number of middle-class Mexicans, are seeking to have a microchip implanted under their skin by Xega, a Mexican security firm whose sales jumped 13% this year. The company claims to have more than 2,000 clients.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow... people are starting to RFID themselves. Looks like the government really do have control over us. If the people here in America starts to chip themselves because of whatever the government tells them then its game over.

technology. newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"Mexico ranks with conflict zones like Iraq and Colombia as one of the worst countries for abductions."
I don't think there doing it because of fear because of any government propaganda stuff.
They just don't want to die and rot to death in the boot of a car.
When someone can find them and save them.
Abductions are done there for money.
They rank with Iraq and Columbia.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
eh, Governments only have control over you if you allow it. Personally, I would rather die of heat than be tracked like I am a piece of property.

However, I support the right of the mex's or anyone else being chipped should they so desire for whatever reasons (don't understand it, but whatever). I just tend to look at myself as a temporary fixture on this planet anyway and am gonna die one day, so why not go out like a person free of the control from other ppl.. when I die, I die.. just doing my part upon death in helping to control the population

[edit on 26-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There is already a thread about this here

top topics

join