It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gas price would make you happy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It's kindof obvious what is happening right now. The gas price will go down before the election, then in Jan or Feb, it will shoot up again. It happens every time there is an election, and most people are too worried about themselves to even notice. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

I remember when I first started driving and gas was 99 cents a gallon (10 years ago). Gas wasn't a 'monthy expense' I just put 10 bucks in and was good to go for almost a week.

I personally think an ideal price for gas is about $1.20 a gallon, I think even $2 is ridiculous, and people shouldn't be happy with anything that is not around $1 a gallon.

What do you think is a fair price?

When you name your price, keep in mind that we don't want the oil executives kids starving or having to go to public school!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
When I was a child. I rember my father giving me a quarter and an old metal gas can,
I walked to the corner gas station, got a gallon of gas. And had two cents left over to get gum out of the gumball machene.
That is a price to be happy about.
I hear that there are some oil producing countries that sell gas for less than a dollar.
Still thats not .23 cents.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Good question.

I could live with $2.00 / gal.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I remember early in the Bush2 presidency paying $1.28 a gallon.
$2.56 would double that. Gas doubled during W's tenure. But wait....
$3.84 is triple what I paid for gas early in the Bush2 years which is about where it is now.

That is some kind of legacy. Gasoline prices have tripled. Oil company profits are up.

"Drill offshore and way up north and we will bring the price down."
-fictional character

Uh, yeah that worked well in Iraq didn't it?

What gas price would make me happy? How about $1.50 per gallon?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well I remember pulling into a service station when I was a kid and seeing my dad give the guy $5 and say fill it up and he'd get change, plus they'd ask to check the fluids, tire pressure and wash the windows. Gas was 29.9 cents a gallon in 1969.

When I began to drive in 1979 I think it was about double that, maybe 65 cents a gallon. It went up and down and the last time I paid under a dollar a gallon was right before y2k when they quit selling leaded regular gas.

Life would be easier if it was $1.50 - 1.75 a gallon, but realistically we'd be lucky to see $2.50. The taxes are more than what I paid for gas when I stared driving - it's not just the oil companies making a killing.

What will make me happy is a plug in electric car that I can charge for $3.00 worth of electricity and drive for 300 miles a charge. Even without an on board generator I could carry an emergency solar panel recharger that I could set up to get enough juice to get me to the next socket.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by verylowfrequency]

top topics

join