It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Reports Delays Due to Problem With System That Processes Flight Plans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Quiet here in DFW area, too. My office is right under the approach to Love Field. anyhoo - back to work.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

...says the problem that occurred Tuesday afternoon involves an FAA facility in Hampton, Ga., south of Atlanta

See?? I KNEW it had something to do with Georgia.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This could be the SHOE we've been waiting to drop???

Whats next? Lights out for everyone tonight?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HatTrick

The Russians do have a sense of humor.

Regardless of what Manson thinks.

[edit on 26/8/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This framegrab from video, provided by CNN, shows a graphic indicating the large number of commercial flights affected by a communication failure at a Georgia facility that processes flight plans for the eastern half of the United States, Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2008. FAA spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says there are no safety issues and officials are still able to speak to pilots on planes on the ground and in the air.

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Makes you wonder, dosen't it? There could be a reason to ground the flights other than computer problems. We will never know for sure. God I hate being so cynicial! We have no choice.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ok, I have read and reread all the news on this and I still dont know anything more than - There are major computer problems, but nothing is wrong...
Hellooooo?

I dont know what is wrong, but it is painfully obvious that someone is messing with something they shouldnt be.

I have been waiting for Pres. Bush to make this speech I have been hearing about since the big news alert at noon. Its not very comforting to see this instead of him. And that says a lot. Your first thought was of 911 mine was of pearl harbor, but they said the radar is fine as is everything else.

So, what is this problem that... isnt? Im so confused.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Dang Plucky step back from the edge bro! I read a lot of your posts and you sound scared by any number of things. Everything is gonna be okay-trust me!

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I saw this on CNN too, thanks for posting, I was waiting for someone to....

Being on edge and a borderline paranoid with everything happening with Russia, can this be a precursor to something? A new 9/11 situation? plucky is scared.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arktkchr

I don't get this,, now they say they can actually TALK to the pilots ??? (in the quote provide from this post)

I thought the reason for concern originally was they could NOT but that they still had them on radar????

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
.....proves how antiquated the U.S. infrastructure system is:

Problems at the same Georgia facility in June caused severe delays throughout the system.

www.avweb.com...

With hours of flight delays due to computer glitches over the weekend and today’s scary and sketchy report about five near-collisions above New York airports, the state of the nation’s air traffic control system is getting its share of attention.

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com... (6/11/2007)

Another update:

A failure in the agency’s flight plan processing system, called NADIN, took place around 1:25 p.m. Eastern Time, an F.A.A. spokesman, Paul Takemoto said.

The most seriously affected were Logan International Airport in Boston, Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta, and O’Hare and Midway airports in Chicago.

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by arktkchr]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Planes are taking off from El Paso International airport now

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
all looks ok here at Kansas City, I went to the website to see how the flights were going today, all are on time, there was one leaving here at 4:12 pm CST, so I wouldn't get too worked up about it. www.flykci.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I just wanted to post a link to a thread I started back in September of '06

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of the links posted above mine it talked about the 5 near misses over New York. It blames the lack of funding for air traffic controllers. In that thread that I just posted the link to, it talks about how congress cut their budget reducing the amount of eyes in the skys to a disturbing level, and how the air traffic controllers tried to keep this from happening. No one thought this was a big deal at the time. Well, those who were getting ready to retire, retired, and they did not hire any more air traffic controllers. Apparently they are not getting much needed updates either.

Just wanted to provide proof before I point my finger at our govt. for this one.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Bro? I am a girl, sir! I thank you for trying to calm me down, but please, address me as a girl.

Is this thing remedied yet? Any planes fall out of the sky? NORAD stand down?

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Dang Plucky step back from the edge bro! I read a lot of your posts and you sound scared by any number of things. Everything is gonna be okay-trust me!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by pluckynoonez]

[edit on 26-8-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here is an update CNN

The FAA said the source of the computer software malfunction was a "packet switch" that "failed due to a database mismatch."

I especially loved this part

The flight delays drew new criticism for the Federal Aviation Administration, which has been scrutinized over air traffic controller staffing levels and inspection standards for its ground-based equipment.

Who's fault is that????

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Good story but its BS, Look what was going on at Portland Oregon PDX, The army special ops and the navy seal's were out in force all over Portland and the airport rumor's have it that some one has got SA2's or stingers and are going to use them.
Capt Jack

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Capt Jack

Holy COW!!!

Please tell me your full of poop!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join