It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman in Saskatchewan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I was having a conversation with a real nice fellow one day who shared something interesting with me. He said that there are some folks in the southern area of Saskatchewan who claim to have seen a mothman creature in those parts of the province. Something they are not too likely to speak about either. It was the first time I had heard about this and of course it peaked my interest. I am still waiting for the day when I can actually run into someone who has seen this creature. Has anyone else heard of the mothman in Saskatchewan?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don't think the climate would be very mothman freindly myself.
But who knows?

I thought I would put a link to where Saskatchewan is, as probably most folks might not know where it is because they don't have maps.

Link to great white north Map
Saskatchewan : en.wikipedia.org...

Mothman seems to bring trouble to the places he's seen (I'm sure you read - The Mothman prophecies - by John Keel) one of my favorite weird classic book.

So, report back here if anything bad happens in Saskatchewan.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Crazy, isn't something bad supposed to happen when you see him. Could someone fill me in on the legend?

I suggest a giant size light bulb and some fishing net should catch this guy. lol just being dumb.

anyways whats the story behind these mothmens?

peace.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wikipedia - Mothman

The above is a link which shares some info. I know I have seen the movie "The Mothman Prophecies" but I never really took a keen interest in it.

I was just stunned to hear folks have reportedly seen the creature here.

I almost forgot to add that the creature was seen by First Nations people and that it occurred on or near a reserve. I was told this by someone who came from the area.

[edit on 8/25/2008 by BindareDundat]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have heard of Mothman. I first heard of it on youtube. If I remember correctly, you see it, it's gone, and then bad things happen.

These things can range from car crashes, to deaths, to natural disaster.

I don't have much insight on the appearance of Mothman, but i know a little. It's basically a 6 foot tall moth.

But it's just a myth. It's like Bigfoot or Nessy.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

Thats realy very interesting as I think about it after reading your new post today.

After reading your post I thought..if you had the time and where with-all maybe you could track down the sources of these sightings and get some first hand witness statements (and stories) and even get someone to do a sketch (like those police artist do from descriptions) of the creature.

You could then compare the sketches of all the witnesses descriptions of Mothman.

You would be basically doing what John Keel did in his book Mothman prophecies, by "following the trail" of these reports.

In the meanwhile.. if you get strange phone calls and/or men in black type people reported by witnesses or even by you...who knows; you might have a book on your hands!

Just thinking out loud.

By the way. .have any of your News sources way up there mentioned anything? (related)

I'm in Florida.. but I'd think about helping out if this seems real. (like I said before ..who knows..)

Plus ...if you can get enough sources from something like this ..wow!!

Also, if you don't want to do any (of the above) research I'd suggest you e-mail www.nickredfern.com......he'd probably would like to hear about this, and look into it also if it seems worth the trouble.

Later!

Ruff

[edit on 26-8-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Gosh I have enough on my plate with my research. Which is why I resigned as CEO of Saskatchewan Provincial Paranormal Research Center SPPRC Inc. (formerly Northwest Saskatchewan UFO Research Centre - NWSURC). After 4 years of being all over the place, I just want to concentrate on one field only. I did refer the gentleman to the membership of SPPRC Inc. Hopefully he will approach them with it. I was just curious lastnight if anyone else had heard of it as well.

join