It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS is NOT a Garbage Dump, Void, nor is it Oblivion!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Some posters on ATS feel that BTS is a void, a garbage dump, or some sort of trash bin for threads. This simply is not true.

BTS exists for lighthearted off topic and general chit chat where members can talk in a civilized and less confrontational way. It is a place where one can get answers to computer needs, discuss deep personal relationships, tell a joke, discuss religion, discuss great recipes, get help with car issues, and in general Deny Boredom

Frankly it offends me that some members would think this way. There are some absolute great threads here on BTS. The validity of the threads here on BTS hold as much weight (sometimes more so) than threads on ATS. I know more than a few members that almost exclusively participate on BTS because they feel more comfortable posting here than they do on ATS. To state that BTS is a garbage dump, a void, or it's a place to post junk threads says that these posters (myself included) are ourselves invalid.

And that makes me mad and offends me personaly.

So to those members that feel that BTS is a waste of bandwidth, I say "I deny your ignorance, and I choose to deny boredom here on BTS"

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The thing is too I have found some wonderful and deep conversatins here as well along with the lighthearted chat. So yeah I haven't hit ATS much yet and I shall eventually but so far I think BTS is wonderful

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I started on ATS, and wondered why I always ended up on BTS!
I kinda thought the same at first because if it did'nt have the word Alien, or Ghosts..etc in it...I was'nt interested!
...and I was always like WTF is this?

Then I noticed a members pic thread and paid more attention! lol
Now it is hard for me to go to ATS again!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
bts is groovy. i like ats alot but i like bts better. ats has alot of stories about things which are so old and tired. bigfoot chupacabra greys aliens ufos and so many predictions of things which never seem to happen. say something there and a nice percentage of the board will jump all over you and be hostile. i guess bts is a dumping ground. its for people who want to enjoy posting rather than trying to prove how superior their intellect is. bts even has a star wars master who doesn't mind showing himself passed out in his underwear. lets ask him if he can get his friend r2d2 to shut off the trash compactor so bts can live forever.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It just drives me nuts when I read people on ATS say things like "This thread belongs in BTS" or "I thought this belonged in the oblivion of BTS". Like the fun stuff here isn't worthy of being read. Sure BTS is fun. that doesn't mean it's not important.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Like Given..(hi Given
)....I started out in ATS, but eventually I found my way to BTS and decided to stay. I have a hard time taking things too seriously...that trait is not always as welcome over there.

And WUK, those same people mocking the lighter side of BTS are the same ones that probably need to spend a little time here. They obviously take things in life way too serious and quite frankly probably are not very personable (is tha a word....it's BTS...who cares, right? hehe). But they would rather spend their looking and debating for answers that they will probably not get.

They need a good cookie recipe!

BTS ROCKS!!!

Rush

[edit on 25-8-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
mmmhmm, I started in ATS, now I live at BTS.... but I still go over to ATS to hangout ever now and again to see what funky threads they have going over there.

I wish more people used BTS, it would make it a lot better then it is now, but thats not to say that BTS isnt goot at the moment.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well said whatu

Its good for a break of all the "100% truth of god", "i killed an alien with my bare hands", "im from the future" and "everythings a conspiracy" type threads on ATS

BTS= Gold

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I have to admit, I need to spend more time in BTS. (Not just to get my BTS points up) but to chill out a bit. I have enjoyed many a thread here.
It is often treated like the poor cousin of ATS and I once thought that way as well. Like Oz said, you need a break from the hot heads in ATS. I have noticed some crossover members are a hell of a lot calmer when posting in BTS.

Maybe this thread should be sent to ATS to get the message across. After all, who will read it besides BTSers?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
yea viking, I thought of putting it on the BB&Q but it really was more of a rant, and well, rants belong here in the rant forum.

It's more of a pet peve of mine that people see BTS that way. I really like it over here. ATS is great and all, but cmon. Theres just so much doom, gloom, conspiracy, reptilian, ufo stuff one can read.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
everything posted in this thread is the truth.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I agree...pretty little star for you

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brain Damaged
bts even has a star wars master who doesn't mind showing himself passed out in his underwear. lets ask him if he can get his friend r2d2 to shut off the trash compactor so bts can live forever.

the guy can just never get a break can he.

ehhh..he brings it on himself.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hey, I damn well live here...and I'm a neat freak. NO living in a garbage dump for me.
Gonna go out on a limb here-
In my opinion, BTS has a HIGHER QUALITY of intelligent threads than ATS.
Yes, I said that. Wanna flame me for it?
C'mon, I triple dog dare you.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
While I somewhat agree with AD I won't exactly invite a flaming war. That's just what the folks in ATS probably wanna see.

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
ATS and BTS compliment each other and balance each other very well. I am happy to have both because I think I have met some really great people. Most of my ATS frineds I met though BTS. I love you guys.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

mmhmmm, there are so many people that you wouldnt meet by just using ATS. I just dont get why people would say BTS is such a dump, we have great conversations over here and its just a great place for chilling out.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by funky monk]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
There is no doubt there is flaming and trolling here but is that any different than most other forums?

I think it's been long enough and I will go to ATS tonight at work and see what I think.

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I probably spend more time reading on ATS and nearly everyday find something fascinating in there.But i probably post more here in BTS and have got to know a few members that hang here better.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
While I somewhat agree with AD I won't exactly invite a flaming war. That's just what the folks in ATS probably wanna see.

-Kyo

Wasn't inviting it..just letting it be known I'm ready for it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join