It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophetic Dreams...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Ever since I was little I have always have vivid dreams. Dreams so clear they seem more real than actual life. How can I be sure when im awake or sleeping anymore? Anyway, the point is... the last few years i've had NO "good" dreams. All my dreams are bad and of a malicious nature. Its always the world ending, or me dying. I've seen the world end hundreds of times over. I've seen a meteor hit, a brilliant flash, tsunami waves, nukes being dropped... hell, i've even seen our pretty little planet fall into the sun from an "out-of-the-world" point of view. I've seen the world end in basically every conceivable way possible, I think.

Also, my other dreams of me dying keep happening. I am either shot, or stabbed. I've been hit in driveby's, stabbed in my chest, even had my throat slit and lived out the rest of my dream bleeding to death. Most of the time i'm double crossed by somebody. Usually a relative. Is this something I should heed? Should I expect a relative to stab me in the back when im not looking? Or are these just products of my subconscious. Keep in mind... NO good dreams for the past few years, none. Only nightmares. With the 2012 thing coming up soon, the world ending dreams keep getting more and more intense. I wake up nautious, sweating with tears streaming from my eyes some nights and cant seem to end these dreams. Ideas? Input anyone?

-Z-

Edit: Spellcheck.

[edit on 8/25/2008 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Say the world was going to end like you dreamed. Why worry? Don't worry anymore, everything is going to be okay. Whether we all die or not, it's the very harsh reality of life, ever since the first teeming batch of primordial soup was made. One thing you should never do is live a life of fear and anxiety, you only live once. Say "F" it and smile when you see that nuke drop down on the Earth in your dreams.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I feel where you're coming from. I've accepted that im going to one day die. It took me a while but im OK with that now. But when im in my dream, its so much more intense... fire is hotter than i've ever felt anything in my life, my sadness isnt sad, its EXTREMELY sad. Something isnt painful like normal, its EXCRUTIATING!! Everything that i'd feel in reality is 5 times worse in my dreams. If my dreams are more realistic than my life, how can I be sure my real life isnt the dream? Ugh, its too weird.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
maybe you are just more sensitive to your emotions when you're sleeping. Do you live a stressful life? Are you always optimistic about everything? Atleast you know you aren't an emotionless zombie.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Lmao, good point. Yes, im VERY stressed at the moment and for the past 2 years. I went from having a nice stabile life to living in the gutter scraping to survive everyday. Had trouble with my family, friends. Got stabbed twice in the last year and a half... but the problem is, i've been having these dreams since before this rough time. So whats the deal?

Yeah, im not an emotionless zombie, but sometimes I wish I was.
By the way, thanks for responding man, it helps to talk sometimes cuz im so damn confused by all of this. Any light shed just lifts shadows, ya know?

-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Maybe you just go to bed with bad thoughts, or worrying before you sleep. It could have became a conditioned response to make you have nightmares everytime you sleep. Find somthing that makes you happy or listen to music while you fall asleep. Try that.

I'm glad I could help you somewhat. I hope you get to the bottom of your problem, lets just hope you aren't psychic, lol, however cool that would be.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Oh yes, it would definately be awesome to have psychic abilities.

Anyone elses take on the subject?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZyPHeR
Oh yes, it would definately be awesome to have psychic abilities.

Anyone elses take on the subject?

Hi ZyPHeR

Sorry to hear about your bad dream experiences, i hope you can figure out a way to bring back some good ones. As mentioned in another reply here, music is a fantastic way to fall asleep and may induce a good dream. I love music and had a time when i just couldn't sleep so i listened to Enya, it worked !! Anyway .. the reason i'm replying, i searched for a thread like this as i have recently had bad dreams. Every now and again i dream of huge muddy and dirty tsunamis heading for me, but recently i have them like nearly every week, i recently had a dream where i was with my wife and the huge dirty tsunami was closing in on us and we ran under a bridge and the last i remember was the wave right above us, it was absolutely terrifying. Just last night i had a dream where i was at some coastal area and people where in awe at the sky, there was a huge white arc and someone said something horrible was happening on the other side of the planet that was heading our way so we got as high as possible, then it just rained and rained so hard, the whole town was flooded and it was raising and raising, i just knew it was all over for us, i just had that same feeling that we were going to die.

I hope all works out for you in life and dreamworld .. take care

Regards

satellite1

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Yeah, i've had dreams like that except im with my brother, sister or mom and all I can think about is keeping my family alive. Watching them die is the WORST. I listen to music to go to sleep sometimes but its all like:

TechN9ne
Mac Dre
Mistah Fab
Brotha Lynch Hung

Gangster rap stuff ya know? I figured thats what was triggering my dreams but even when i dont listen to it I still have them. I have been totally restless the last few years. I'd say out of every 24 hours I average maybe 3 hours of sleep.

Hope your dreams get back to being good too bud. This terrifying stuff is NONSENSE!!!
Regards.
-Z-

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Maybe its because of your avatar ...that is enough to give me bad dreams too .

Ok on a serious note ..I have dreams too and many many come true
Ever since I was a child I have had dreams that show me things to come in my personal life and in others lives ...
I have very few nightmares actually ..but do get some end of the world type dreams that do scare me a little ....

The bible tells us why we have dreams you know ..
Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, [yet man] perceiveth it not.

Job 33:15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

Job 33:16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,

Job 33:17 That he may withdraw man [from his] purpose, and hide pride from man.

Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Oooo, nice bible quotings.

Yeah, i've had deja vu more times than I can count... I dont know if thats predicting something but it always happens... i'll dream something and then a few days later i'll be living it, I can even almost tell everybody what theyre gonna say, where they'll be standing etc.
Its odd how these things all happen... the universe is a neverending mystery...
-Z-

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZyPHeR
Yeah, i've had dreams like that except im with my brother, sister or mom and all I can think about is keeping my family alive. Watching them die is the WORST. I listen to music to go to sleep sometimes but its all like:

TechN9ne
Mac Dre
Mistah Fab
Brotha Lynch Hung

Gangster rap stuff ya know? I figured thats what was triggering my dreams but even when i dont listen to it I still have them. I have been totally restless the last few years. I'd say out of every 24 hours I average maybe 3 hours of sleep.

Hope your dreams get back to being good too bud. This terrifying stuff is NONSENSE!!!
Regards.
-Z-

I'm not familiar with your music yet i'm open to most music, maybe try something more subtle for a few nights, even if it means going against your typical type of music so to speak, do you have any calming music ?? if not do you have a radio ?? i don't know where you live but i'm sure you'd be able to tune a classical station in. Myself i'm into the likes of Hendrix, Led Zep, English Indie through to Otis Redding, Eva Cassidy and the odd classical .. my point is if you play something more relaxing even if its not your day to day stuff, just to try sleep, it may have a very different effect to your dreams .. maybe worth a try mate.
Just as a slight off-shoot .. do you ever have lucid dreams ?? i have had these dreams and they are very exciting and real .. i don't know how to induce them and i haven't had one for some time but they are cool .. i also fly a lot in dreams which is equally cool .. maybe the music thing can give you a different angle to your dreaming ..

satellite1

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yeah, the best is when you actually realize that you are dreaming and know that you arent bound by the laws of physics. If you so please you can make Jessica Alba materialize before your very eyes, or fly off into the distance, have a sword battle with a midget or whatever fantasy you so imagine.

I know how to kinda induce those, my buddy was teaching me until he moved. Get into a relaxed state, lay down as comfortably as you can, with a goose down pillow on a waterbed or memoryfoam mattress is the best. Then listen to some calming music and every 10 seconds or so repeat the phrase "I know I am dreaming.". It will be so repetitive that a lot of times you will find yourself in your dream laying down still saying the phrase. A good way to tell if you are in a dream is to look at a clock, a book, or something with letter and or numbers and see if they make sense. Usually when I look at a digital clock in my dreams it will say weird stuff like 47:97 and crap like that.

That is however the coolest, realizing you are in a dream. I will be having the worst nightmare ever and suddenly just be aware i am in a dream and I can reverse and change anything that is happening. Once I was being chased by some sort of demon, realized I was in a dream and all of a sudden crossed my arms over my chest and declared I had the awesome power of god and I floated up to the sky in a heavenly beam and shot a ray of sun at the creature who ran and eventually exploded. Its like a real-life video game!

-Z-

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
~z~

I know about nightmares and vivid dreams. I have had them all my life. I had to sleep with the tv on or with a head set with the am radio on so I don't get to deep of a sleep and have dreams. When I do sleep in a quiet and undisturbed room, my dreams usually range from global events to fighting for my life. Now my dreams are tortured with dreams of just walking. You might think that is nothing but since I have been paralyzed for over a year now, it is a torture that is beyond describing.

I hope you find ways to cope with it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I was thinking a bit and I remember when I was 5 yrs old. Me and my older brother shared a room. We both had bed tents. I remeber having a horrible dream about war or somthing. Now, currently, my dreams aren't in color, but I distinctly remember people in Blue clothes fighting people in red clothes. It was so scary to me. I woke up and I was litterally paralyzed in fear. I was crying and I called out for my brother, but he didn't get up to help me. I don't know if I fell back to sleep or not.

I did use to have bad dreams when I was younger. Mainly about falling into the Sarlacc pit from Star Wars. But in my teens I never had bad dreams. I can't even remember the last time I had a nightmare. Maybe I just tune them out or they aren't effective without color.

I remember in High School, I fell asleep in study hall, and seen color and a magical 8-ball with all these colors, it was awesome!

top topics

join