It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeVore not among college presidents signing Amethyst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

DeVore not among college presidents signing Amethyst

www.snponline.com

Otterbein College President Brent DeVore chose not to join other Ohio college and university presidents in asking legislators to rethink the national drinking age.

DeVore was not among the list of more than 100 college presidents or chancellors to sign the Amethyst Initiative.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Honestly, I think it's time they lower the drinking age. Although I'm 21 and perfectly legal to drink, it's unfair that you can vote for a president, join the military, or smoking cancer at the age of 18. However, drinking a little alcohol is just somehow OUTRAGEOUS until you're 21..

thoughts?

www.snponline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The only problem is that what happens when all of a sudden high school seniors can get alcohol. Then all the younger kids will have a super easy time getting alcohol from their friends in the higher grade.

Many 18 year olds are still kids. Mentally, but also physically.

I don't think it's a good trade off. There will always be excessive drinking because of illegality, I'd rather have it be in College than High School.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

This is probably the most common rationale for keeping the drinking age at 21. In my opinion, it's pure NONSENSE.

For one (and as a person who spends a lot of time around sub-21 year old people), kids will drink whether or not they're legal. And at that, they'll generally drink a lot more than if they were.

And on top of that, history tends to show that illegalization of elicit substances leads to more crime, death, and suffering as a result of their "naughty naughty!" status. Never forget prohibition.

top topics

join