It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're using computer outgas to poison us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Go ahead and don't look into this because then you can just use your computer without having to worry about it. Those chemicals are good for you anyway.

If you think the chemicals that come off of your computer are the best thing ever, why don't you put your nose up to your computer's warm exhaust air and take a good long wiff. Those chemicals are neurotoxic, immunotoxic and disrupt your endocrine system and hormones.

excerpt from article:

"UC Riverside scientists interviewed for the KNBC story have done research using rat tissue that shows that PBDEs disrupt mechanisms that are responsible for releasing hormones in the body. Moreover, their work has shown that like polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), whose manufacture in the U.S. was discontinued in 1977, PBDEs alter calcium signaling in the brain - a critical mechanism for transmitting information between and within brain cells, for learning and memory, and for regulating the release of hormones in the body."

article: www.ucop.edu...

heres what you can do:

this guy says he's found a way to make enclosures while dissipating your devices heat and trapping in all the toxic chemicals.

www.rawair.net...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
no one is forced to use a computer so i dont think they are posoining us. if youre that worried stop using your computer

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I personally am a computer enthuziest. The computer "exhast" Is nothing more than warm air.

Computer componants make heat. I metal heatsink pulls the heat off of it and the fan transfers it into the air.

No conspiracy here sir. The worst that your computer is doing is using electricity and aggrivating your allergys (collects dust)

Im actually rather upset that you claim this to be a fact, and I want this labeld a hoax asap. Heat is not a nurotoxin. Learn computer engeneering than tell me that.

Simple version:
Computer parts make heat from running. The heat has to go somewhere so specaily molded metal peices (that are highly heat conductive and cheap) are used to pull the heat off the componant and transfer it into the air so that the componant doesnt overheat and burn out.

I've built several computers and am a computer gamer and take part in a computer forum. I know this to be a fact that your claims are FALSE.
[edit on 24-8-2008 by hardcoremusiclover]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

The fact is that brominated flame retardants from computers and TVs are turning up in our bodies. Warm computer air contains brominated flame retardants and other chemicals. Thats a fact. Plastic and other chemicals do outgas, that does happen. These chemicals disrupt the endocrine system, and are neurotoxic.

Study showing that this is true

www.rawair.net...

[edit on 24-8-2008 by asdf1234]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Your claims are still untrue.

Once again. The "outgas" is heat.

That heat is not enough to even cause the chemicals in the pcb to be released into the air.

Maybe get back on your medicine and the paranoia will go away.

Your processor is the hottest part of your computer. The motherboard has some sort of anti flame applicant on it...However it would take a high temperture for this to be released into the air. Doesnt It make sense that the applicant would also prevent this? Since if its releasing a gas it would be flamiable.

My cpu runs about 38C while browsing ATS. That is NOT hot enough for anychemicals to get released. The hottest it runs is 58C and the motherboard NEVER gets that hot. It will stay in the 20's and 30's.

Now if were factoringing in age. When the applicant is applied, it would leak out into the air for days and weeks I suppose. However all my componants are already weeks and months old ATLEAST before I get them.

No conspiracy here. Just hot air.

Find more credable sources.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

what about this article?

www.ehcd.com...

or this one:

www.publicresearchworks.org...

or this study:
www.computertakeback.com...

Obviously, this is a real issue, so why poo poo it, when you haven't looked into it?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Your inconclusive studies and no HARD FACTS dont prove anything.

Show me a blood test with a person who has these chemicals and directly relate it to their computer and I will belive.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They are most definatley not using computer outgas to poison usss.......ugh.....can't.....breathe......outgas......is......poi.....pois....poisonous.......

.......must........warn........others.....

[edit on 24/8/2008 by Nerevar]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
www.myvalleynews.com...

If you would have looked at the links I sent you before, they tested people and the chemicals are in the blood of every individual tested. And they're in you too.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I will agree that its possible trace amounts can be found. However, your original claim made this sound as if the heat output was 100% toxic. You made it sound as if it was like a car.

There is probbly .065% toxic output. If even.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Who is "they?" Dell? Compaq? Toshiba? I don't get the premise of your orginal post. I'll say that I do worry about new technologies having adverse effect on the human body (I can't even fathom how many wireless signals go through you each day), but even if there were some unhealthy chemicals coming from your TV or computer, it's just what it is. Not some insidious agent trying to poison us. If you are going to come up with a wild hypothesis, be prepared to offer some evidence. Chemicals? I can buy it. Vastly dangerous to us? Don't quite buy that. A plan to poison us? No, I think that's utter rubbish.

I've been doing computer work for well over 20 years now, and I'm still quite healthy. So if they are trying to poison me, they might just want to slip a pill into my food or something, that might be more effective.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The premise is that computer circuit boards, power supply, and other components warm up as they are used, when they are warm, chemicals they contain tend to evaporate or "outgas" into the air, and they we breathe these chemicals when we use a computer.

"They" tested people and found all people tested had these chemicals in their blood.

"they" is the computer take back campaign. see my previous links. they're not the only ones, others have done studies on it, and computer chemicals like flame retardants always show up. S PBDEs, a class of flame retardants, are neurotoxic and interfere with calcium uptake in the brain and memory and learning, as well as being endocrine disruptors. They really mess with your body. They vaporize from your computer and TV.

I'm just saying some people are really affected by using computers. it makes them get headaches and physical pains. Everyone always says its the EMF, but we don't realize we're breathing toxic chemicals when we use a computer.

Some people are not affected by them, at least consciously, and good for them. Wouldn't we rather not have toxins in our bodies?

It just seems suspicious that "they" (the nwo) give us steadily faster and more powerful computers, the one technology they don't keep under wraps, and encourage its use, when the internet is leading the trend decreasing their control over us. I think the outgassed toxins make people sick and increase the pharmacuetical profits, and make us all dumber... I think they're using toxic outgassing from computers and tVs to increase the number of fat and stupid people, but yes not everyone is effected to the same degree, that is obviously true. ( yes the toxins are at low levels, but they bio-accumulate, so even small exposure builds up over time in your body)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well, I think you are really reaching in your premise. If there were ways to gain control, I'd think there would be MUCH easier ways than via computing. And something as useful as the Internet is the one thing they would NOT want (if "they" even exist). So chemicals: Sure. Toxic? Not sure about that, I've been exposed to computers since their inception, and I'm just fine. Agenda of some NWO? I think that's a fantasy, and untrue.

If I were a NWO, I'd find much more effective ways to control and or poison folks than this. As far as people getting "fat" or stupid, again, that's not the fault of NWO, it's the fault of lazy people. The Internet, unlike the TV, is much more likely to increase people's intelligence, not decrease it, that seems quite counterproductive to whatever supposed goal your NWO people have.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If anything, the knowledge I gain from sitting at my computer, soaking up the bits and bytes then storing it in my brain's RAM vastly outweighs the problems I could potentially be having if this "outgas" can be found within me.

Kind of a double-edged blade too, for "them," when you think that what you gain from ATS to subsequently spread viral-like to thousands of eyes, can never be countered by the "trace amounts" of outgas.

Also, many folks who own computers, and aren't enthusiasts, tend to have lacking maintenance habits about their rigs. I don't know how many times I've been over to a friend's, co-worker's or family member's place to fix a computer that's acting strange... only to find out, their computer is in a cramped corner, surrounded tightly on all sides save the front and have little to no air circulation or cooling occurring. They never open the thing up and get the dust out!

Large build-ups of dust that eventually heat up produce a supremely foul smell I would definitely suspect of toxifying the surrounding air. Not to mention, a failing power supply is absolutely putrid!

However, I don't think "they" are doing this intentionally, because "they" don't know much about computers in the first place. "They" being the Average Joe, not the Powers The Be.

With that said... time to really poison myself... I need a cigarette.

-EDIT due to absolutely wretched spelling!

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Rashaverak]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
But consider, computers are everywhere now. (assuming they exist) We're breathing those toxic chemicals all the time, about everywhere we go, they're in our home, our workplace, our hospitals, everyhwere. I couldn't think of a better way to poison a population.

the point is that those outgassed chemicals are endocrine disruptors, meaning it makes people fat, maybe its not just because we're simply lazy.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The chemical build up of using computer and technological devices is just beginning to show up in tests, don be so naive people, the big companies are NOT your friends, "they" don care if there is a potential health risk, all they care about is profit.

TEchnomachines have been in our homes for less than 30 years, at least for the masses, some people are more sensitive to chemicals than others, granted, the majority wont even relate their cancers, asthmas and lung problems to the accumulation of burnt chemicals.

It can get very warm inside a computer case or tv, or dvd, or whatever, fumes are released, that is a fact, people enclosed in small spaces is much more vulnerable to said chemicals, they dissipate, but traces can be found in our blood, if you want proof of it, take a blood test yourself and do a general chemical analysis, those tests are expensive, but worthwile, you could even change your mind about the subject.

The symptoms are there, the chemicals are there.
When the techno generations reach the 3rd age, 60+ years, you will see, all sorts of diseases and ailments closely related to being exposed to chemicals and electromagnetic fields.
Big companies know this, but as usual they will let someone else deal with the problem, todays CEO's wont be around when the problems arise.

great post OP, it doesn't matter if they believe or not, the few that do can take measures to make their environments less toxic!

join