It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream or Other?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Last night I went to bed around 10 PM. I was exhausted. I don't really remember falling asleep but I remember at one point laying on my side feeling as if I was laying on a water bed. After a short time it felt like not only my bed but the floor and then the whole building was moving in a wave like fashion. This startled me a bit as I remember thinking the whole building was going to collapse and I would be swallowed up. I remember my body starting to shake. When I opened my eyes I was in my bed laying on my side, the window at my back. A bright white light engulfed my window and my entire body. My body still shaking. I had a horrible feeling like I was going to be taken away so I tried to scream but nothing was coming out but small murmers. I couldn't move my body, I was paralyzed. I felt like I was trying so hard to move and scream. I knew my husband was in the next room and I knew I needed to get his attention... finally after what felt like much struggling, I got his name out. The light faded and I could move again. I noticed the time on the clock was 12:30 AM and I felt incredibly tired and drained. I was so upset by what I thought just happened I just blurted it all out to my husband. He thought I was crazy. He kept reminding me that he was in the next room and didn't hear or see a thing and that it was just a bad / creative dream. I can't explain any of this and if this was a dream it felt so real.

It bothered me most of the day so I finally said something to my mother hoping for some comfort. Instead I was scared to hear that not only did my mother but my grandmother have these same experiences. I can't explain this dream or what it means or why all the women in my family have had the same dream but I know I didn't like it. If anyone can shed any light on this, please do. Any interpretations?

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Dimension404]

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Dimension404]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thats nothing but the subconscious mind playing with you, it happens a lot you know when you sleep only your muscles and body organs sleep, but the brain does not, it keeps on working and thats why you get dreams during sleep and in the same way in a half sleep and half awake state the brain is trying to dream, thats all,
,anyway why is this post in the aliens and ufo forum

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This sounds very much like sleep paralysis. It is a very common sleep disturbance, depicted in illustrations dating back centuries. Numerous mythological explanations have been brought forth, be it an attack by a demon or witch, or (in more recent decades) alien visitation or abduction. Sleep paralysis occurs when the mind regains a good deal of consciousness but the body remains in a paralyzed state. The result is a feeling of panic and terror often accompanied by vivid hallucinations. I have had issues with sleep paralysis in the past, primarily during periods of mental stress. It is not a pleasant feeling and I sympathize with your experience, though mine were not accompanied by such vivid hallucinations. It has been suggested that sleep paralysis is a hereditary condition.

I am offering this as the best explanation I can provide. It seems most probable in my mind, but I understand the presence of other possibilities.

Here is a link with detailed information on sleep paralysis: en.wikipedia.org...

and a pertinent news article: query.nytimes.com...

[edit on 23/8/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This is important. Did you all have the same dream on the same night? Or you have all had similar dreams on different nights? Just want to clear that up.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for the explanations. I find the sleep paralysis bit very interesting and the most probable. The whole experience was very scary and I hope it does not become a recurring event. I can only remember one other time when I was around the age of 6 or 7 where something very similar happened.

If sleep paralysis is hereditary then that explains why both my mother and grandmother seem to have the same types of dreams / experiences. Just to clarify this; their experiences were not on the same night. They have had them over the years and as they have told me they got more frequent / worse after the age of 40.

I think I'm going to research sleep paralysis a bit more so I can understand what happened better.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Most likely sleep paralysis. But one quick questions...did you felt like you were in some type of vortex? Or did you hear or see anything unusual?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There were a few unusual things that stood out:
- The first thing I remembered was the feeling of being on a water bed. I felt like I was wrapped up in a cacoon (unable to move) and everything beneath me was moving in a wave like fashion.

- When I opened my eyes the time on the clock was 11:30 PM (Just about an hour after I initially went to bed). This is when I saw the very white bright light come through my window and engulf my body.

- Not being able to move or talk at all but feeling like I was struggling. My body shaking uncontrollably at this point.

- I had the feeling that I was being pulled from my bed toward the window

- When I was able to finally get some noise out, the light faded and I gained full mobility. I was very upset and scared. I actually sat up in bed and saw the time was now 12:30 AM.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Dimension404]

top topics

join