It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapon Ban Author chosen as Obama VP

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

When I still lived in CT a local online news source was all hot over some gun topic. I thought it would be funny to link a survey up on their message boards so I posted this very clip of her admitting to not knowing what a barrel shroud was as well as a survey of these questions:

A ban on barrel shrouds would make me feel safer Y/N

A ban on barrel shrouds would not make me feel safer Y/N

I know what a barrel shroud is Y/N

I do not know what a barrel shroud is Y/N

I do not know what a barrel shroud is but it should still be banned Y/N

At least a third of all who answered answered Y to the last one. Admitting they have no clue what a barrel shroud was and still believed it should be banned.

People are idiots and they vote. Tyranny of the masses. The widest and lowest part of the bell curve.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It's absolutely frightening those people have the same vote as you and I do.

Reminds me of this P&T clip where they get people to agree to ban water.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by A Wolf Among Sheep

OMG what a bunch of idiots. I never saw that PnT clip before.

Proof positive people will be duped into anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I support an assault rifle ban. There is no need to fire a bullet in three shot or constant fire bursts. If you can empty your clip in a second by holding down the trigger, you are NOT using your gun for hunting purposes... Self defense doesn't mean cut the offender in half with your gun.

ponder that instead of getting all uppity thinking that you should die for your guns...

Coven, no offense intended but how would you go about fighting the good fight from within the government, if your understanding of the terminology is fraught with misconception. I'm confident second amendment advocates will assist with clarification.
I'd like to, but I can't type worth a damn. : ) And to all that parrot the; hunting recreation, sporting mantra. Stop ! It's deceptive and without merit.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join