It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama picks Biden to be running mate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Obama picks Biden to be running mate

www.breitbart.com

Biden, 65, has twice sought the White House, and is a Catholic with blue-collar roots, a generally liberal voting record and a reputation as a long-winded orator.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The ONLY two time winner of Politifacts.com's coveted Pants on fire liar award.

But hey, he's a politician what do you expect?

Dont blame me, Im writing in Ron Paul aka Citizen Statesman.

Goodbye, Joe

By Angie Drobnic Holan
Published on Friday, January 4th, 2008 at 03:23 p.m.

SUMMARY: With his penchant for the pithy exaggeration and a formidable grasp of foreign policy, Joe Biden made fact-checking a little more fun. Here's a look at some of his more interesting contentions.

Abandoning his bid for president in a nostalgic farewell speech after a disappointing Iowa finish, Joe Biden told supporters his campaign philosophy: “I committed that I would say exactly what I believe; I committed that I would not in any way truncate what I thought needed to be said.”

And Biden kept that promise, whether he was claiming George W. Bush is “brain-dead” or digging into the intricacies of Iraq policy.

• Biden is the only two-time winner (so far) of our popular Pants on Fire rating. It appears the Republicans brought out the fabulist in Biden: We gave him his first Pants on Fire for saying that the president is brain-dead and another for saying that Rudy Giuliani is "probably the most underqualified man since George Bush to seek the presidency."

• Biden had substantive positions on foreign policy in Iraq. We dug into his detailed plan for ending the war there peacefully. Biden was also willing to tussle with fellow candidate Bill Richardson when Richardson attacked the plan.

• If he tooted his own horn with a little too much enthusiasm, he still brought up substantive issues while he was at it. We checked his claims that he brought down crime in New York City and ended genocide in Bosnia. (We found both items Barely True).

So good luck, Joe Biden. We’ll see you at your post on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee — and maybe those murmurs that you’d be a great secretary of state in a Democratic administration will come true.

Biden’s friend and Senate colleague Chris Dodd withdrew as well. While Dodd wasn’t as quotable as his friend Biden, he did better overall on our Truth-O-Meter. Check out Dodd's statements here.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
CFR member i believe, who talks up to his king makers, and talks down to you lot. Chris Matthews will be coming every minute, with biden and obama both running.

Chris matthews must have a big smile on his face, lol......

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Quotes from Joseph Biden:

"Because of our lack of a prevention strategy, we're left with no option here, in my view, but to support Israel in what is a totally legitimate self-defense effort." (Washington, July 16, 2006) (Quote shortly after Israel kidnapped 50 elected palestinian MPs on trumped up charges)

The Democrats' support for Israel "comes from our gut, moves through our heart, and ends up in our head. It's almost genetic." (October 5, 2006)

Obama/Biden for Change ? What a farce! Same zionist establishment, same zionist projects for more war and Apartheid in the middle east. Don't let yourselves be fooled by these "George W. Bushes with a human face"!

[edit on 23-8-2008 by ergoli]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
American voters may be put off by the though of another VP having a lot of foreign policy influence . I would expect Obama to focus on domestic issues so in the event that he sits in the Oval Office his admin would actually get stuff done on the home front . Just maybe voters may want the stlye of leadership that Ike brought to the White House it was always that he was the president and Nixon was his junior partner so to speak . Obama should look to use Biden to throw his bunches all the while maintaining his image of wanting to work with Republicans .

[edit on 23-8-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
i always thought of Biden as entertaining..

not in the Spiro Agnew way of pompus entertainment but in a half-cultured sort of way.

Biden could end up as an Agnew II...ran out of office if he gets there.
~ gut feeling opinion, no supporting facts... ~

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli
Quotes from Joseph Biden:

"Because of our lack of a prevention strategy, we're left with no option here, in my view, but to support Israel in what is a totally legitimate self-defense effort." (Washington, July 16, 2006) (Quote shortly after Israel kidnapped 50 elected palestinian MPs on trumped up charges)

The Democrats' support for Israel "comes from our gut, moves through our heart, and ends up in our head. It's almost genetic." (October 5, 2006)

Obama/Biden for Change ? What a farce! Same zionist establishment, same zionist projects for more war and Apartheid in the middle east. Don't let yourselves be fooled by these "George W. Bushes with a human face"!

[edit on 23-8-2008 by ergoli]

And the hatred of America goes on. You see it is like I always said, Bush has nothing to do with it he just happens to be the current face to villify.

Joe Biden is an interesting pick. Safe old establishment white guy, that is what Obama was looking for. Don't be fooled by their talk of Obama only needs someone to prop up his lack of foreign affairs weakness line of balogna. No, he needed a white guy because there are more people not going to vote for him just because he is black. This makes him look like a safer choice. All the blanket slogan jargon of change won't change the fact that he is the weakest polling Democratic nominee in the last few decades at this time in the race. Biden is an outspoken personality also, very frequent guest of the MSM talking heads so he does not need to be coached or groomed to perform. Well, I give him one day before he sticks his foot in his mouth.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I bet the conservatives have vaults full of dirt and slander on this guy. But then again they'd have dirt on any mainstream sellout politician. Only "fringe" candidates have clean lives, but their plans are too far from the status quo to make it.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Biden will make up for a lot of Obama's lack of experience and especially in the foreign policy field. I still think Richardson would have been a better choice though.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think the whole 'lack of foreign policy experience' argument is BS. I mean, look at the current Administration. Everyone thought its foreign policy experience was just fine. Yet in 8yrs they've been able to screw-up just about every possible facet of foreign policy. So much for experience.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I agree with you about Richardson. One of the biggest problems that this selection of Biden presents will be for Obama to reconcile a 35 year senator with his message of 'change'. Richardson has been in DC, too, but the fact that his most recent political stint has been as a governor would've helped alleviate that problem somewhat. Biden, on the other hand, is a lifelong DC politician.

It may also open up a window of opportunity for McCain to at least partially steal that 'change' theme away from Obama if he plays his cards right and goes a bit unconventional with his VP pick. Joe Lieberman's chances of getting the VP nod just improved this morning. You could also say the same for a few women on the GOP side.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I think the whole 'lack of foreign policy experience' argument is BS. I mean, look at the current Administration. Everyone thought its foreign policy experience was just fine. Yet in 8yrs they've been able to screw-up just about every possible facet of foreign policy. So much for experience.

Excellent point. "Foreign Policy Experience" is a label coined by the US lobby establishment to measure how close a politician is to their ruling ideologies, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is being discussed in an earlier thread, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your comments in the above thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join