It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could We Please Have A Bulk Buy For Upload Space At The Store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I want to host images for contributors to tinWiki.
Apparently they have to be hosted on site.

The problem is you need to click what you want. (10k = 100 points)
You have to click the drop down menu or it defaults to combined points.
Then you click on if you want the points to come from ATS/BTS.
Then you click the "Add 10k" button.
And then you start over.......

Let's say the image is at theATS limit of 100k.
That works out to 40 mouse clicks to just buy the points for one image.:bnghd:
I have 50,000 points to donate to tinWiki uploads and I just can't click 2,000 times.

A bulk purchase button would be nice, maybe with a discount.

What say ye fair ATS brethren ?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Though your thought is admirable, would the overhead not slow down ATS?

I notice that some tinwiki posters have hosted on other sites, including flickr.

Maybe there's not a requirement that the images are hosted anywhere special?

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You have to use your own points to host images for TinWiki? o_O Something seems broken there to begin with then. Anyway as suggested, try a free hosting site like Photobucket unless they "have to" be hosted on ATS. It will free up more room on ATS anyway. I don't think I've hosted any images on ATS, not even my avatar...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
From the man in charge because I asked......

Originally posted by William One Sac

As far as the images, please use the member upload space on ATS and post them like that. The reason is that the image hosting service have bandwidth limits, and when the images get pulled it ruins the look of the pages.

Not all members have the points to upload a lot of images so my request stands. I want to donate points and host images for other tinWiki users.

What good are points if you can't use them ?

[edit on 23/8/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

How would you administer the space?

Wouldn't you have to advertise it, and what if you terminated your membership? Wouldn't that make work to re-host them?

Just asking.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

How would you administer the space?

Woudn't you have to advertize it, and what if you terminated your membership? Woudn't that make work to re-host them?

To administer it I just add "tin" to the beginning of a picture title. I won't ever delete those images.

I already have it advertised on this tinWiki forum thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even if I leave ATS or get banned, the images hosted in my acct. would still remain.

If you have any pull with WOS ask him to add a tinWiki upload space.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hey there Anx,

I think that bulk space purchase button would be a great idea, like not specifically for anything but you could use it for whatever you liked
(Tinwiki, ATS Pics , Avatars, etc).

If it worked on the technical side of things and didn't hinder the inner workings of ATS then i think it would be an awesome feature to have.

I know what its like to have to keep tapping that Buy button over and over again but i mean, whatever works the most efficiently

Omega

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
Hey there Anx,

I think that bulk space purchase button would be a great idea,

Thanks for the support Omega.
It's so easy to make the points, but they sure make it hard to spend them.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the kind reply

Good luck with your project!

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thank you anxiety. I'm working on an article w/ quite a few images and my fingers still hurt from hitting that thing 100 times last night. What a way to spend a Friday. hehe

But I think that it would be a great idea. Glad you posted this as the thought crossed my mind every time I hit the button.

Rush

PS WOS: Thanks for the quick reply.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am more than happy also to upload any images for anyone who wants me too. I realize that is alot of clicking, and would be especially trying if the user is using dial-up. As far as bulk uploading, that is beyond my ken and would be up to SkepticOverlord to implement. What would be ideal would be if we had upload capabilities directly on tinWiki itself. But I don't know if that is feasible or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This would be a wonderful thing. I know I'm also happy to use my member upload space for the images I include in tinwiki articles, but it is an annoyance to have to buy it in such small amounts.

Of course, as WOS points out, it would be even greater to have tinwiki upload space. That could be sold in larger batches with the caveat that it's only used to host media for tinwiki.

new topics

top topics

join