It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. foriegn policy reeling.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
link

The link states that foreign countries are questioning U.S. foreign policy and intelligence in reference to Iraq, and that other pressing problems,such as Pakistan, have been ignored.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by intrepid]

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
One minute I'll get the link working.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It should be reeling. Things are a mess over there now. Mission accomplished my ass. Saddam may be gone...but what good has come of it?...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Pakistan does have major issues that need to be dealt with, accusations of weapons smuggling, Taliban and Al-Qaeda sympathizers, plus admittance that their top scientist sold secrets, and their ongoing dispute with India. Even their assistance in Operation Mountain Storm is questionable since they won't allow foreignors on their side of the border.

and yes many are now saying "told you so" especially since terrorism worldwide has not been decreased but perhaps increased since the incursion into Iraq.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sad to say, but the world's government's should tell the Bush administration to bugger off. They've made a terrible mess of everything they've touched and have markedly increased the danger to Americans at home and especially abroad, not to mention the citizens of allied countries. We have never been such targets before. These guys have to go, no two ways about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Exactly. Now because of the mess in Iraq. Americans are targets almost anywhere in the Mid East,all because of this senseless war for ratings and oil or whatever the hell we went there for. Impeach Bush and destroy the current government and start from scratch. This country is screwed...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Sad to say, but the world's government's should tell the Bush administration to bugger off. They've made a terrible mess of everything they've touched and have markedly increased the danger to Americans at home and especially abroad, not to mention the citizens of allied countries. We have never been such targets before. These guys have to go, no two ways about it.

Where is this danger at home? I don't see it. If someone could point it out I would appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Exactly. Now because of the mess in Iraq. Americans are targets almost anywhere in the Mid East,all because of this senseless war for ratings and oil or whatever the hell we went there for. Impeach Bush and destroy the current government and start from scratch. This country is screwed...

You yourself gave the reason why we are a target in the Middle East. Because there is a war going on and the enemy is trying to do what they always do in a war, kill your opponent. Now that we have pretty much taken care of the heavy stuff they are reduced to a guerilla style war.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I know. But we are in danger there now, because everyone with a beef with a America is going to take it out in American soldiers that are stationed there. They are using current tactics because they are effective, obviously...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Impeach Bush and destroy the current government and start from scratch. This country is screwed...

One wonders why everyone in the general public wanted to impeach Clinton when all he basically did was f*ck up his private life. But Shrub goes and f*cks up the world and apparently that's less of a bad thing than getting head whilst in office.

What's this country coming to..?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This country is ass backwards is what the problem is. I mean, when someone shows a titty on TV and causes more of a stir than our appointed president sending troops, killing innocent civilians, while FOX reporters laugh about cruise missles, something is #ed up...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Where is this danger at home? I don't see it. If someone could point it out I would appreciate it.

You should really extricate your head from your rear quadrant and do some reading and pay more attention. Even the nightly "news" programs have been saying "Al Qaeda" is 90% ready to attack the U.S. mainland. American citizens are very much targets. Especially those in the military - and I ain't talkin' about in Iraq and Afghanistan, either.

But then nothing one sez contradicting your narrow world view is going to move you in the direction of the truth.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You should really extricate your head from your rear quadrant and do some reading and pay more attention. Even the nightly "news" programs have been saying "Al Qaeda" is 90% ready to attack the U.S. mainland. American citizens are very much targets. Especially those in the military - and I ain't talkin' about in Iraq and Afghanistan, either.

Big Deal, they have been saying that for months now. I'll beleive it when I see the DEFCON of the FPCON start to go up. Till then they are just blowing smoke up your ass.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's pretty sad people are so snowed. But if you choose to believe the big lie, than by all means, believe it. One of these days you will see the truth. By then, though, it will do you no good.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It's pretty sad people are so snowed. But if you choose to believe the big lie, than by all means, believe it. One of these days you will see the truth. By then, though, it will do you no good.

What big lie? That Al-Qaeda is planning to attack the US again. If so, then how.

Every day I "read" read stuff at work, and my general feeling is that we are safe.

When I get my deployment orders in hand then I will start to believe you.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Put your comics down and read above the sixth grade level. Then you might come to understand the "Big Lie." A good place to start is to study the third Reich.

You once said "why should I care about something that happened during the Vietnam era..." - and I'm paraphrasing. The reason you are supposed to know your history is fully evident today. You do not have the most basic knowledge of how Germany was taken over by Hitler; therefore, you have no concept that the very same strategy is currently being employed against America, specifically by this lawless, Nazi-adherent regime.

Those who do not know history are bound to repeat it.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Impeach Bush and destroy the current government and start from scratch. This country is screwed...

You're an idiot! Why would we destroy our government? We are the richest most well off nation in the history of man! Then again, if we did "destroy our government and start from scratch", maybe then people like you would apreciate how good you have it. There is a reason that people from all over the world flock to our country - even putting their own lives at risk to get here - it's because we are the most free country in the world. Now im not gunna say that our intel on Iraq was 100% right or that oil has nothing to do with the reason we are there - I would be ignorant to do so. I do believe however, that Bush has done the right thing, even if he intentially misled the public on our reasons for going there (and for the record, I doubt he did - it doesnt make sense). The people of Iraq as a whole are going to be better off the they were under a sick dictator like Saddam. Yes, many inocents died in the process - but such is the nature of war. However, we most likely saved the lives of thousands more that would have died at the hands of Saddam and his sons.

As for the WMD - we have no proof that he had them. However, we cant say he didnt either - Iraq is the size of California, so it would be quite simple to hide them.
What we do know, however, is that Saddam has used chem/bio weapons before, and had many WMD projects - including nuclear asperations. Now, could you imagine if he got his hands on just one nuke? How would we deal with him then? Unlike us, he doesnt care what the world thinks of him after he uses a nuke, and doesnt care about retaliation - he has many underground palaces where he would be safe.

The terrorism aspect comes into play to. It is a proven FACT that OBL and Saddam had ties. You dont think that they would help each other out to hurt America regardless of OBL dislike of Saddam.

So, as far as I see it, you can B**** how you think Bush lied to you, but you can not complain about what we are doing over there!

top topics

join