It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Majority of Americans Open to Supporting a Gay Presidential Candidate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Poll: Majority of Americans Open to Supporting a Gay Presidential Candidate

thinkprogress.org

A new Zogby poll finds 65 percent of U.S. voters say they “strongly” or “somewhat” agree that they could support an openly gay presidential candidate. Seventy-one percent also said that they could support the appointment of an openly gay Cabinet-level secretary. According to the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund, more than “415 openly LGBT elected officials serve at every level of government throughout the United States, a ten-fold increase in just the last two decades.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh boy, this should generate some interesting discussion, as these types of subjects tend to create polar opposite standpoints more often than not...

Personally, just as I have no judgement against anyone for their predispositional choices, I would have no problem whatsoever with this, particularly when weighing in what a current nightmare the bunch of morally bankrupt thugs who continuously hide behind their neo-religious banterisms have displayed.

If an openly gay candidate could set this nation on a better course than the current two-party crime family of special-interest-serving misfits has done (which wouldn't be too difficult), then they'd have my vote!

I'm sure I will get flamed for this though. lol!

Thoughts? Opinions? Agree? Disagree?

One thing worthy to note though, if such a candidate DID commit to running, can you imagine the attacks this individual would come under? Yikes.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I sincerely hope that this is true, but I'll believe it when I see it. And I want to make clear that I'm not calling DD a liar, but as we keep hearing, polls aren't always reliable.

I would have no problem with a gay president, vice president, whatever. History, recent history in fact, has shown that there are plenty of gay people running this country. But in the past cases, it usual takes a scandal to 'out' them.

Having a candidate openly admit they are gay would be refreshing. But we aren't there yet, imo, because the candidates STILL have to proclaim a christian faith before the majority will vote for them.

Hopefully one day we will be there.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't know about the President or Vice-President being openly gay.However a gay Secretary of the interior would make for a refreshing change.Imagine all the national parks color coordinated,and the restrooms spotless.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Oh I think I could write about 30 minutes of stand-up material out of this...however not going to post any of it here as some simply do not understand comedy and would find it quite offensive.

new topics

top topics

join