It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's VP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Chet Edwards siteHere is the new VP Obama picked. I have it from a source who got it from a reliable source. ( a guy who knows a guy)

Chet Edwards, Texas

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If this is true then I am stumped. I really thought it would be a "bigger name" than this guy.

...added: I'm reading his biography-- actually I'm skimming through his biography-- and he doesn't seem so bad.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Has it hit mainstream yet? Just wondering..... If Obama wanted to have a landslide over Mccain he should have picked Hillary IMO.

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I like the fact that this guy is all about Vets. It should hit MSM in about 30 minutes. I thought there would be a bigger name as well, but with the last name "Edwards" it will sure get some attention.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mason mike
I like the fact that this guy is all about Vets. It should hit MSM in about 30 minutes. I thought there would be a bigger name as well, but with the last name "Edwards" it will sure get some attention.

Agreed-- he really seems to be good for our vets, and actually DOES something for them, not just offer up a little lip service to look good in public.

His bio looks really good to me, but naturally it all has to be taken for what it is worth: a commercial to make this guy look good.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Im with you on this one. Hillary is and can be a snake but shes up front about it. Shes not lurking in the shadows, shes smart and when I say smart,,,shes real smart. She is a mom so thats a plus, Im sure she has a compassionate kind side. Personally I like her and yes it would definately be an unbeatable ticket..that is if the nazis in power didnt pull a stunt.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If it is Chet Edwards, that's a good strategy, though I really would prefer Biden:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

He is a nationally recognized veterans champion in Congress, with strong military support in deep connections in the U.S. Army and at the Pentagon. Just this year, he's been honored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars and the American Legion. And as chair of the House Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Subcommittee, he just authorized the largest increase in veterans' funding in the history of the VA.

Edwards is fresh face who won't overshadow Obama. He's a southern, moderate, white male in his late 50s who brings geographic and demographic balance to the ticket. He has humble blue collar roots, and has been known to speak Spanish from time to time.

Chet Edwards is a pretty darn good campaigner, with a record of winning in Republican turf. But in spite of (or perhaps because of) his broad appeal to Democrats as well as Republicans and Independents, he is well respected on Capitol Hill - with a wide range of support among liberals and conservatives. (An example: Congressman John Lewis, a liberal African American from Atlanta who fought beside Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, has been known to campaign with Edwards in Central Texas).

Although it may make sense on the domestic front, this pick, if accurate, does nothing to bolster Obama in the area of foreign relations. His cabinet picks would have to be great. Biden, Clark, Richardson...

[edit on 22/8/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

Who is your source? How do we know you're reliable?

Would you be willing to bet your account on that?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

From your quote, Chet seems like a great middle man, which we could really use.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I would be extreamly surprised if we had seen the last of Hillary. I think she has a stunt or two left to pull. We will see in November.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by irevolution

I said my source was a friend of a friend. They claim the source is inside MSNBC. I'll bet my account if I need to . I believed that bigfoot was real too so take it with a grain of salt. I am just passing on the information and trying to be the first to do it. If you want further validation I can contact the GFL. This is all I got right now.

on a side note, on another blog, someone said that Obama already had the "Obama/Edwards" signs made up and when Johny messed up, he had to find another Edwards.

If I get it right what do I win?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Mason mike]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Has it hit mainstream yet? Just wondering..... If Obama wanted to have a landslide over Mccain he should have picked Hillary IMO.

-Kdial1

Ya and have Billy in the White House lingering with all the interns. Cigars anyone?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
According to this blog,

...US Senator Evan Bayh from Indiana will be the Vice President choice of Obama. Senator Bayh would give Obama Indiana's Electoral College votes which normally would be counted in the Republican camp.

The blogger is the same one that falsely announced a US Naval Armada build-up in the Persian Gulf a couple of weeks back. So, take this for whatever its worth to you. In his defense, his blog is well-written and seemingly well-researched. And he seems to have bought a Scottish Barony [and has one for sale!]. *cough*

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
And then there's this:

www.kmbc.com...#-

After weeks of speculation and days of intense rumors, the answer to who Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama would name as his running mate may have come down to a bumper sticker printed in Lenexa.

KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reported that the company, which specializes in political literature, has been printing Obama-Bayh material. That's Bayh as in U.S. Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana. Word leaked out about the material as it was being printed up by Gill Studios of Lenexa. The Obama campaign had said it would make the announcement by text message on Friday.
Gill Studios, would not confirm information about the material. They would not deny it either. The company president would not comment when asked by Mahoney about the reports. But at least three sources close to the plant's operations reported the Obama-Bayh material was being produced.

IMO, this would be the least electable combination.

[edit on 22/8/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Gambling Bug

Originally posted by Mason mike
I said my source was a friend of a friend. They claim the source is inside MSNBC. I'll bet my account if I need to .

That's not necessary. As long as you're not misrepresenting the nature of your source or otherwise being deceptive, you're fine.

Even if it turns out not to be Representative Edwards.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
When I had read something about an independent, I thought of Ron Paul. He's not exactly a great speaker though. Is there a doctor inna house?

Until it's on the news, I won't believe it it's true yet. Obama Bayh? is there some cryptic message in this?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Good thing you did not bet your account

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I received a text message at 4:26am, EST, informing me that Joe Biden is Barack Obama's choice as VP nominee.

[edit on 8.23.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

[edit on 8.23.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
my source sucks. Sorry to the folks who read this post. Like I said, I was starting to believe the bigfoot crap so my BS filter really needs to be changed. Obama/Biden. Whatever. I am remonded of a south park ephisode, the one where they had to chose between a giant doushe and a turd sandwich. In the end, what they learned is that it is the same in any election. Have a nice day.

new topics

top topics

join