It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone (US Citizen, Born & Raised, etc.) be President?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I don't think the common people ever had any control. Throughout history, everything has had someone controlling it or taking over if the people did change things. Look at the Russians, they got rid of the tsar, and then Lenin took over a few months later.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Amaterasu

I don't think the common people ever had any control. Throughout history, everything has had someone controlling it or taking over if the people did change things. Look at the Russians, they got rid of the tsar, and then Lenin took over a few months later.

I will not dispute this, however... We live a lie. Over and over I was told that I could grow up to be president, and I know there has never been any likelihood that I would even be heard if I tried to go for that.

My point here has not been to suggest that we have no control, per se, though it is peripheral. My point is that we cannot doubt we are controlled when we see the lie for what it is. Than only the "chosen" have any shot at it at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Here's a vid that hammers home the media bias:

brokencrystal.com...

Thanks to jfj123 and the thread here for that link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

To give our founding fathers credit they did start one of the first nations that gave some power to its people. However that was very short lived because of what you were saying, throughout history its always been the elites ruling. The elites got upset that we had the little bit of power we had and took it away without actually taking it away. How did they do that? Big business.

Big business came in and bought our rights along with the nation.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

The only ones who could vote when our founding fathers were around was white male property owners. Not exactly the common people we know now.
The country is changing, because I never thought I would see an African American candidate with a real chance of winning the presidency in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by caballero

The only ones who could vote when our founding fathers were around was white male property owners. Not exactly the common people we know now.
The country is changing, because I never thought I would see an African American candidate with a real chance of winning the presidency in my lifetime.

This is true, however white male property owners did change that, and in the process strengthened the ideals on which we believe this country was built to uphold.

If we say, well, it really doesn't matter that only a privileged few can become President because our founding individuals were semi-elitist, sexist and racist, then let's just throw in the towel and give up on change.

My point is that with the removal of racism and sexism, EVERYONE born and raised in these United States should have the opportunity to have as much face time in the press as any other candidate - at least with some predetermined number of supporters.

It should not be about money, bloodline or favor. It should be about ideas and what we, the people, support.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
As long as its NEVER this guy.

please god, make sure this NEVER happens

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Well, I dunno... They have raped and slaughtered the Constitution and Bill of Rights already...small step to jab it further and excise the native-birth requirement...

But I will hope that is left intact.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join