It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel cuts electric cords with wireless power system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Intel cuts electric cords with wireless power system

news.yahoo.com

SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) - Intel on Thursday showed off a wireless electric power system that analysts say could revolutionize modern life by freeing devices from transformers and wall outlets.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is disgusting! for everyone that has researched and followed Tesla you will understand exactly where my disgust fits in with this article. Intel are claiming this as their own. I am outraged!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Once again this is nothing new. In 1899 at Colorado Springs Nikola Tesla transmitted 100 million volts of high-frequency electric power wirelessly over a distance of 26 miles at which he lit up a bank of 200 light bulbs and ran one electric motor!

This is well documented.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Once again this is nothing new. In 1899 at Colorado Springs Nikola Tesla transmitted 100 million volts of high-frequency electric power wirelessly over a distance of 26 miles at which he lit up a bank of 200 light bulbs and ran one electric motor!

The number of 100 million volts is patently bogus. Do you have any idea that 100 MV will do? I worked high voltage generators up to 1MV.

Now, back to Intel's claim -- something is not right there. They say they are using magnetic field and not electric. However, Maxwell's equations are telling us that when you have a varying magnetic field, you'll also get a varying electric field. That's how electric generators work, for example.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute all further comments and/or questions to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join