It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all the Olympic records could there be something strange going on in China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I was thinking maybe a gravitational or atmospheric anomaly?

If one looks at Bolt alone. I didn't watch the 100m but I believe he started late and he slowed down at the end. If he "ran better tactically" 9.5 could have been threatened. If you look at how records have dropped the only time the records took a big dip was when drugs were involved (Ben Johnson?)

EDIT: I just clicked "New thread" without checking where I was so if this is in the wrong place, thanks Mods for moving it

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Lannock]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The pool is definitely geared toward breaking records - apparently the bottom of it is designed differently to the pools in Athens and Sydney, it creates a sort of 'feedback' that is supposed to be giving the swimmers a boost.

www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 22-8-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Athletes have gotten bigger, stronger, faster. Anyone think they might have access to the best undetectable drugs, specfically made in their governments labs?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Not drugs but machines ( tech doping )...

What you are seeing is the result of a new training method called Vibration Training. Its were you elicit an involuntary reflex in muscles ( similar to fight or flight ) at up to 12 times your own mass through Hyper-gravity loading and Mass x Acceleration formulas of the machines.

Check out www.vibrationtraining.net

Its not exactly new and was used by Russia in the 70s, but the engineering issues have held back this science for years. Also involuntary reflexes are not taught in sports science curriculums , so education in this area is low. It has a long way to go before it is perfected but its already starting to change the way people train.

Basically turning on responses animals use all the time.

Funny enough the U.S. is the furtherest behind in this science and import the highest number of Chinese replica units made of plastic ( should be steel or other heavy mass material ) . The Chinese gymnastic team use steel machines from Holland.

I would say by the next games you will see more records being broken in most sports.

Note: It does not really effect cardio , mainly movements relying on fast twitch and raw strength.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I started a thread the other day you can read it in the link below!!!www.abovetopsecret.com...

I total agree with you on saying there is something going on and it's not all the technology in sports.

top topics

join