It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SERPO: What do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
www.serpo.org...

I really like this, I think that there is a lot of truth in it, it's a fascinating read, it just seems far too indepth to me, a flight of fancy or a real contact?

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dibzzz

Please use the search function before posting. This topic has been discussed at ATS many times and although many believe this to be a hoax it is ultimately up to you to decide whether it's fact or fiction.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've only been lurking on conspiracy sites for a short time but it seems the serpo issue has been ridiculed and deemed a hoax by the community so I never devoted any time to researching the claims or reading it for that matter. Is there something about it that peaks your interest and maybe mine? Does it seem genuine to you? And if so, why?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It is a hoax because it is written in the exact same way a sci-fi novel would be written.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It is a complete hoax and scam, readily researched on the web so I wont go into it over and over. But, long story short, the people that did it got fingered beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Unfortunately, there is an overwhelming amount of ignorance in this hobby, and people are willing to believe whatever sounds good to them.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The Serpo thread on ATS was one that seemed to go on forever. When it was finally over and a stake had been driven thru it's evil heart, I rejoiced.

Serpo is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Being one who followed it as it unfolded, the proof delivered was shredded.
Lies were found and brought to light.
The most messed up part of the whole thing for me was even in the death throes of the hoax the perpetrators still stuck around to try to revive it.

If you search a tiny bit, you will see the major players are still in the light.

We are running a school for remedial hoaxing here.
If you want to launch one, just post it here and let the skeptics tell you exactly what you need for a better one next time. It's the downside of digging for the truth.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
It is a hoax because it is written in the exact same way a sci-fi novel would be written.

Great logic.

So next time we are verifying a case we must look for similarities with sci-fi novels to indicate if it's real or a hoax? And can you please post the criteria which characterizes a sci-fi novel, so that we can pinpoint hoaxes even more accurately?

I don't think Serpo was the real deal. There are just to many things that don't add up. But it is an interesting concept though.

new topics

top topics

join