It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sighting Tampa 08/17/2008 3:30pm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
My son and myself was returning from the East Coast on I4 heading west ,by what they call malfuntion junction I75. When I noticed above Tampa International Airport a slightly reflective object, a Little bit longer than a commercial airline and twice the tall, frisbee shape with no wings or tail being seen. I thought it was only me until my son told me he saw it also, I googled sightings hoping to see that someone else saw it with no luck thinking they are like me I figured posting might find someone. At the time we noticed alot of airliners close and far and we where able to see wings and tails on all of them. Now my son believes in UFO's.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Seems like you've had an experience my friend.

Its good that you referenced that you could see the wings on the planes in the immediate area but not on the object. Also good that your son saw it so you know it wasnt just your mind playing tricks on you! As I learned when I had a crazy experience, a lot of people dont see these anomalous objects in the sky as they are just too busy with their daily lives, driving, talking on the phone, reading, etc. to look at the sky. Take the experience for what it is and ask yourself... are we alone?

Good post man, interesting read! Maybe someone will post here seeing what you did, ya never know!
-Z-

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I could either be wholly sceptical about this as 'just another hoax sighting', or fully believe you.

It does sound quite real but then again, an intelligent person could make up any of this stuff.

Do you have any photo's at all?

If it was real, nice

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hi pfawcett1,

Welcome to ATS from a fellow Tampa resident.
(Some call us Tampons, but I prefer Tampainian.)

Anywho, about your sighting and post.

First let me state that I am not a "Skeptic" or "Debunker".
(I am more like the Village Idiot of ATS.)

From your position (Intersection of I-4 and 275) at time of sighting, Raymond James Stadium is in-line of same direction as TIA. (Tampa International Airport).

There was a Bucs pre-season game (Tampa's NFL football team) on Sunday the 17th at the stadium. There are usually Blimps (Met Life, Hooters, etc. Smaller type) that hover over stadium before, during and after game.

Could that be what you saw?

At ATS, we generally weed out the logical then proceed to nitty-gritty.

regards....kk.....and welcome once again. Thanks for making the effort to join and share.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here is a map to illustrate one possibility.

Potential line of sight from viewer's location at intersection (Malfunction Junction) would yield Stadium and Airport in same angle of view.

Just my .02ยข

EDIT TO ADD: Highlights of the game.
snap.tbo.com...
Sorry, I am not a big sports fan........

Regards.........kk

top topics

join