It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is abstinence healthy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Church and the "righteous" right say its the only way. They seem to forgot that we are animals and have inherrent sexual desires that needs to be dealt with. What gives, Is it worth it to wait till you take that sacred vow or become engaged?

I heard an advertisment on the radio the other day and it was about medical trials for anti-depressants, one of the requirements for applicants was to be sexually active, healthy sex life or what not, It souned like to me it was implying that sex is a natural anti-depressant.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Abstinence is fine if that's what you want to do for your own sake, not for the sake of some bogus religion.

We are animals. And those things between our legs are there for two purposes. Reproduction and sexual pleasure. There are no ifs ands or buts about it. And there is no inherent sin in it.

If sex wasn't meant to feel good, it wouldn't. If humans were meant to only reproduce without any emotion or pleasure, it would be done in a much less congenial way by design.

Yet another reason to not believe in what the bible tells you.

Telling humans to not have sex is like telling them not to laugh. They are nature's work and are completely natural...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
In the old days a drop of absinthe was lethal probably still is now.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It is so simple...........AIDS. What separates us from the animals, thorfin, is that we can think. did you think about this before you posted?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle
It is so simple...........AIDS. What separates us from the animals, thorfin, is that we can think. did you think about this before you posted?

Well, if you are abstinent because you don't want to catch AIDS, then it's for your own sake, AIN'T it. Did you even read what I posted?

Animals can think also, so what are you even talking about? You may be offended by it, but humans are animals, sorry to break it to you...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Abstinence is definitly not healthy.

Just look at priest. It makes you go mentally sick and then you abuse little boys.

I personnaly think there's no way in the world one can remain sane without having sex. Like sports, excercise and work-out, sex is a natural anti-depressant.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
it has been repeatedly scientific proven that male discharge sperm and whatever else comes out is good for the vagina and womb. when those fluids get up in there they affect the female the same way drugs would. antidepressants perhaps. and i can attest, and so can any other dude(unless somethin' just aint right) that sex is definitly healthy. for heart, brain, courage, emotion, helll, freakin' everything.

and jack o lantern that says animals can't think. something just aint right with you.

animals have full blown emotions. any fool can see that in their dogs or cats eyes. and you can see it wild animals too on animal show when they care for their young. many animals even use tools.

the problem is that too many humans don't think for themselves and follow blindly the bibles that are full of lies. wake up and smell the pooonanny!!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Sex uses up a good number of calories, masturbation lowers prostate cancer. Sex is good and healthy till you abuse it,get AIDS or your gf pregnant and dump here.

new topics

top topics

join